Devialet Chat
Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' (/Thread-Devialet-teaser-11-11-2016-The-lost-recordings)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Pim - 22-Nov-2016

I had a listen to some of the Navarra samples when my wife yelled out to me:"Do you HAVE to listen to that crap?" And she wasn't even in the room! I guess I won't be downloading these...

Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - LBameule - 23-Nov-2016

(22-Nov-2016, 21:30)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I had a listen to some of the Navarra samples when my wife yelled out to me:"Do you HAVE to listen to that crap?" And she wasn't even in the room! I guess I won't be downloading these...

Pim, I can relate to the episode as it has happened to me almost verbatim, but that was (as we football-mad Argies usually say) straight to the knee...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - GuillaumeB - 23-Nov-2016

I don't know if anyone noticed but Roon made a right pig's ear of this import.

Just had to spend an hour editing the metadata, essentially putting the tracks into the correct order. Given how many tracks this was no mean task!

Some of the metadata still isn't quite right (incorrect performers showing on one track, and Roon won't let me change this) and I haven't figured out a way of splitting this up into individual albums as per the CD sleeve notes. 

I may use to use a tag editor programme instead.

Guillaume

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Phoenix - 23-Nov-2016

Dear Guillaume, Since the audio files are AIFF, even if the file name is not right, all the metadata should appear when you import them in a dedicated player like iTunes. On Mac, we use a very useful programme called in a very originally way "Tag Editor" Smile

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - yabaVR - 23-Nov-2016

Hey Phoenix, when will the Navarra recordings zip-file be fixed? Can't be that much of a problem to put them into a zip-file, or does it  Wink ?

gui

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - GuillaumeB - 23-Nov-2016

(23-Nov-2016, 12:56)Phoenix Wrote: Dear Guillaume, Since the audio files are AIFF, even if the file name is not right, all the metadata should appear when you import them in a dedicated player like iTunes. On Mac, we use a very useful programme called in a very originally way "Tag Editor" Smile

I just used Jaikoz to check all the tags and there was indeed one mistake which I corrected - track 5 on CD 4 was showing the incorrect performer info. I corrected this on my copy.

I also entered in disc number details (i.e. disc 1 of 6 etc) but Roon refuses to recognise this.

The other thing is that the Jaikoz showed that there were 6 different album headings: The Cello CD1, CD2 etc, but Roon is ignoring this for some reason.

So i think this one is more about Roon not wanting to play nicely.  Angry

Guillaume

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - AaronG - 23-Nov-2016

Roon also made my import one disc -- which I didn't mind -- with metadata issues -- which I did.

(23-Nov-2016, 13:57)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Nov-2016, 12:56)Phoenix Wrote: Dear Guillaume, Since the audio files are AIFF, even if the file name is not right, all the metadata should appear when you import them in a dedicated player like iTunes. On Mac, we use a very useful programme called in a very originally way "Tag Editor" Smile

I just used Jaikoz to check all the tags and there was indeed one mistake which I corrected - track 5 on CD 4 was showing the incorrect performer info. I corrected this on my copy.

I also entered in disc number details (i.e. disc 1 of 6 etc) but Roon refuses to recognise this.

The other thing is that the Jaikoz showed that there were 6 different album headings: The Cello CD1, CD2 etc, but Roon is ignoring this for some reason.

So i think this one is more about Roon not wanting to play nicely.  Angry

Guillaume

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Phoenix - 24-Nov-2016

Dear all, it seems some of our clients encountered some problems to download the Navarra zip file. It seemed our server closed the link too early for some of you to download the whole 16 Gb zip file. We finally identified the problem and are now testing the solution. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - baddog - 24-Nov-2016

If you need to edit the meta data, you might find Yate useful. Mac based. 14 day free trial. Easy to use, works great.

https://2manyrobots.com/yate/

Oh and congrats Phoenix, I will need to check some of these out as well.

RE: Devialet teaser 11-11-2016 / 'The lost recordings' - Sylvain27 - 24-Nov-2016

Hello Phoenix,
I have a question about file format. I've been told that .aiff was the only format you have for HD tracks.
When I convert them, I have this error message :

"1 out of 1 tracks converted with minor problems.
Source: "C:\Users\Sylvain\Downloads\2016-11-22\FON-1005008-FIDELITY-24bit-CHOPIN\24bit-FR4Y21000070.aiff"
  Nonsensical content size in AIFF header, found: 153544408, maximum allowed: 150238584 (size of whole file minus 8 bytes header)"
(foobar)

I used another converter. But I have the same result with converted tracks: AFTER the track is played, I have a short but loud sound (a "click"...).
I'm using Jplaystreamer with Minimserver, and at the moment, there is no aiff:wav24 conversion with Minimserver (this option is planned but not available at the moment).
 I would like to know if you plan to offer another format for HD tracks, because I don't think .aiff is the most popular.
Best regards,
Sylvain