Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Womaz - 09-Dec-2016

Yeah seriously considering this now. At this time if year I usually treat myself with some sort if Hi-Fi purchase so the upgrade could be done after all.
I may look at the dealer who was offering a trade in though as my Devialet being away for over 3 weeks would be a nightmare for me.

I think they will extend the date and all I would lose is the streamer board, but as I have the Melco I doubt I would have much use for it

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - BrianT - 09-Dec-2016

(09-Dec-2016, 19:18)Wdw Wrote: Hello All,

Our D's arrived late last night on a very cold winter evening and the brain trust UPS driver just left what is essentially a $20000 USD product at the front door.  Wow!  Wonder how that would play out if someone walked way with it.
 Luckily our neighbour could keep a eye out til we could madly race home in the car. 
So straight out of the box and as cold as ice the scale of the improvements wrought by this upgrade were just so immediately apparent and so very significant.  In fact I'm surprised at the general tenor of the review comments posted here.  I see some very enthusiastic reviews but the general tone seems to me to be moderate; pleased but restrained and some even not too pleased with the upgrade.  That is just baffling to me.
(09-Dec-2016, 20:13)Damon Wrote: I placed my order on 11 November. The emailed paperwork arrived on 18 November. The amp was picked up at 3:30 pm on the 18th and was back in my hands at 1:30 pm on 07 December. No scratches, dents or disappointments. The door-to-door time time was 20 days, including the dates of pick-up and delivery. Devialet's turn around was faster than expected and faster than their estimate. Similar to the experience of Wdw, the delays and confusions were all on the part of UPS. Thanks here to BrianT for his advice regarding Canadian customs paperwork requirements; he knows more than UPS does about shipping in and out of Canada. 
Warren, Damon.
I'm glad you guys have your Devialet's back and are happy with the improvements like I am.
Warren, it looks like you lost your $5.00 usd from Baddog, but I think you would prefer to have your D's rather than the $5.00 usd  Wink
Brian

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Wdw - 09-Dec-2016

(09-Dec-2016, 23:18)BrianT Wrote:
(09-Dec-2016, 19:18)Wdw Wrote: Hello All,

Our D's arrived late last night on a very cold winter evening and the brain trust UPS driver just left what is essentially a $20000 USD product at the front door.  Wow!  Wonder how that would play out if someone walked way with it.
 Luckily our neighbour could keep a eye out til we could madly race home in the car. 
So straight out of the box and as cold as ice the scale of the improvements wrought by this upgrade were just so immediately apparent and so very significant.  In fact I'm surprised at the general tenor of the review comments posted here.  I see some very enthusiastic reviews but the general tone seems to me to be moderate; pleased but restrained and some even not too pleased with the upgrade.  That is just baffling to me.
(09-Dec-2016, 20:13)Damon Wrote: I placed my order on 11 November. The emailed paperwork arrived on 18 November. The amp was picked up at 3:30 pm on the 18th and was back in my hands at 1:30 pm on 07 December. No scratches, dents or disappointments. The door-to-door time time was 20 days, including the dates of pick-up and delivery. Devialet's turn around was faster than expected and faster than their estimate. Similar to the experience of Wdw, the delays and confusions were all on the part of UPS. Thanks here to BrianT for his advice regarding Canadian customs paperwork requirements; he knows more than UPS does about shipping in and out of Canada. 
Warren, Damon.
I'm glad you guys have your Devialet's back and are happy with the improvements like I am.
Warren, it looks like you lost your $5.00 usd from Baddog, but I think you would prefer to have your D's rather than the $5.00 usd  Wink
Brian
Well, if I was Jack Benny I may need a few minutes to thing about it!  ;-)
Cheers and Thanks,

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Damon - 10-Dec-2016

Hi BrianT,

Thanks for the note, and as mentioned, the guidance on the paperwork. I am really happy with the upgrade, even though I swore the D120 would be the last amp I would ever buy.... big talk. I've posted a ridiculously long review in an Pro sound quality thread; now too typed-out to edit it.

I will be interested to hear from others about their reactions to the upgrade. And I hope those who've had problems get them sorted quickly. Frustrations can be massive when dealing with something that is so important to us (forum members) and something so expensive. After all, you don't just pop down to Walmart for a new remote....

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Rocketmannequin - 11-Dec-2016

I took the plunge to upgrade my D120 to the D220 Pro. I had paid $4,800 for a a showroom unit in NY which was sold with full warranty in October, only to learn of this upgrade afterwards. I was so impressed with the 120 in itself that I was not convinced that I needed to pay another $4,590 for what was sure not to be twice the SQ. Regardless, after reading some posts in the thread and being impressed with the iOS functionality of some Phantom owners, the ability to add the Devialet OS upgrade and the possibility of adding a second D220 to make the D440 seemed a worthwhile future experiment. It took about two weeks for Devialet to send me the box, and another three to have it returned upgraded from Paris to NY. The process was not without its hitches, and the Devialet rep would only respond in fits and starts when I grew impatient over various periods in the four weeks. At one point I even called Devialet in Paris, only for what seemed to be an off-hours worker telling me that he wasn't responsible for any delays and that all these upgrades take a while as there is only one person working on them! In any case, customer service was ultimately constructive and responsive. The returned box was completely new, along with the same unit, however a new remote. There is s premium power cable supplied, along with another SD card and of course the white gloves and the microfiber cloth. My original 120 had a small scratch on the top surface and an indented plastic window beneath, both of which were respectively polished and repaired. Both main unit and remote seem completely new. The new remote had an inconsistent and odd click feeling in the beginning as it was turned, which was solved over time by turning it extensively. It seems the ball bearings needed some wearing-in, assuming that's the mechanism. Plugging it all in, the display presents "Devialet 220 Pro" and with all plugged in with the SD card with my config file for my B&W 804 D3s, it all sounds wonderful. I listen to mostly classical and electronic music, and certain notes and passages with this very wide soundstage gives me goosebumps regularly. There is no white noise or any hissing sound whatsoever during the quiet passages. Though the 120 did much of the same, I ultimately did not undergo this upgrade just for the SQ though it does sound fabulous sounds particularly clear and powerful, possibly slightly more than the 120. But then I only had the 120 for a month before I opted for the upgrade. It sounds especially spectacular compared to my 10-year old Sony A/V Receiver that I had used while the Devialet was out. I will have to listen further to see if burning-in makes any further difference. Overall, the upgrade was not cheap, but then this hobby is not one that relies purely on reason or technical stats (impressive as these latter are).
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick | D220 Pro | B&W 804 D3 | Siltech Explorer 90L | New York, NY

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - SquiggFSM - 12-Dec-2016

Here's another pic of the damage...

My dealer have been great, they've taken full control and have said they will get it sorted out for me.

They couldn't believe the damage when I sent the pictures to them. They think that they have overheated when polishing and burnt the lacquer in the damaged area. I have to say the general condition of the rest of it is definitely worse then when it left me as well.

They have already been in contact with Devialet for me, and confirmed that Judith is a real person! A foxy french lady apparently...

Anyway here's the pic:

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - maxijazz - 12-Dec-2016

Quite "overheated". Not sure what to say about QC. I am sorry for you.

Upgrade program kick-off - Chris Marshall - 12-Dec-2016

Mines on its way back to the UK today, hopefully in better condition than the one above!

I think that's tough luck, hopefully they'll sort it out quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - EloFan - 12-Dec-2016

...after long wait Nov 13 ...today received call from UPS asking for tax id in order to clear customs....my Le250 finally is on it's way back ! Big Grin
..Just to add ....I ve been contacted by UPS and they told me that they have been trying to get in touch with me for a past 4 days, after lurking on UPS My Choice page found out the unit was shipped on Dec 7 th. No emails from Devialet so far.....thanks for nothing !

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - AllenB - 13-Dec-2016

Just a quick question - do your Pro's click when switching on / off? Sounds like a soft click from the power supply.