Devialet Chat
Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 (/Thread-Devialet-not-attending-High-End-2016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - midi - 20-Feb-2016

It seems for me that Devialet has a lot of problems not only with their software development and the customer support, but increasingly also with their distribution.

I sounds like the typical history of a company, which is to quickly grown (most of them die the insolvency death or will bought from a bigger player - for Apple it would be a great and "cheap" investment).

So I think they have to focus on this and not trying to sell a new Expert line in 2016.

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - Gentleman - 27-Feb-2016

Hi folks.

What I have been told just recently is that Devialet will not exhibit but instead the german importer ( Audio Components) and some people from the Devialet team will be in Munich.

Also I was told that some new things about the expert series will be released at that time. But I were not able to receive any further information about details....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - Xander - 27-Feb-2016

So there is some news? hopefully not an updated Expert HW but just SW....

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - wikeeboy - 28-Feb-2016

I can't give proof or evidence, but I have been told by someone who should know, that there is zero chance of a hardware change.

We can expect a firmware change, and it will probably just be dialog working with expert which means nothing to me Sad

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - markush - 01-Mar-2016

Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - Hifi_swlon - 01-Mar-2016

(01-Mar-2016, 18:17)markush Wrote: Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.

I'm genuinely surprised anyone would want that.  Or Dialogue compatibility with Expert….  I guess I just don't get it, but if either of those are 'the stars of the show' in the upcoming release, it will be a huge disappointment from my POV.

Also, is it just me or do a lot of people on this forum at the moment 'know someone in the know' at Devialet…. Wink

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - AllenB - 01-Mar-2016

I can only assume that, if they are not going to Munich, we can expect the firmware bump sooner!! I would rather they upgraded the iOS remote app than give us Spark on Experts (via Dialogue presumably). That would be much more useful to everybody (well almost everybody).

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - Dr Tone - 01-Mar-2016

(01-Mar-2016, 18:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(01-Mar-2016, 18:17)markush Wrote: Hope to see Spark app from Phantom work on Expert line as well finally.

I'm genuinely surprised anyone would want that.  Or Dialogue compatibility with Expert….  I guess I just don't get it, but if either of those are 'the stars of the show' in the upcoming release, it will be a huge disappointment from my POV.

I agree 100%.

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - ozthepoz - 01-Mar-2016

(01-Mar-2016, 18:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Also, is it just me or do a lot of people on this forum at the moment 'know someone in the know' at Devialet…. Wink

I think dealers know a bit more than we do; I've heard a few "don't tell anyone but X will probably be coming soon" stories from dealers. As they're just rumours, I rarely pass them on.

I gather that Spark/Dialogue integration may be on the agenda, but - as that's underwhelming for most of us - there may well be more. Wouldn't be surprised to see UPNP integration too, but that's pure speculation on my part.

RE: Devialet not attending High-End 2016 - markush - 03-Mar-2016

And not to forget about room correction!