Devialet Chat
USB connection undetected - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: USB connection undetected (/Thread-USB-connection-undetected)

Pages: 1 2

USB connection undetected - MIKE - 14-May-2016

Dear All,

Since the end of April I am a happy owner of a brand new Devialet 200.
I play music via AIR connection (JRiver software / MacBook Air), which works pretty good.

Now, the time has come to check the USB socket ... and the problem has appeared; simply Devialet cannot detect the USB connection (and it does not matter if I plug Mac or Windows 10 comp.). The USB indicator on Devialet screen stays "grey". I've already checked my computers and USB cabel itself and, to be honest, I got stuck.

Any ideas?

I would appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Mike

RE: USB connection undetected - Petter - 14-May-2016

Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?

RE: USB connection undetected - canyelles - 14-May-2016

Have you disabled AIR and set to USB in Settings > Sounds ?

RE: USB connection undetected - Pim - 14-May-2016

(14-May-2016, 09:29)Petter Wrote: Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?

If he gets USB as a choice, it is configured. Smile

RE: USB connection undetected - MIKE - 14-May-2016

(14-May-2016, 09:29)Petter Wrote: Have you configurated the usb in the dev settings ?

I have made couple changes (in/out settings) when updating the Dev software, however the USB socket has not been modified. Should it be?

RE: USB connection undetected - MIKE - 14-May-2016

(14-May-2016, 09:32)canyelles Wrote: Have you disabled AIR and set to USB in Settings > Sounds ?

If you thing about Dev AIR settings of course I can disconnect AIR but I do not have the USB option tu turn on.

The point is that f.ex. Wind 10 recognises Dev (it is listed in connected devices / other devices) immediately.
It seems me the problem is on Dev side - it does not see USB device (USB is marked with gey colour).

RE: USB connection undetected - Pim - 15-May-2016

Mike,

If you can choose USB on the Devialet and you have it set as an output on your computer then it should work. If not, I would give my dealer a ring if I were you. You've used two different computers and to check the cable you could just use it as a printer cable just to be sure. I'd say there's not much more you could have done. Except from coming here and say hello Wink

Good luck!

RE: USB connection undetected - MIKE - 17-May-2016

Dear All,

Thank you for your support.
Finally, I identified the problem.

Reg, M

RE: USB connection undetected - Eddye - 17-May-2016

(17-May-2016, 07:14)MIKE Wrote: Dear All,

Thank you for your support.
Finally, I identified the problem.

Reg, M

I think it would be helpful if you share what the problem is.

RE: USB connection undetected - Jnan_devi - 17-May-2016

@Mike - I m also curious to note how you resolved the issue.

Cable - Is important. Initially i had a stupid cable. I simply modified the cable it worked. Then i went to AQ JitterBug + AQ USB Cable > could get outstanding SQ (comparable to AIR3 new protocol)
Other things - MacBook > Settings > Sound > Devialet USB checked for output (i m sure this is already done)
streaming - Roon/iTunes/Audirvana? what are you using ? anything to be done there?