Devialet Chat
Confused Countdown - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Confused Countdown (/Thread-Confused-Countdown)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Confused Countdown - Confused - 19-May-2016

It would appear that I have reached post #1999. Therefore, logic and mathematics dictate that my next post will hit the big 2000. In a way, I fail to see the significance of the number 2000, after all, no fuss was made at 1000. I also recall the year 2000 and the infamous millennium bug, and we all know what happened there, nothing as it turned out.

However, I think it is clear that IanG kicked this whole thing off in the spirit of injecting a bit of fun into the forum, and I have to say I am all for that! I think the mixture of information, observations, good advice, ideas, all morphed together with a bit of fun and humour is what makes this forum the place it is. Long may it continue!

So my next post will be the big 2000. Some of you that may know me better will know that I am an engineer by profession. So I can announce that this engineer is working very hard on post 2000 and it will be available soon........

RE: Confused Countdown - thumb5 - 19-May-2016

Dare I say "working feverishly"? Smile

RE: Confused Countdown - IanG-UK - 19-May-2016

Well I am a mathematician/statistician by training and my predicted date has already been missed by a day!

Confused brings a lot to this forum and this forum is invariably written in the right spirit, thanks in part to him.

Having just been reading another forum (now "What" was its name) it is refreshing to have this one around.

RE: Confused Countdown - Eddye - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 12:16)Confused Wrote: It would appear that I have reached post #1999.  Therefore, logic and mathematics dictate that my next post will hit the big 2000.  In a way, I fail to see the significance of the number 2000, after all, no fuss was made at 1000.  I also recall the year 2000 and the infamous millennium bug, and we all know what happened there, nothing as it turned out.

However, I think it is clear that IanG kicked this whole thing off in the spirit of injecting a bit of fun into the forum, and I have to say I am all for that!  I think the mixture of information, observations, good advice, ideas, all morphed together with a bit of fun and humour is what makes this forum the place it is.  Long may it continue!

So my next post will be the big 2000.  Some of you that may know me better will know that I am an engineer by profession.  So I can announce that this engineer is working very hard on post 2000 and it will be available soon........

With anticipation running this high, it could be fun just to let people wait a few months for post #2000. Meanwhile, create a new account to start over Big Grin

RE: Confused Countdown - wwm - 19-May-2016

Would'nt it be great if Devialet contacted confused for him to use post 2000 to announce their anticipated new product, silly me, they don't have much interest in the forum that sings their praises.
Cheers,
Bill

RE: Confused Countdown - Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2016

(Damn, Eddye beat me to it.)

RE: Confused Countdown - GuillaumeB - 19-May-2016

Gosh this thread has had 1190 views  Confused

One can almost hear the faint sound of a drum roll building up

Guillaume

RE: Confused Countdown - Eddye - 19-May-2016

I'd say some would call it more exiting than the last episode of Game of Thrones Smile

RE: Confused Countdown - GuillaumeB - 19-May-2016

This is a bit like we're all in a room waiting to say happy birthday but the birthday boy is nowhere to be seen. All the decorations are up and every time we think we can hear a car outside we turn off the lights and go quiet. But it ain't him.  Undecided

Guillaume

Confused Countdown - nicoludio - 19-May-2016

And, what is the present for the birthday boy? A D2000?