Devialet Chat
New speakers SAM ready - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Speakers (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Speakers)
+--- Thread: New speakers SAM ready (/Thread-New-speakers-SAM-ready)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

New speakers SAM ready - GuillaumeB - 01-Jun-2014

Just seen that 2 new speakers have been added to the configurator: the Focal Diablo Utopia 3 and the Focal Aria 926.

Guillaume

RE: New speakers SAM ready - Nightmare - 01-Jun-2014

(01-Jun-2014, 07:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: Just seen that 2 new speakers have been added to the configurator: the Focal Diablo Utopia 3 (...)
May I mention: 67 votes only Dodgy
(01-Jun-2014, 07:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: (...) and the Focal Aria 926.
And how many Devialet owners might use this speaker Undecided

Crazy voting stuff Tongue

RE: New speakers SAM ready - Ekmanc - 01-Jun-2014

They probably start with models that are easy for them to get their hands on as they have to measure a physical example. I have no problem with them starting with models that have fewer votes, the entire voting process is a complete joke anyway.

RE: New speakers SAM ready - moreno1973 - 02-Jun-2014

LET'S BE HONEST. SAM is a great marketing tool. Devialet choose what They want. Some high-end stuff (Wilson, Magico, B&W 802D), some French promo stuff (Focal, Athom), some quite cheap stuff with good reviews (Kef LS50, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5).
I don't blame Them, They want to make money... this is not a charity firm...
But I agree that the entire voting process is a complete joke.

RE: New speakers SAM ready - Rufus McDufus - 02-Jun-2014

I think the voting idea is a good one but it's far too open to abuse.
Manufacturers would be pushing for their speakers to be SAM-ified too so there's several interested parties, and I can see disgruntled voters seeing less-voted speakers getting SAM-ified before theirs.

RE: New speakers SAM ready - Jwg1749 - 02-Jun-2014

The latest climber in the charts is the Totem Element Metal -- from nowhere to 318 votes in a day.
Matt

RE: New speakers SAM ready - Antoine - 03-Jun-2014

(02-Jun-2014, 16:53)moreno1973 Wrote: LET'S BE HONEST. SAM is a great marketing tool. Devialet choose what They want. Some high-end stuff (Wilson, Magico, B&W 802D), some French promo stuff (Focal, Athom), some quite cheap stuff with good reviews (Kef LS50, Sonus Faber Venere 2.5).
I don't blame Them, They want to make money... this is not a charity firm...
But I agree that the entire voting process is a complete joke.

+1

RE: New speakers SAM ready - GuillaumeB - 03-Jun-2014

B&W CM10 is now showing as SAM-ready in Vote for Sam, although not in configurator yet...

Guillaume

RE: New speakers SAM ready - GuillaumeB - 05-Jun-2014

Apertura Edena now showing up in Configurator! Odd - it's not listed as Sam ready in the Vote for Sam page. In fact it has 2 votes!!

Guillaume

RE: New speakers SAM ready - GuillaumeB - 05-Jun-2014

(03-Jun-2014, 12:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: B&W CM10 is now showing as SAM-ready in Vote for Sam, although not in configurator yet...

Guillaume

Update: It's now showing up in the configurator. Local dealer has a pair in their studio, they're going to download new config files and I'm heading over there later today to have a listen. Will report back! Smile

Guillaume