Devialet Chat
Expert Pro sound quality - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Expert Pro sound quality (/Thread-Expert-Pro-sound-quality)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - NickB - 26-Oct-2016

Yes, I am and its sounding better and better all the time, what the 1000 Pro is going to do to it I can't wait to hear Big Grin

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 26-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 16:17)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Is anyone still listening to their Devialet?
Back to the topic! Wink

I wondered what that silver thing on my wall was for.... Big Grin

It's rare to be off when I'm in the lounge. But sadly MKR-UK has bumped it this time (not my choice).

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - iamwappie - 26-Oct-2016

Didn't see this mentioned yet I think but the new models - at least my D220 - do not suffer from the annoying hiss coming from the power supply. Is was audible from a distance.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Pim - 26-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 20:12)iamwappie Wrote: Didn't see this mentioned yet I think but the new models - at least my D220 - do not suffer from the annoying hiss coming from the power supply. Is was audible from a distance.

That hiss was only there in some units, not all. So time will tell whether you just got lucky this time or it's gone for everyone. It would drive you mad though if you could hear in during low volume passages whilst listening.

(26-Oct-2016, 17:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Oct-2016, 16:17)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Is anyone still listening to their Devialet?
Back to the topic! Wink

I wondered what that silver thing on my wall was for.... Big Grin

It's rare to be off when I'm in the lounge. But sadly MKR-UK has bumped it this time (not my choice).

Usually the reason I don't get to listen  Sad
Luckily my misses isn't mad on romance otherwise the next season would be that dating show, forgot the name

Looks like Devialet have been lurking this forum. This was in an email I just received.

Early Upgraders are talking about it

We put a lot of time and effort into pushing the limits of our products to develop the new Expert Pro revolution.

Today, we are thrilled to share with you the first great feedbacks we received from our early upgraders.

expert

« I just received the new Expert 220 Pro and, what can I say, the sound quality is unbelievable! »
« I listened to my 1000 Pro since yesterday and I have to say that it reaches an all new level! »
« The sound quality of the 220 Pro is really a step further than the 200, especially when it is playing at a low volume. »
« Indeed the sound of the new Expert Pro is even better than before. »
« The sound of the 1000 Pro is richer, has more details and is a lot more fluid. »
« It's absolutely amazing...it's sounding sooooooo goooood. »

Expert Pro sound quality - ledesc - 26-Oct-2016

If you want to learn French:

« Je viens de recevoir mon nouvel Expert 220 Pro et ce que je peux déjà dire, c'est que la qualité sonore est juste incroyable ! »

« J'ai écouté mon 1000 Pro depuis hier et je dois dire qu'il atteint des sommets ! »

« La qualité sonore du 220 Pro fait véritablement un bon en avant par rapport au 200, particulièrement quand on l'écoute à bas volume. »

« Le 250 Pro s’affiche réellement maintenant dans le fleuron mondial de l’électronique Hifi. C’est simplement magnifique. »

« Le son du 1000 Pro est plus plein, avec plus de matière et beaucoup plus fluide. » Date and Location« C'est absolument incroyable... Il sonne teeeeeeellement bien. »

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 26-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 20:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Looks like Devialet have been lurking this forum. This was in an email I just received.

We put a lot of time and effort into pushing the limits of our products to develop the new Expert Pro revolution.

Today, we are thrilled to share with you the first great feedbacks we received from our early upgraders.  

expert

« I just received the new Expert 220 Pro and, what can I say, the sound quality is unbelievable! »
« I listened to my 1000 Pro since yesterday and I have to say that it reaches an all new level! »
« The sound quality of the 220 Pro is really a step further than the 200, especially when it is playing at a low volume. »
« The sound of the 1000 Pro is richer, has more details and is a lot more fluid. »

If they're all pinched from here - hopefully they're quoted with DC permission and/or a contribution to the coffers.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - moreno1973 - 26-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 20:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Looks like Devialet have been lurking this forum. This was in an email I just received.

expert

Just funny marketing...

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Peter van der Laarse - 27-Oct-2016

Hi all,

Today my (no upgrade but a completly new) PRO220 is playing for exactly 3 weeks non stop and hasn't been off for more than an hour. At night or in my absence it's driving two Stax 507 (2016) at the same time via a WooWee converter; not an easy load.
The sound quality is still growing every day: remarkable. I find the micro-details more present and the difference between a Quad tube set (24-40) and the devialet is with the
PRO series even bigger. The phone entrance is a little more quite and at full power (0 dB) I can only hear the amp is on with my ear close to the speaker (5 cm), or with the headphones on. The Clearaudio cartridge is individual measured at 530 uV (nominal 700 uV) and set this way.
My companion for a 440PRO is already at the dealer and at the end of November I am upgrading. First listening to this next step. When you have the money; upgrade - it's soundquality is worth the money believe me. The AQ powercable delivered is cheap and nothing compared to my VandenHull mainstream everywhere (total of > 50 m) but oke that's another price also. All in all I am glad I upgraded, but oké it is certainly not a bargain. Which superthings are coming cheap?