Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 13-Oct-2016

(12-Oct-2016, 18:08)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I have to admit I'm currently on-hold wondering whether to upgrade my D200.   I guess the best option is to actually listen and compare but I'm getting the impression the improvements are not overwhelmingly large. Someone convince me! Knock me out!

No takers so far then?

Shimmer on cymbals, and wider soundstage do seem more like firmware type improvements rather than a major hardware upgrade. Where's all the 'gobsmacked', 'wows', tears, and 'up all night listening'. Wink

That said I'm going to upgrade, but I'm not overly worried about SQ improvements - although it would be nice, sure.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - iamwappie - 14-Oct-2016

(13-Oct-2016, 20:57)ozthepoz Wrote:
(13-Oct-2016, 19:51)iamwappie Wrote: The D220 has now been burning in for two days. Definitely the sound quality i not yet up to the level it should be. Previously owned a D120 which didn't need that long of a burn-in period. Hopefully over time it will turn out ok. Read on this forum that for some people it took weeks....

My last amp was a Moon i7, which needed about 6 weeks to burn-in properly. I was ringing my dealer weekly, and got the same advice each time.....be patient!

Not sure if it's the same with Devialets, but if the internals are all brand new, it might take a bit of time to get them to their best.

Thanks. I need this kind of confirmation as patience is a bit hard to find in my vocabulary Confused

Upgrade program kick-off - FranckdeGrenoble - 14-Oct-2016

My 200 came back yesterday as a 220 Pro. New box new everything and i let it play all night long definitively more engaging more to come

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Confused - 14-Oct-2016

(13-Oct-2016, 23:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-Oct-2016, 18:08)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I have to admit I'm currently on-hold wondering whether to upgrade my D200.   I guess the best option is to actually listen and compare but I'm getting the impression the improvements are not overwhelmingly large. Someone convince me! Knock me out!

No takers so far then?

Shimmer on cymbals, and wider soundstage do seem more like firmware type improvements rather than a major hardware upgrade. Where's all the 'gobsmacked', 'wows', tears, and 'up all night listening'. Wink

That said I'm going to upgrade, but I'm not overly worried about SQ improvements - although it would be nice, sure.

I can't comment on the 220 Pro, I have not yet had the chance to hear one.  However, based on my audition of the 1000 Pro versus the D800, I have to say that the 'Pro' improvements are vastly greater than any differences between firmware, the Pro was a step up, moving to another class of performance.  In fact, I have just double checked the post I made after the 1000 Pro audition, I wrote 'the Pro is one big step up'.  Then in the Devialet alternatives thread, after listening to the Chord DAVE and dCS Debussy DAC's I wrote 'I have to say, that taking everything into account, the Devialet's functionality, versatility and the shear performance of the Pro, it's a slum dunk victory for Devialet.'

So there you go!

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - alphafox - 14-Oct-2016

Hi all,

I just got a call from one of the Parisian Devialet boutique informing me they now have a D220Pro for a listening experience. I'll probably go there later today to get an idea Wink

Best regards,

Arnaud

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Hifi_swlon - 14-Oct-2016

(14-Oct-2016, 12:54)Confused Wrote: I can't comment on the 220 Pro, I have not yet had the chance to hear one.  However, based on my audition of the 1000 Pro versus the D800, I have to say that the 'Pro' improvements are vastly greater than any differences between firmware, the Pro was a step up, moving to another class of performance.  In fact, I have just double checked the post I made after the 1000 Pro audition, I wrote 'the Pro is one big step up'.  Then in the Devialet alternatives thread, after listening to the Chord DAVE and dCS Debussy DAC's I wrote 'I have to say, that taking everything into account, the Devialet's functionality, versatility and the shear performance of the Pro, it's a slum dunk victory for Devialet.'

So there you go!

I wasn't ruling your comments out Confused (just in case you took it personally) and they've been well and truly noted. But yours was prior to Rufus 'laying down the gauntlet', and also a bit higher up the ladder than us down at the 200 level. Your jump was Pro, plus about 200W, and all x2 because of the monos.

Still, you didn't cry. So far only Pim has given us the ultimate feedback, and that was with an OdA. Big Grin

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Dr Tone - 14-Oct-2016

The changes would have to be substantial at lower volumes for me to consider spending money on an upgrade.

We have had reports of the pro's sounding better at lower volumes but we also got those same reports about the 10.0.2 firmware.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - actx76092 - 14-Oct-2016

FYI - I called Devialet yesterday and was told the US portion of the upgrade program is scheduled to being at the end of October.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - actx76092 - 14-Oct-2016

(13-Oct-2016, 19:51)iamwappie Wrote: The D220 has now been burning in for two days. Definitely the sound quality i not yet up to the level it should be. Previously owned a D120 which didn't need that long of a burn-in period. Hopefully over time it will turn out ok. Read on this forum that for some people it took weeks....

Can you elaborate a bit? Harsh? Thin? Anything? thanks.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Finn - 14-Oct-2016

I wonder if somebody or anybody Would tell if they Regard updating , we talk about more 3000 euro ,becorse i am wondering if i should upgrade my 200 too Pro ,