Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 04-Oct-2016

Those WHO sent there devialet too upgrade ,have you heard the ney Pro models, and have you compaire your models With the Pro models. And if What is the difference , becorse it is a lot of Money too use ,just becorse devialet give Pro models a lot of roses .

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - jfp - 05-Oct-2016

Blind faith !
What is freaking is that just a few had the opportunity to listen to pros. And I did not read "waouh this is a revolution". So I will wait for quite a time before choosing to upgrade or not.
This is a marketing world.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - AllenB - 05-Oct-2016

I am finding it strange too, that there are so few write-ups and impressions of the new Pro series and most importantly comparisons with current range, I am talking the lower end, 400's, 200's, 120's. They are out in the wild with dealers but no great fanfare from users (rather than dealers or Dev reps) that 'you have to do this upgrade'. Of course, some /many will do it no matter what, unheard and untried. I used to be one (with other manufacturer) but I still see no reason to entrust my hard-earned to further upgrade, well not with Devialet's recent track record.

Sorry, I am not trying to be negative, but I cannot help feeling that I should just enjoy the 200, and not buy into promises of a streaming solution freebie that is yet not even out of R&D as far as I can tell. I have to say, how long does a piece of software have to stay in Beta, AIR 3 should have matured by now, but maybe as in the past, Devialet side tracks everyone onto other things, first Phantom, now Pro. Get the basics right first, full-fill previous promises, even 'simple' things like developing the remote app.

*Shake my head*

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - AllenB - 05-Oct-2016

The only promise Devialet (from their White Paper) seem to be making with their 'new' streaming board is UPNP/DLNA, which I read as we will all finally be able to use Spark. Underwhelming to say the least is my reaction, and incidentally, this was promised for the now lowly Expert range nearly 2 years ago. On this aspect, the only thing that would make me buck up and think twice, if Dev were saying that they would also incorporate RAAT and be Roon-Ready on the new board, but of course, they will not, because they already think Spark is the bees-knees. Laughable really.

Other than this, lower distortion and better thermals, well yes this is desirable, but one has to ask whether this justifies the high upgrade costs. This almost smacks of a 'computer upgrade' to me, just flounce it up in hi-fi speak.

if I was a OdA owner, I would be seriously pi**ed off by all this. As a 200 owner I am not in the least enthralled.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 05-Oct-2016

(05-Oct-2016, 06:33)AllenB Wrote: ....On this aspect, the only thing that would make me buck up and think twice, if Dev were saying that they would also incorporate RAAT and be Roon-Ready on the new board, but of course, they will not, because they already think Spark is the bees-knees. Laughable really.

Allen, if you'd asked me even a week ago I would have Probably made the exact same posts as yours above.

But I've been doing some purely logical thinking over the past weeks, and I'm of the opinion that if I want the chance of Devialet being a RoonReady device (and I do) then the Pro is the most likely way to get it.  BUT I don't want to pay for the streamer card - in my mind Devialet should give them for free to anyone having logged AIR support cases in the past. Since that's not likely to happen, and since they say the new streamer board won't work with the existing models (which I find hard to believe, but...) then an upgrades the only option. Doing it before the end of the year (assuming they don't extend the window) means it's free.

Sure they've not even made mention of Roon and the card doesnt exist yet - but looking at the partners page on the Roon website makes me think they will. I mean most good brands are there and it's growing fast. Plus even if they bought an off the shelf streamer card (some have posted about at least one here) they'll most likely have Roon already.

Now, this is using pure logic, and that's far from safe with Devialet.

I think I'm in a very small minority. I don't love my 200's sound as much as it looks, so ironically the upgrade for me would be more about the gamble on a free streamer board and the hope of Roon, rather than any alleged SQ benefit (which would be a bonus). Either way if it didn't work out I could sell it at a better price upgraded and with a streamer board (someone will want it whatever it does), and right now the upgrade program has devalued the 200 (anyone noticed dealers sell the 120 for almost the same - no coincidence since you can upgrade it to a 220pro for the same amount..)

Let's see - some more thinking required.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 05-Oct-2016

For me i do nothing about update my 200 too 220 before i hear the difference ,and the dealer here In Copenhagen wait too get the ney Pro models. So mabye about 2-4 weeks i Will be a little more Shure .what i Can doo

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Pim - 05-Oct-2016

(05-Oct-2016, 07:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(05-Oct-2016, 06:33)AllenB Wrote: ....On this aspect, the only thing that would make me buck up and think twice, if Dev were saying that they would also incorporate RAAT and be Roon-Ready on the new board, but of course, they will not, because they already think Spark is the bees-knees. Laughable really.

Allen, if you'd asked me even a week ago I would have Probably made the exact same posts as yours above.

But I've been doing some purely logical thinking over the past weeks, and I'm of the opinion that if I want the chance of Devialet being a RoonReady device (and I do) then the Pro is the most likely way to get it.  BUT I don't want to pay for the streamer card - in my mind Devialet should give them for free to anyone having logged AIR support cases in the past. Since that's not likely to happen, and since they say the new streamer board won't work with the existing models (which I find hard to believe, but...) then an upgrades the only option.

Sure they've not even made mention of Roon and the card doesnt exist yet - but looking at the partners page on the Roon website makes me think they will. I mean most good brands are there and it's growing fast. Plus even if they bought an off the shelf streamer card (some have posted about at least one here) they'll most likely have Roon already.

Now, this is using pure logic, and that's far from safe with Devialet.

I think I'm in a very small minority. I don't love my 200's sound as much as it looks, so ironically the upgrade for me would be more about the gamble on a free streamer board and the hope of Roon, rather than any alleged SQ benefit (which would be a bonus). Either way if it didn't work out I could sell it at a better price upgraded and with a streamer board (someone will want it whatever it does), and right now the upgrade program has devalued the 200 (anyone noticed dealers sell the 120 for almost the same - no coincidence since you can upgrade it to a 220pro for the same amount..)

Let's see - some more thinking required.

I know this might be a long shot but the upgrade from 200 to O d'A is so huge that if the same technology (and even better apparently) gets used in the 220 then I think you're in for a treat. I had tears in my eyes last night. I was THAT moved by how fantastic music sounds coming from the O d'A. I never had that with the 200.

So take the O d'A;
Take off the extra watts: not really needed for most speakers.
Take away the improvement of going dual mono.
Add the new and improved power supply.
And you might not be too far off.

Keep on thinking Undecided

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 05-Oct-2016

(05-Oct-2016, 08:54)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I know this might be a long shot but the upgrade from 200 to O d'A is so huge that if the same technology (and even better apparently) gets used in the 220 then I think you're in for a treat. I had tears in my eyes last night. I was THAT moved by how fantastic music sounds coming from the O d'A. I never had that with the 200.

Keep on thinking Undecided

You big softy! Big Grin Tongue

Seriously though - good points, although we are taking away a lot there (dual mono especially) and apparently from some earlier posts Devialet think infinite Watts is better regardless of speaker. But still, the fact that you're that happy with it is a good sign. There are just so few similar posts (if any) emerging about the single box pro's.

But like I said that would just be the bonus for me....

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - wwm - 05-Oct-2016

Hi all,
Recieved my outer box for shipping my 800, does the UPS label arrive by e mail?
Cheers 
Bill.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - actx76092 - 05-Oct-2016

So... do we KNOW that the new streamer card will only be SPARK worthy, and note Roon Ready?

For some reason I thought I read that it would support Roon (not from Devialet, but somewhere on these boards. . ).

Thanks