Devialet Chat
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! (/Thread-My-Phantom-Golds-Arrive-Friday)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - dkoretz - 31-Jul-2016

(30-Jul-2016, 17:39)Mr_Bill Wrote: Wow on the new Golds!  Congrats!!
Thanks for the post and please do tell us more about the sound difference between silver and gold when set up optimally in a two channel set up.
You are making history with your first comparison between the 2!

I'm not quite planting a flag on a mountaintop, but l did blindly drop $6K+ sight and sound unseen... so here goes:

I have a 2 channel Silver setup in my master bedroom. I have a 2 channel Gold setup in my living room. The rooms have 10 foot ceilings (3.2M) and unfortunately for speakers (but fortunately for my view) floor-to-ceiling glass windows overlooking the water (with triple pane hurricane glass). So.... the acoustics are not perfect...

That said... here are my thoughts:

-The titanium tweeters make for a punchier, crisper sound at the mid and top. It's definitely individual preference, but I like it.

-The bass seems significantly stronger

-The one downside of the Gold vs Silver, is that the silvers have a bit more of a lighter, airy sound on the highs that gives it a bit more natural of a feel. This may be break-in... but it's noticeable.

-Overall, it's not a HUGE difference between speakers. My girlfriend couldn't hear any difference Smile

So if you have silvers... don't worry, you're not missing a transformational sound difference.

(31-Jul-2016, 15:59)EvPa Wrote: Nice view!

Thanks Smile

We live in Edgewater neighborhood in Miami. That was with the blinds down. Here's a better picture of the view

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - Mr_Bill - 31-Jul-2016

Whoa - nice place!!

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - mixart - 31-Jul-2016

Thanks for the review. I almost sold my Phantom Silver to buy Phantom Gold, but if there aren't any significant sound different, I will wait for a bigger model. But I like the Phantom Gold color more than my Silver Smile

(31-Jul-2016, 16:56)Mr_Bill Wrote: Whoa - nice place!!

Thanks!!!

(31-Jul-2016, 18:06)mixart Wrote: Thanks for the review. I almost sold my Phantom Silver to buy Phantom Gold, but if there aren't any significant sound different, I will wait for a bigger model. But I like the Phantom Gold color more than my Silver Smile

yeah... I like the Gold design better too.

I wish I could announce the sound was mind-glowingly different... but it's not. I guess we should never have expected an already excellent speaker to sound shitty by comparison Smile

DK

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - ragwo - 31-Jul-2016

(31-Jul-2016, 16:20)dkoretz Wrote:

Thanks Smile

We live in Edgewater neighborhood in Miami. That was with the blinds down. Here's a better picture of the view

Fantastic view! Smile 
Thank you for the review. Have you tried the Airplay compatibility?

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - Toni - 31-Jul-2016

(31-Jul-2016, 18:10)dkoretz Wrote:
(31-Jul-2016, 18:06)mixart Wrote: Thanks for the review. I almost sold my Phantom Silver to buy Phantom Gold, but if there aren't any significant sound different, I will wait for a bigger model. But I like the Phantom Gold color more than my Silver Smile

yeah... I like the Gold design better too.

I wish I could announce the sound was mind-glowingly different... but it's not. I guess we should never have expected an already excellent speaker to sound shitty by comparison Smile

DK

Have you tried gold and silver in same room with identical positions?

RE: My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!! - Cylob - 31-Jul-2016

Cool! And what a view yeah!

(31-Jul-2016, 18:11)ragwo Wrote:
(31-Jul-2016, 16:20)dkoretz Wrote:

Thanks Smile

Fantastic view! Smile 
Thank you for the review. Have you tried the Airplay compatibility?
I had not tried AirPlay. 

Just tried it and have no idea how to get it to turn on. It's not showing up in sources the way AppleTV's do. I played with a bunch of settings and nothing worked.

DK