Devialet Chat
Hi res problems - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Hi res problems (/Thread-Hi-res-problems)

Hi res problems - Wallard - 02-Sep-2014

Just got a 200. Superb! Everything is good but just a little problem. Maybe someone can help me?

Playing The doors 24/96 from Itunes the display on the 200 show 44, same when playing Beck 24/88. This also happend while using Air.

When I used the Bitperfect app and put the Dev. USB as output it shows 96 on Dev. display...

What am I doing wrong when I use Itunes-usb and only get 44 on Dev. display.

Thanks.

W

RE: Hi res problems - Confused - 02-Sep-2014

iTunes is set as default to 16/44.1. (in iTunes, see Edit/Preferences/Playback Preferences)

When I play hi def material I prefer to use JRiver / WASAPI. (Excellent if you run a PC, although not so good with a Mac)

Devialet themselves recommend using JRiver or Foobar2000 with WASAPI for PC users.

RE: Hi res problems - Wallard - 03-Sep-2014

Thanks.

I went in the utilities sound/midi set up and changed the devialet usb audio from 44/24 to 96/24. Hold the source button in while playing 24/96 files and it shows 96. So far so good.

But, when I play 16/44, hold source it still show 96. Does it upsample the file or am I doing something wrong? Sorry to bother with silly questions.

Thanks!

W

(02-Sep-2014, 22:52)Confused Wrote: iTunes is set as default to 16/44.1. (in iTunes, see Edit/Preferences/Playback Preferences)

When I play hi def material I prefer to use JRiver / WASAPI. (Excellent if you run a PC, although not so good with a Mac)

Devialet themselves recommend using JRiver or Foobar2000 with WASAPI for PC users.

RE: Hi res problems - Confused - 03-Sep-2014

Are you using a PC or a Mac ?

Using a mac mini.

RE: Hi res problems - Beajuju - 03-Sep-2014

Have you enabled iTunes Bit Perfect and Automatically disable/iTunes EQ in the Ethernet Air settings? You don't need to change MIDI settings with Devialet Air, let them to 16 BIT 44100,0 Hz.

Hello. Yes, enabled bit perfect and disable itunes eq, the Air sounds good, and it shows correct between 44 and 96 hz. I like using Usb, cause sometimes I use the HBO-streamer on the mini as well. No biggie with the 24/96 files, not like I got a thousand of them, but always fun to know whats going on Smile.

What sound/ midi config. are the rest of the lot using with Itunes-usb-devialet?

W

(03-Sep-2014, 19:29)Beajuju Wrote: Have you enabled iTunes Bit Perfect and Automatically disable/iTunes EQ in the Ethernet Air settings? You don't need to change MIDI settings with Devialet Air, let them to 16 BIT 44100,0 Hz.

RE: Hi res problems - Beajuju - 04-Sep-2014

My setting is Jriver 19+mac mini+ Nordost Purple Flare+ USB Audioquest Diamond. Better than Air, according to my taste of courseSmile I didńt touch the MIDI config, Jriver do the job.

RE: Hi res problems - Wallard - 04-Sep-2014

(04-Sep-2014, 04:14)Beajuju Wrote: My setting is Jriver 19+mac mini+ Nordost Purple Flare+ USB Audioquest Diamond. Better than Air, according to my taste of courseSmile I didńt touch the MIDI config, Jriver do the job.

Downloaded Jriver for mac, put in integer mode + jremote. Bye bye Itunes.

RE: Hi res problems - Jwg1749 - 04-Sep-2014

(04-Sep-2014, 19:36)Wallard Wrote:
(04-Sep-2014, 04:14)Beajuju Wrote: My setting is Jriver 19+mac mini+ Nordost Purple Flare+ USB Audioquest Diamond. Better than Air, according to my taste of courseSmile I didńt touch the MIDI config, Jriver do the job.

Downloaded Jriver for mac, put in integer mode + jremote. Bye bye Itunes.

I sincerely hope that works for you, JRiver is excellent and the JRemote iPad/iPhone app is a thing of beauty. However, when I tried it on a Mac mini I entered a whole world of pain. That was a few months ago; maybe things are better now.

Do let us know how you get on.

Matt