Devialet Chat
Expert Pro sound quality - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Expert Pro sound quality (/Thread-Expert-Pro-sound-quality)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Peter van der Laarse - 27-Oct-2016

I forgot: I owned the Devialet200 for exactly one year and received the PRO220 on october 6th.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 29-Oct-2016

No one else been listening to their shiny new Pro's this weekend?

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - cfwotzka - 30-Oct-2016

just 72h ago received my 1st upgraded D250 Pro.
still burning in of course and from my own experience Devialet Experts need at least 200h. (Phantoms even more)
already now sounding way better then D250 in particular in the areas of sound space depth, better articulated/refined bass fundament, better instrument separation and more space between instruments/voices.
overall musical presentation more 3D like and engaging.

just my 1st impressions now.

summary, upgrade worth every penny.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Soniclife - 31-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 20:12)iamwappie Wrote: Didn't see this mentioned yet I think but the new models - at least my D220 - do not suffer from the annoying hiss coming from the power supply. Is was audible from a distance.

Both of my new units are totally silent, and by that I mean in a very quiet room, with my ear pressed to the chassis really trying to hear something, I can detect nothing.  I've never heard a non pro unit that was totally silent, almost but not quite was the best I heard before.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - thumb5 - 31-Oct-2016

For what it's worth, I heard - or rather, didn't hear - exactly the same with the 440 pair I had on demo recently.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 31-Oct-2016

(26-Oct-2016, 14:17)Antoine Wrote: The explanation given by Herman (see link below) is the one I trust the most and find to be the most likely explanation. Hifi_swlon is trying to get Devialet to confirm this but no response yet if I'm not mistaken.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2980&pid=46056#pid46056

Well, I finally heard back after chasing, not a very useful reply but interesting to learn they'll no longer sell the 250 but still consider it a current model (kind of contradictory, especially as its also being sold at many dealers, so maybe they haven't quite decided yet, or forgotten to tell their dealers).

They ignored my questions about lack of power increase being a possible technical limitation, and made it seem more like they couldn't be bothered because the 250 isn't a model by itself. That would be a shame but I guess it coming off the website was kind of a sign.

Devialet Support Wrote:The 250 pro is still considered as a current model, as an evolution of our 250 product but not as stand alone product (we won't sell this product anymore, but only upgrade the device to the pro range).

However because our D1000 pro are two seperate D250 Pro, this will be possible to find in market any companion or master from this model.

As a Stereo model (not a DUAL MONO) it's our more "Watted" version version, that's the reasons why we did not increase his wattage. If a D250 Pro is set in a DUAL MONO device, his wattage will increase.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 01-Nov-2016

We haven't heard from Confused yet re the sound of his 1000 Pro? I was looking forward to that one...

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Confused - 01-Nov-2016

(01-Nov-2016, 14:36)Hifi_swlon Wrote: We haven't heard from Confused yet re the sound of his 1000 Pro?  I was looking forward to that one...

That is possibly because I still have a D800........

Although I have been reliably told that Devialet have been working feverishly on my 1000 Pro and it will be delivered 'soon'.

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Hifi_swlon - 01-Nov-2016

(01-Nov-2016, 14:42)Confused Wrote:
(01-Nov-2016, 14:36)Hifi_swlon Wrote: We haven't heard from Confused yet re the sound of his 1000 Pro?  I was looking forward to that one...

Although I have been reliably told that Devialet have been working feverishly on my 1000 Pro and it will be delivered 'soon'.

Ah! That explains it!

I just assumed as you'd bought new rather than upgrading, you'd have got it pretty quickly - figured you were tucked up blissfully listening rather than writing about it!

Apologies, that's not meant to be rubbing it in, it's just surprising. Still, at least it means we'll have the 'report' to look forward to.

What's the hold up? Doesn't seem like there's any shortage of circuit boards - maybe they're short on cases?

RE: Expert Pro sound quality - Confused - 02-Nov-2016

(01-Nov-2016, 19:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(01-Nov-2016, 14:42)Confused Wrote:

Ah! That explains it!

I just assumed as you'd bought new rather than upgrading, you'd have got it pretty quickly - figured you were tucked up blissfully listening rather than writing about it!

Apologies, that's not meant to be rubbing it in, it's just surprising. Still, at least it means we'll have the 'report' to look forward to.

What's the hold up? Doesn't seem like there's any shortage of circuit boards - maybe they're short on cases?

I wouldn't say there is a hold up as such, there is just a modest lead time on the 1000 Pro at the moment.  I never received a 'firm' date for delivery, just an estimate form my esteemed dealer, and as we are talking Devialet here I'm sure we all know that these things can be a little unpredictable.  I'm sure Devialet must be struggling a bit juggling various priorities at the moment.  My view is that Devialet should be prioritising amps in for upgrade, after all, these have poor sad owners looking longingly at the now empty shelf on their rack, so Devialet need to keep to their upgrade windows.  Also, the very first 1000 Pro's were supplied as dealer demonstrators, then further amps have been supplied magazine reviewers, etc.  So I think it is understandable that lead times are a little unpredictable in the short term, it was exactly the same when the 'Expert' range first came out.  I did hear a rumour that 1000 Pro priority has also been given to cider drinking Spaniards, but this is totally unsubstantiated.  As for my 1000 Pro, I now know exactly to the day when I shall get my hands on it, and it is indeed soon.....    very soon...... Shy