Devialet Chat
Upgrade program kick-off - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Upgrade program kick-off (/Thread-Upgrade-program-kick-off)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - brit - 20-Sep-2016

(20-Sep-2016, 14:51)wwm Wrote:
(20-Sep-2016, 14:20)brit Wrote: Yep, received my invitation to upgrade today as well.

David

Hi David,
In Kos 'till Sunday, but planning on tapping the button on Thursday so that the 800 is collected about Tuesday.
Best wishes,
Bill.

Hi Bill,

Have a great holiday. Something to look forward to on your return Smile.

All the best

David

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - iamwappie - 20-Sep-2016

Seems to take days before you receive the ups label. Ordered it last Friday but still no UPS label. Delay tactics?
And yes, I admin I'm impatient. In general and for getting the upgrade

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - ewaucq - 21-Sep-2016

That's it I have just ordered my upgrade 120 to 220Pro. True I don't really know what I will get from this (very few, even no feedbacks on 220Pro so far) but I decided myself purely for cost reason: I bought a 2nd hand 120 6 months ago (€3000) so for €6500 I can get 220Pro with steamer board coming next year. It looked as a decent investment to me. OK I was lucky this time...

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Bwaze - 21-Sep-2016

(21-Sep-2016, 13:49)ewaucq Wrote: OK I was lucky this time...

Unless after a time the listeners conclude that 220Pro sounds worse than original 200 or even 120 (just like a lot of people prefer firmware 7.1.3 to 8.1.3 or 10.0.2...). And the streamer board never materialises due to the various problems, or preforms less reliable than AIR on PC...

;-)

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - ewaucq - 22-Sep-2016

I trust devialet on this one. I mean each iPhone gets better year after year, but you'll always find people liking the previous version anyway. But you're right there is a gamble behind this decision to upgrade . But the amount of money I had to put on the table was worth it to me. Also because my dealer (in Luxembourg) had a listen on the new 220Pro and was delighted by it (couldn't listen it myself but I also trust them)
Let's wait now...

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - iamwappie - 22-Sep-2016

(21-Sep-2016, 16:39)Bwaze Wrote:
(21-Sep-2016, 13:49)ewaucq Wrote: OK I was lucky this time...

Unless after a time the listeners conclude that 220Pro sounds worse than original 200 or even 120 (just like a lot of people prefer firmware 7.1.3 to 8.1.3 or 10.0.2...). And the streamer board never materialises due to the various problems, or preforms less reliable than AIR on PC...

;-)

Doing the upgrade and thereby moving from 120 to 220 is not that kind of a risk I'd say. I auditioned the D200 first before I decided and found that a considerable improvement

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - midi - 22-Sep-2016

I have talked to my dealer. He had a A/B listen this week between a 200 and a 220pro. He was very impressed and told me that there is a big improvement between both versions. And he was one of the critical guys who was a litte bit disappointed about Devialets dealer and customers handling in the last months...

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - Borgen - 22-Sep-2016

My dealer said the same, that there was a big improvement

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - octaviars - 23-Sep-2016

Does anyone know what type of powercable they ship with the upgrade?

"Your Expert and your Remote completely refurbished
New packaging
A new power supply cable
A new 5 years warranty"

RE: Upgrade program kick-off - banjanas - 23-Sep-2016

(23-Sep-2016, 06:58)octaviars Wrote: Does anyone know what type of powercable they ship with the upgrade?  

"Your Expert and your Remote completely refurbished
New packaging
A new power supply cable
A new 5 years warranty"

See post #49 by Antoine in this very thread. Audioquest NRG X. For the 220 Pro anyway.