Devialet Chat
AIR 3 beta for Windows - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 beta for Windows (/Thread-AIR-3-beta-for-Windows)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - jmorrell - 28-Jul-2016

(28-Jul-2016, 22:35)Confused Wrote: This is the list of developments from Quentin Sannie's letter in response to the AIR petition:

* Realtime audio playback graphical analysis tools development (Mac / Win)
* Audio format management code rework (Mac / Win)
* Streaming algorithm bug fixes and multi platform adaptative tunings (Mac / Win)
* Hog mode / exclusive mode support (Mac)
* Kernel driver bug fixes for ROON support (Mac)
* Virtual audio device hot plug & unplug enhancement (Mac)
* Kernel driver audio data buffering model code rework (Mac / Win)
* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win)
* Installer rework (Win)

Great, thanks Confused.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - baddog - 29-Jul-2016

Having used the Mac AIR3 Beta and now Release candidate happily for quite some time now, I decided to once again try AIR on my Windows 10 HP laptop, the last time at which I was ready to hurl the whole thing out the window ( no pun intended ) because of a moving set of issues.

Happy to report that installation was a snap, running under Windows 10 with RoonServer, with music on my Synology NAS. As a bonus I can use DoP on the Windows version and playback has been wonderful.

I don't plan on doing a side by side comparison between AIR 3 on my Mac Mini versus the Windows laptop, however I can state I am very pleased with the sound quality and stability of the Windows 3 Beta version from Devialet. My hats off to them on the wonderful improvements.

Still no regrets on moving on from the microRendu ( and to each their own to the happy microRendu users ).

Will update if anything heinous occurs.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Cylob - 29-Jul-2016

* Direct mode development : straightforward and bit perfect audio data transfer from kernel to user space (Mac / Win)

Does this mean it always plays in bitperfect mode and that's the reason why there's no option for bitperfect playback in the AIR software anymore?

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - octaviars - 29-Jul-2016

I just got blasted with whitenoise.....first time on AIR3 Beta after many hours of playing. I was using the computer at the time it happened but dont really know what caused it. Just stopped the music on Roon and restarted it and all was fine again, no need to restart anything.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - petrik - 30-Jul-2016

(29-Jul-2016, 22:04)octaviars Wrote: I just got blasted with whitenoise.....first time on AIR3 Beta after many hours of playing. I was using the computer at the time it happened but dont really know what caused it. Just stopped the music on Roon and restarted it and all was fine again, no need to restart anything.

Did you adjust any settings on the computer when it happened?

I also got white noise, but it happened only when I adjusted volume on the computer. I reported this to Devialet and they replied that it's a known issue and that they are working on it.

Otherwise AIR 3 Beta has been working really well and it sounds wonderful.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - octaviars - 30-Jul-2016

(30-Jul-2016, 07:51)petrik Wrote:
(29-Jul-2016, 22:04)octaviars Wrote: I just got blasted with whitenoise.....first time on AIR3 Beta after many hours of playing. I was using the computer at the time it happened but dont really know what caused it. Just stopped the music on Roon and restarted it and all was fine again, no need to restart anything.

Did you adjust any settings on the computer when it happened?

I also got white noise, but it happened only when I adjusted volume on the computer. I reported this to Devialet and they replied that it's a known issue and that they are working on it.

Otherwise AIR 3 Beta has been working really well and it sounds wonderful.

I was using the computer but not adjusting anything, this was the first and only time it happened.

AIR 3 beta for Windows - archer75 - 30-Jul-2016

Hi guys,

Running now Air 3 via ethernet and Roon on a Win10 pc. What are the best settings I should have in Air and Roon? If anyone can help, I appreciate.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Cylob - 30-Jul-2016

Sorry to hear that man! Make sure to report it on the AIR beta page.

(30-Jul-2016, 11:29)archer75 Wrote: Hi guys,

Running now Air 3 via ethernet and Roon on a Win10 pc. What are the best settings I should have in Air and Roon? If anyone can help, I appreciate.

http://devialetchat.com/announcements.php?aid=7

This is from the news section.

(30-Jul-2016, 11:37)Cylob Wrote:

Sorry to hear that man! Make sure to report it on the AIR beta page.

Dont really know what to report but I will do it anyway. I got the impression it was when I had aktivated Fidelizer but not really shure was doing some other stuff aswell with the computer. But I suspect Fidelizer as it makes changes to Windows and that is one of the known bugs that Devialet has on the beta testing page.