Devialet Chat
AIR 3 beta for Windows - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 beta for Windows (/Thread-AIR-3-beta-for-Windows)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows : ETA ? - misterpete - 28-Jul-2016

had 2.1.3 running for a while, no bother, in view of these positive post thought I would give the beta a whirl. Nothing! Roon shows Devialet as wasapi player and it looks like it is playing, but no sound. Similar to the problem Jimmy had in the support thread, OK, so I scrapped that and installed the previous version, exactly the same problem! I have run CCleaner lots of times , I have tried a fixed IP, but nothing works.
When I click the Devialet icon it always says streaming is disabled, so I click on My Ethernet and it turns orange and I click "Always stream to etc" but when I close the window it never holds the settings. Without doubt, AIR is the most frustrating bit of software I have ever encountered.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows : ETA ? - jmorrell - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 13:39)misterpete Wrote: had 2.1.3 running for a while, no bother, in view of these positive post thought I would give the beta a whirl. Nothing! Roon shows Devialet as wasapi player and it looks like it is playing, but no sound. Similar to the problem Jimmy had in the support thread, OK, so I scrapped that and installed the previous version, exactly the same problem! I have run CCleaner lots of times , I have tried a fixed IP, but nothing works.
When I click the Devialet icon it always says streaming is disabled, so I click on My Ethernet and it turns orange and I click "Always stream to etc" but when I close the window it never holds the settings. Without doubt, AIR is the most frustrating bit of software I have ever encountered.

Set the "Always Stream to etc" then manually close the application. Then open it again. From then on it will be saved.

It must save upon exit, and when we restart/shutdown it doesn't exit properly.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows : ETA ? - Cylob - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 12:19)Soniclife Wrote: White noise!!!

However I was playing with the windows playback devices panel at the time.  I've tracked it down to when I click on the Recording Devices tab, it causes white noise every time.  Interestingly just pausing the music for a few seconds, and then resuming fixes it, no need to restart any software or reboot.

PS It was whilst playing some Aphex Twin, I'm certain if he has a Devialet there would be some white noise heavily featured in a future track.  And I'd like it.

I saw you've reported it already. And provided a working solution, which I'll paste below.
Thanks & well done! Shy

If I disable the Devialet Air Microphone device in the recording devices tab then the problem goes away. 
I didn't think AIR could work to record anyway.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows : ETA ? - misterpete - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 13:57)jmorrell Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 13:39)misterpete Wrote: had 2.1.3 running for a while, no bother, in view of these positive post thought I would give the beta a whirl. Nothing! Roon shows Devialet as wasapi player and it looks like it is playing, but no sound. Similar to the problem Jimmy had in the support thread, OK, so I scrapped that and installed the previous version, exactly the same problem! I have run CCleaner lots of times , I have tried a fixed IP, but nothing works.

Set the "Always Stream to etc" then manually close the application. Then open it again. From then on it will be saved.

It must save upon exit, and when we restart/shutdown it doesn't exit properly.
Thanks for your input,I tried that, still no music and the large Dev icon in the syst tray has become small and whenever I try to click on it it disappears.
I never learn my lesson, I thought the beta might work and now left with nothing working.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Rufus McDufus - 28-Jul-2016

Been testing this a few days. Running with JRiver on the PC, Jremote to control it on iPad. All connected via Ethernet.
First off, sound quality is glorious. It could well be better than the Mac AIR3b. I've had no white noise or dropouts so far. Early on I did get a little bit of breakup though. I do seem to get the occasional glitch, almost exactly like a pop from playing a record. this is with redbook material and definitely not vinyl rips.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Dr Tone - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 17:12)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Been testing this a few days. Running with JRiver on the PC, Jremote to control it on iPad. All connected via Ethernet.
First off, sound quality is glorious. It could well be better than the Mac AIR3b.   I've had no white noise or dropouts so far. Early on I did get a little bit of breakup though. I do seem to get the occasional glitch, almost exactly like a pop from playing a record. this is with redbook material and definitely not vinyl rips.

Occasional glitches like pops is usually a buffering issue.  If Air no longer has buffer settings increase them in JRiver.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Rufus McDufus - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 17:15)Dr Tone Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 17:12)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Been testing this a few days. Running with JRiver on the PC, Jremote to control it on iPad. All connected via Ethernet.
First off, sound quality is glorious. It could well be better than the Mac AIR3b.   I've had no white noise or dropouts so far. Early on I did get a little bit of breakup though. I do seem to get the occasional glitch, almost exactly like a pop from playing a record. this is with redbook material and definitely not vinyl rips.

Occasional glitches like pops is usually a buffering issue.  If Air no longer has buffer settings increase them in JRiver.

I'll take a look in Jriver. AIR does have buffer settings still. I have it set to 1 second.
[edit] buffer in JRiver set to default 100ms. I might try upping this a little.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows : ETA ? - smokejumper - 28-Jul-2016

(27-Jul-2016, 21:26)Dr Tone Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 19:16)smokejumper Wrote: Just completed 5 hrs streaming at 24/192 without any white noise. Previously got white noise after 10-90 mins. Only stopped it because I wanted to listen to a different source.
Sound quality seems excellent too.
I had really written off AIR, but I now think it sounds now better than the USB I had been using.
On the face of it a big win, will continue testing it.

The only predictable thing about AIR in the past was that it is unpredictable.  I've streamed DSD64 for more than 5 hours before getting a blast and then the next time within an hour.
Agreed, it was unpredictable and I had the same kind of thing.
Today it streamed 10 hours on 24-192 and was still playing at the end.
I didn't listen all that time, but it does look very encouraging.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - jmorrell - 28-Jul-2016

I'd love to know what sort of changes they made to software which has led to more stability, curious that's all Smile

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Confused - 28-Jul-2016

This is the list of developments from Quentin Sannie's letter in response to the AIR petition:

* Realtime audio playback graphical analysis tools development (Mac / Win)
* Audio format management code rework (Mac / Win)
* Streaming algorithm bug fixes and multi platform adaptative tunings (Mac / Win)
* Hog mode / exclusive mode support (Mac)
* Kernel driver bug fixes for ROON support (Mac)
* Virtual audio device hot plug & unplug enhancement (Mac)
* Kernel driver audio data buffering model code rework (Mac / Win)
* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win)
* Installer rework (Win)