Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Vivialet - 14-Dec-2016

Hi noir,
just saw that you also have the Giya G2. Are you using SAM ?

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - noir - 14-Dec-2016

Hi Vivialet,

I have to admit that i haven't tried SAM yet; Bass always seems so full and integrated Smile
I can give it a try over the weekend tho.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - ekal - 14-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 23:34)Damon Wrote: ekal,

It was the same thing for me. I had all the original packaging so did not need the 'casing'. The electronic shipping label should take about a week. Even though they mention a box I don't think you will get one- just the labels. Then you print three copies, I think, and call UPS. Then the really hard part starts; the waiting.

It is no minor upgrade; it is a big jump up. But you can bolster your post-count by reporting on your feelings about the new amp.

Hi Damon,

thanks for sharing your experience - I'll report on how it sounds to me when I get it back (well into next year I suppose)  Smile

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - noir - 14-Dec-2016

10pm, i just connected my 1000pro now. did some first tests.

actually i am laughing hilariously now while searching for my bottle of 25 year old glenlivet whisky.
it is really that good. it is no comparison to a couple of devialet prems. the 1000pro sounds live, incredibly like live music.

ill be back after a few hours. i need to intoxicate myself.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Celts88 - 14-Dec-2016

(14-Dec-2016, 22:35)noir Wrote: 10pm, i just connected my 1000pro now. did some first tests.

actually i am laughing hilariously now while searching for my bottle of 25 year old glenlivet whisky.
it is really that good. it is no comparison to a couple of devialet prems. the 1000pro sounds live, incredibly like live music.

ill be back after a few hours. i need to intoxicate myself.

Noir

I'm upgrading my 2 x D-P's as two seperate 250Pro Masters (gives me choices down the track). My 1st 250Pro got back last week and my 2nd D-P is currently winging it's way to France (should arrive later today).

I really don't know what adding the 2nd 250Pro (to make a 1000Pro set-up) will add as just the one 250Pro sounds so much better than my pair of D-P's.

Enjoy your 25 year old Glenlivet (I've got a 40 year old kicking around somewhere, but seeing as it's 7.00am in the morning here in Perth will give it a miss just the now).

Enjoy your new 1000Pro, and your wee dram  Big Grin

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Borgen - 16-Dec-2016

Finally taking the plunge, shipping my D250 for upgrade today to get it upgraded while I am away for a holiday break.
(the feedback on this forum helped convince me to give it a try)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - noir - 16-Dec-2016

@Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

@Vivialet : i played around with SAM yesterday. I haven't reached a conclusion yet,but for now i will leave it on at 0%. It does seem fuller that way. But when i increase SAM percentage over 0%, i feel like it does too much. Will continue testing Smile

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Celts88 - 16-Dec-2016

(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

Noir

Which one to go for tonight, decisions decisions  Tongue

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Vivialet - 16-Dec-2016

(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Vivialet : i played around with SAM yesterday. I haven't reached a conclusion yet,but for now i will leave it on at 0%. It does seem fuller that way. But when i increase SAM percentage over 0%, i feel like it does too much. Will continue testing Smile

I came to the same conclusion. SAM for the Giya G2 was good in V1, since SAM V2 (firmware > 8.x) it is doing too much. I have measured an increase of 5 db starting at 100Hz with SAM set to 0%. I have already asked Devialet about it, but so far no better result. Somtimes it still sounds good, but mostly it sounds much too fat.
So listening without SAM.

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - BrianT - 16-Dec-2016

(16-Dec-2016, 14:57)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:04)noir Wrote: @Celts88 : thanks, sure enjoyed the dram. and the music Smile

Noir

Which one to go for tonight, decisions decisions  Tongue

Celts88

You do not need them, pass them my way Big Grin

I would go with the Tobermory its been 20 years since i had my last dram of it.

Brian