Devialet Chat
Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) (/Thread-Not-showing-External-Source-anymore-Toslink-In)

Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - McChicken - 04-Jul-2016

after an up-date there is no showing of the external input* choice in Spark App ( *my Sonos)
any tip on how to get the External Source showing again in Spark ?

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - ragwo - 04-Jul-2016

Tried a factory reset or a simple restart of the system?

Edit: Which update have you received? Is it a new firmware update?

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - acronnolly - 05-Jul-2016

In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - McChicken - 05-Jul-2016

(04-Jul-2016, 13:04)ragwo Wrote: Tried a factory reset or a simple restart of the system?

Edit: Which update have you received? Is it a new firmware update?

No... I had to reset ( re-boot) the system and then suddenly the icon showing the toslink input dissiperad. will try a full factory reset ( have been lucky not having to do many of them until now)

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - McChicken - 05-Jul-2016

(05-Jul-2016, 09:15)acronnolly Wrote: In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.

Think I have already been into all options..but will do it once more maybe I overlooked something.

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - ragwo - 05-Jul-2016

Strange, have you contacted Devialet support or sent a bug report in Spark?

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - McChicken - 06-Jul-2016

(05-Jul-2016, 09:15)acronnolly Wrote: In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.

THANK YOU Acronnolly !
it was simple as that finding that setting under devices, a bit embarrassing for a former sound engineer.

Bad news though...now I got the static sound* that users have been talking about when using Toslink input via Spark
* It sounds like a scratched old vinyl record but I do listen to song that that sometimes have that fake vinyl sound...now I do have it on all songs.. funny thing most people would not notice it.

RE: Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In) - acronnolly - 06-Jul-2016

If you are using the Dialog optical input the situation may be improved if you connect via one of the Phantoms instead. I understand there is a problem with the Dialog optical input and a firmware fix is expected.