Devialet Chat
AIR 3 beta for Windows - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 beta for Windows (/Thread-AIR-3-beta-for-Windows)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - smokejumper - 01-Aug-2016

On extended listening on AIR 3 getting random loud pop/clicks during playback, even on 16/44.1 material. Uninstalled AIR 3 and reinstalled 2.1.4 beta, no clicks. Reinstalled AIR 3, clicks return. Network is a non-shared 1 Gb link. Not sure what is going on, reported to Devialet. If this was network related, would expect it to affect 2.1.4, and I never had it previously.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - mdconnelly - 03-Aug-2016

Spent a good bit of time with AIR3beta for Windows over the last 2 days. So far, it just works - not a single qlitch - which is a major improvement over my experience with AIR 2.13! Can't yet speak as to SQ difference but I am quite pleased with what I'm hearing via AIR 3. Once I gain more time and confidence in AIR 3, I'll start comparing SQ to using my microRendu... stay tuned.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Dr Tone - 03-Aug-2016

So has anyone been hammering AIR 3 beta hard with continual DSD?

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - baddog - 03-Aug-2016

(03-Aug-2016, 18:16)Dr Tone Wrote: So has anyone been hammering AIR 3 beta hard with continual DSD?

Several days now with nary a hiccup. I would say about 1 1/2 hours of playback a day of DSD material.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Dr Tone - 03-Aug-2016

(03-Aug-2016, 20:34)baddog Wrote:
(03-Aug-2016, 18:16)Dr Tone Wrote: So has anyone been hammering AIR 3 beta hard with continual DSD?

Several days now with nary a hiccup. I would say about 1 1/2 hours of playback a day of DSD material.

I'm looking more for 8+ hours over quite a few days.  Sometimes it would take 6 hours before it would happen with 2.1.3 in my environment, next time after an hour or 2.  Then the next 20 minutes.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - baddog - 04-Aug-2016

@DR Tone - Ok today I put in 5 straight hours of DSD64 material via RoonServer running on a Windows 10 laptop running AIR 3 Beta, with music stored on a Synology NAS.

I will try to get beyond 7+ hours straight for you this weekend.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Dr Tone - 04-Aug-2016

(04-Aug-2016, 03:13)baddog Wrote: @DR Tone - Ok today I put in 5 straight hours of DSD64 material via RoonServer running on a Windows 10 laptop running AIR 3 Beta, with music stored on a Synology NAS.

I will try to get beyond 7+ hours straight for you this weekend.

Perfect.  Thank you!

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Riddo - 05-Aug-2016

I don't play any DSD files, but the frustration for me is that I can't play 24/192 for more than a minute or two without noise. 24/96 is fine and works flawlessly until HQPlayer hangs - usually about every 30 minutes or so.
 I am getting Wifi strength of about -29dBm according to the Dev dialogue box.
 As far as sound quality goes I love the latest beta, but not so much the new firmware which sounds a little bit uninvolving. I prefer the previous iteration or 7.1.3.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - jmorrell - 06-Aug-2016

Rock solid over here. Only two minor niggles are:

1. Clicking on the recording tab in sound devices results in hiss.
2. For some reason Devialet Air is getting set as the default audio device, despite me setting it back to my Realtek Audio device.

Apart from that, I can potter around the house with cofidence that a horrendous hiss is going to cause me to choke on my tea!

Good weekend all Smile

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Cylob - 06-Aug-2016

(06-Aug-2016, 16:38)jmorrell Wrote: Rock solid over here. Only two minor niggles are:

1. Clicking on the recording tab in sound devices results in hiss.
2. For some reason Devialet Air is getting set as the default audio device, despite me setting it back to my Realtek Audio device.

Apart from that, I can potter around the house with cofidence that a horrendous hiss is going to cause me to choke on my tea!

Good weekend all Smile

Problem one should be solved when doing this: disable the Devialet Air Microphone device in the recording devices tab.
You might wanna report problem 2 in the Love is in the AIR page on the Devialet site.
It has been reported but it might be useful for them to see that more people are affected by this bug. Here's the link::::

Love Is In The AIR