Devialet Chat
Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' (/Thread-Devialet-teaser-11-11-2016-The-lost-recordings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Hifi_swlon - 19-Nov-2016

(19-Nov-2016, 16:57)Phoenix Wrote: Further than amplification, I think the core of their business is Music. The same wrote about Apple when they opened iTunes store, when they built the 1st iPhone, don't you think? Smile

The core of Warner Music's business is music. The core of Devialet's business is digital hybrid amplification and speakers.

In either case a four grand 'play once' album in a posh box is just a publicity stunt aimed at people with more money than sense. I would also be very surprised if anyone buying this thinking it might be a good investment would come out very rich from it. It's also very 'lifestyle' - a label which Devialet seem pretty keen on.

I just find it all completely superficial and pointless. Like others had said already, when there are gaping holes in a companies performance in certain areas, combined with a reasonable level of customer dissatisfaction, it just seems, well, like their priorities are grossly misplaced or it's run by a bunch of clever madmen.

It's obviously not aimed at me, but whatever they were hoping to achieve - say to use it to launch a new technology or whatever - has had completely the opposite effect. I couldn't be less interested.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - octaviars - 19-Nov-2016

(18-Nov-2016, 11:15)Xander Wrote: It's 1200 euro's for an album....

Can I get a copy of someone? :-)

https://stage-store.devialet.com/eu_en/lost-recordings.html

Not 1200 Euro this is a Norweigan page so it is 1200NOK that is about 130 Euro.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Hifi_swlon - 19-Nov-2016

Ah, I thought someone said earlier it was 4,000 quid?

On your link it jumps to the UK store for me and says £1,200.

Damn, what am I doing back here!? They've somehow suckered me in. I'm off before the vortex pulls me in and refuses to let me go until I buy one (and a turntable to go with it - actually anyone know of any disposable turntables? I could be even more 'I'm too rich to care' and chuck both in the bin afterwards. Oooh, quick, I should write to them it's right up Devialet's street - the worlds most expensive 'play once turntable' or the 'smoking POT' as it would become known. Bearings and mechanics so fragile and sophisticated, that once played it falls apart and becomes utterly useles. While they're at it, why not simply have the accompanying 1000Pro self destruct too. Why keep it - you'll never enjoy normal digital music again anyway after your luxury vinyl experience. All in the name of the love of music of course. ).

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - octaviars - 19-Nov-2016

(19-Nov-2016, 22:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Ah, I thought someone said earlier it was 4,000 quid?

Do you believe everything that is written here  Cool Big Grin but he this is Devialet so it could be 4000£

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Axel - 20-Nov-2016

(19-Nov-2016, 22:09)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Ah, I thought someone said earlier it was 4,000 quid?

Damn, what am I doing back here!? They've somehow suckered me in.  I'm off before the vortex pulls me in and refuses to let me go until I buy one (and a turntable to go with it - actually anyone know of any disposable turntables? I could be even more 'I'm too rich to care' and chuck both in the bin afterwards. Oooh, quick, I should write to them it's right up Devialet's street - the worlds most expensive 'play once turntable' or the 'smoking POT' as it would become known. Bearings and mechanics so fragile and sophisticated, that once played it falls apart and becomes utterly useles. While they're at it, why not simply have the accompanying 1000Pro self destruct too. Why keep it - you'll never enjoy normal digital music again anyway after your luxury vinyl experience. All in the name of the love of music of course.  ).

Lol! That's a great post, mate.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Phoenix - 20-Nov-2016

(19-Nov-2016, 21:44)Hifi_swlon Wrote: The core of Warner Music's business is music. The core of Devialet's business is digital hybrid amplification and speakers.

In either case a four grand 'play once' album in a posh box is just a publicity stunt aimed at people with more money than sense.  I would also be very surprised if anyone buying this thinking it might be a good investment would come out very rich from it.  It's also very 'lifestyle' - a label which Devialet seem pretty keen on.

I just find it all completely superficial and pointless. Like others had said already, when there are gaping holes in a companies performance in certain areas, combined with a reasonable level of customer dissatisfaction, it just seems, well, like their priorities are grossly misplaced or it's run by a bunch of clever madmen.

It's obviously not aimed at me, but whatever they were hoping to achieve - say to use it to launch a new technology or whatever - has had completely the opposite effect. I couldn't be less interested.

You don't know what it is, you didn't listen to it but anyway, you have an opinion... Confused  You're seem to be more a hi-fi guy but when you're a music lover, release some undiscovered Bill Evans, Peterson and Vaughan's recordings sounds not pointless to me at all. Concerning Warner, well, they don't have any vision... They are just surfing on the tomb of what worked 20 years ago. They wished they created iTunes or Apple music... Again, the same wrote that Apple's core business what to make computers, not phones or music!  Big Grin

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Confused - 20-Nov-2016

Let's keep this simple - carefully remastering and rereleasing undiscovered music is a good thing.

Releasing said music only in formats that are very high cost or that can only played once is a bad thing.

However, if said music is released on a very high cost play once format and sold for £1000's to stupid people, with the intension of getting rich folk to fund the careful remastering and rereleasing undiscovered music, which is then later sold digitally and at a reasonable price to the rest of us, this is fine with me!

At the moment the release is only available via a very expensive 180g pressing or the play once format, which means many music lovers will never hear it due to the cost. What we don't know is what Devialet plan to do long term with all this. If it stays for all time as a very high cost release only for those with lots of cash to enjoy, this is bad. If ultimately a decent version comes out at a reasonable cost, this is good. Time will tell!

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - GuillaumeB - 20-Nov-2016

(20-Nov-2016, 11:57)Confused Wrote: Let's keep this simple - carefully remastering and rereleasing undiscovered music is a good thing.

Releasing said music only in formats that are very high cost or that can only played once is a bad thing.

However, if said music is released on a very high cost play once format and sold for £1000's to stupid people, with the intension of getting rich folk to fund the careful remastering and rereleasing undiscovered music, which is then later sold digitally and at a reasonable price to the rest of us, this is fine with me!

At the moment the release is only available via a very expensive 180g pressing or the play once format, which means many music lovers will never hear it due to the cost.  What we don't know is what Devialet plan to do long term with all this.  If it stays for all time as a very high cost release only for those with lots of cash to enjoy, this is bad.  If ultimately a decent version comes out at a reasonable cost, this is good.  Time will tell!

I find it utterly unimaginable that these releases won't find themselves in PCM and/or DSD format. There is a record label involved after all.

This is much more about creating exclusivity and grabbing worldwide attention. Remember Devialet has global ambitions and this kind of thing will see them getting coverage in all sorts of places. 

If the lacquer also sounds as good as they make out then why not? People should be free to spend their money how they wish. I certainly shan't be buying one as I don't have a turntable. But if (or more a question of when I'd say) it comes out on PCM or DSD I'll definitely be there.

Guillaume

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 - Hifi_swlon - 20-Nov-2016

(20-Nov-2016, 10:33)Phoenix Wrote: You don't know what it is, you didn't listen to it but anyway, you have an opinion... Confused  You're seem to be more a hi-fi guy but when you're a music lover, release some undiscovered Bill Evans, Peterson and Vaughan's recordings sounds not pointless to me at all. Concerning Warner, well, they don't have any vision... They are just surfing on the tomb of what worked 20 years ago. They wished they created iTunes or Apple music... Again, the same wrote that Apple's core business what to make computers, not phones or music!  Big Grin

Phoenix, you appear to have joined DC only to tell us how amazing Devialet are for releasing these records.

I have an opinion about it in the same way everyone else that hasn't heard it has an opinion. Isn't that what these discussions are about? You appear to have an opinion that it's an amazing idea and is the equivalent to Apples move creating iTunes. You're fully entitled to that view.

I'm actually not that much if a hifi person in reality. I'm much more interested in music - be it on my main hifi or kitchen speakers. I just disagree that this is about music. It's purely about PR. At least at the moment.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Phoenix - 20-Nov-2016

I've joined DC to give my opinion and share my experience about Devialet. I've known Devialet since the beginning of the D-Premier in 2010 and have now a 1000 pro, a 220 and a Phantom Gold ;-)