Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Confused - 30-Sep-2016

(30-Sep-2016, 14:56)Mka Wrote:
(30-Sep-2016, 14:00)Finn Wrote: NEW  Phonostage In the Pro models ?? I Don,t hear about that , now it is wery  good news if it is Real , that is for me good news

As long as wifi switched off I had excellent results with low output mc systems both on the OdA and the D800!tested with various systems with extremely good results. Make sure wifi is switched of for phono usage.

Interesting.  My D800 does have audible hiss from the phono stage with MC settings, this is with wifi disabled.  Maybe it varies between batches or later models are better?  What year is your D800?  Mine is October '13 vintage.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 30-Sep-2016

(30-Sep-2016, 15:00)Confused Wrote:
(30-Sep-2016, 14:56)Mka Wrote:
(30-Sep-2016, 14:00)Finn Wrote: NEW  Phonostage In the Pro models ?? I Don,t hear about that , now it is wery  good news if it is Real , that is for me good news

As long as wifi switched off I had excellent results with low output mc systems both on the OdA and the D800!tested with various systems with extremely good results. Make sure wifi is switched of for phono usage.

Interesting.  My D800 does have audible hiss from the phono stage with MC settings, this is with wifi disabled.  Maybe it varies between batches or later models are better?  What year is your D800?  Mine is October '13 vintage.

I turn wifi OFF, there is a little noise, i use ortofon cadenza Black , Wery satisfied but everything Can always be better . Smiling

(29-Sep-2016, 19:37)jfp Wrote: I hope the new PHONO stage will be better. I must admit I do not listen to LP's as the 400 is superior to my LP 12 (missing Ekos arm and Keel > too expensive). And I do not want to invest in another phono box.

Where have you Heard about a new Phonostage ?.....

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - jfp - 30-Sep-2016

well this is what I understood reading the comments about 1000 pro but in fact there is only a new A class amp and I must have misunderstood.
I asked D team to be sure. But in fact I guess no new phono card Sad http://fr.devialet.com/assets/V3/pdf/White-Paper-Expert-Pro-FR.pdf

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hualapai - 01-Oct-2016

Not necessarily new things bring better results maybe just different results.
We are always looking for something new but sometimes it's just our human psyche that carry us to think that the new one is better. it's not always this way.
DD

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - wiresandmore - 01-Oct-2016

(30-Sep-2016, 13:06)jfp Wrote: Radikal on your LP 12 and Keel; argh Smile you must be in heaven. How do you compare the D and LP 12 in terms of restitution quality ?

Yes, the Radikal and Keel are special upgrades - the Keel for the Aro is especially remarkable (I had Keel/Ekos before).

The truth is both sources sound great - but I find myself doing more vinyl when it is a serious listening session. Perhaps that says it all.

Upgrade program kick-off - no32 - 02-Oct-2016

I have kandid keel rdikal ekos se and it's sound very good with D800 ( 2x250) btw no hiss at all

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - wiresandmore - 02-Oct-2016

(02-Oct-2016, 03:01)no32 Wrote: I have kandid keel rdikal ekos se and it's sound very good with D800 ( 2x250) btw no hiss at all

What's the output of the Kandid?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 02-Oct-2016

Playing clapton Pilgrim on record -17Can hear no hiss When playing , after record is finish the hiss is NOT louther than i Can hear it , mabye 1 meter away soo NOT Big ploblem ,i Think the hiss is always here When you use low output caridge ,i Think .