Devialet Chat
AIR 3 beta for Windows - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR 3 beta for Windows (/Thread-AIR-3-beta-for-Windows)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Zappydev - 09-Aug-2016

(09-Aug-2016, 12:19)mdconnelly Wrote: Building a dedicated server may be just the ticket to keep AIR 3 working without white noise.   I was checking email on the computer running AIR when it happened to me. Now, this computer is a robust i7 desktop with 16g of RAM and an SSD so I have a hard time imagining how checking email could have triggered the white noise, but who knows.   Windows by definition is a multitasking operating system.    I wonder if a well configured install of Fidelizer Pro might make it more stable?

I have experienced the DWN a handful of times with AIR3Win, but only under specific conditions: if Roon is already playing out to AIR while the Devialet has a different input selected, then sometimes when I select the AIR input I get blasted. As a rule, cycling through the inputs, or stopping and re-starting Roon playback seems to fix it. If I select AIR before starting playback, then I never have a problem (so far!!)

Unlike its predecessor, this version has never crashed my NUC, but on a couple of occasions, it did re-boot my Devialet !

It's definitely not perfect, but it is a vast improvement, and the sound quality is the best I have heard on my system.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Dr Tone - 09-Aug-2016

So, Air on a dedicated roonbridge machine sounds like it might be the most stable solution right now.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - mdconnelly - 09-Aug-2016

(09-Aug-2016, 13:13)Dr Tone Wrote: So, Air on a dedicated roonbridge machine sounds like it might be the most stable solution right now.

Perhaps.   I am running it on a mostly dedicated roonserver machine.   So far, have only heard the white noise once.   But truthfully, I'm very hesitant to head back down that black hole seeking a scenario that keeps AIR stable.   Been there, done that with 2.13 for far too much time and swore I'd never go there again.   While I may continue to use AIR 3 beta for spot listening,  I'll likely just use my microRendu during unattended music playback until Devialet takes AIR 3 out of beta (and demonstrates it has solved the problem).

The white noise showed it's ugly head late in the evening when a) I wasn't in the listening room and b) my ever-loving spouse was.   Not a pretty outcome.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Cylob - 09-Aug-2016

(09-Aug-2016, 13:13)Dr Tone Wrote: So, Air on a dedicated roonbridge machine sounds like it might be the most stable solution right now.

Running various bitrates 24/7 for 3 weeks tomorrow with no crash, white noise or a hickup even,
so I would say a regular windows computer with Foobar would be a more stable solution right now.

[*white noise incoming in 3...2...]

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - mdconnelly - 11-Aug-2016

Well, I've now had AIR 3 beta kick into white noise 4 times.  But what's interesting is that it seems far more predictable than AIR 2.13 was... 

- Twice it occurred while I was using the Win 10 desktop computer that is running AIR and RoonServer.  Both times I was doing something that likely created network traffic.
- Once it occurred while I was changing input on the Devialet from Ethernet (AIR) while it was playing to another input.  When I went back to Ethernet, I got the white noise.
- The last time I tried remoting into the desktop while AIR was playing and it immediately kicked into the white noise.

Not sure what quite to make of that, but will convey this to Devialet.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - Cylob - 11-Aug-2016

(11-Aug-2016, 16:16)mdconnelly Wrote: Well, I've now had AIR 3 beta kick into white noise 4 times.  But what's interesting is that it seems far more predictable than AIR 2.13 was... 

- Twice it occurred while I was using the Win 10 desktop computer that is running AIR and RoonServer.  Both times I was doing something that likely created network traffic.
- Once it occurred while I was changing input on the Devialet from Ethernet (AIR) while it was playing to another input.  When I went back to Ethernet, I got the white noise.
- The last time I tried remoting into the desktop while AIR was playing and it immediately kicked into the white noise.

Any other players you could test it with? Like Foobar or JRiver?

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - mdconnelly - 11-Aug-2016

(11-Aug-2016, 17:14)Cylob Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 16:16)mdconnelly Wrote: Well, I've now had AIR 3 beta kick into white noise 4 times.  But what's interesting is that it seems far more predictable than AIR 2.13 was... 

Unfortunately, no, not right now.  The desktop that I've got RoonServer and AIR on has very little other software installed.   While I don't use JRiver, I could install Foobar and/or LMS and give it a try, but won't be able to do so for at least another week or so.

For what it's worth, when I was trying to get AIR 2.13 to be stable a few months back, I did try LMS and other Windows players and still got the white noise, so I kinda doubt it's related to RoonServer or any other media player.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - El_Duderino - 11-Aug-2016

(11-Aug-2016, 18:32)mdconnelly Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 17:14)Cylob Wrote:

Unfortunately, no, not right now.  The desktop that I've got RoonServer and AIR on has very little other software installed.   While I don't use JRiver, I could install Foobar and/or LMS and give it a try, but won't be able to do so for at least another week or so.

For what it's worth, when I was trying to get AIR 2.13 to be stable a few months back, I did try LMS and other Windows players and still got the white noise, so I kinda doubt it's related to RoonServer or any other media player.

This is useful information.  Air 3 Beta, running on an Intel NUC, has been stable across all bitrates for me with the exception of one situation.  If I remotely connect to the NUC using Teamviewer, I will immediately get white noise.  Interestingly, Air 2.13 -- which was largely stable for me -- did not exhibit this behavior.

AIR 3 beta for Windows - Soniclife - 11-Aug-2016

For the people getting white noise when they take remote control of the pc have you disabled air in recording devices? I can see that being the culprit.

RE: AIR 3 beta for Windows - El_Duderino - 11-Aug-2016

(11-Aug-2016, 19:44)Soniclife Wrote: For the people getting white noise when they take remote control of the pc have you disabled air in recording devices? I can see that being the culprit.

Yes, I have disabled AIR in recording devices.  I still get the white noise when initiating remote control.