Devialet Chat
Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS (/Thread-Air-3-0-2-Release-Candidate-for-Windows-and-MacOS)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Nakatomi63 - 10-Dec-2016

(10-Dec-2016, 12:17)Cylob Wrote: Did about 15 back and forth tests between Win 3.0.1 beta vs 3.0.2 RC and in all cases I preferred the sound quality of 3.0.1 beta.
More airyness, warmer bass, more decay & better soundstage. Subtle difference, but I prefer 3.0.1 beta.
Seems like 3.0.2 is too controlled for my system.
Had my friend blind test it twice and he described the same on the bass and the airyness.
Anyone noticed any differences as well? Or is it all suggestion?

Luckily they didn't fix my remaining bug, so no harm in using the previous version...

What I've noticed is that I find the sound more veiled, less transparent in version 3.0.2. Surely I'm going back to version 3.0.1.
Hopefully the final version has that sound quality.

Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - philoouu - 11-Dec-2016

For a final release candidate it is surprising that the wifi mode does not work properly. May be not white noise but simple drop out; the end result is as bad. Anyway it is not working for me except in the Ethernet mode (cable mode).
I would be interested to hear about other people testing it with 192/24 in wifi mode.
Regard
Philoouu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Riddo - 11-Dec-2016

(11-Dec-2016, 00:44)philoouu Wrote: For a final release candidate it is surprising that the wifi mode does not work properly. May be not white noise but simple drop out; the end result is as bad. Anyway it is not working for me except in the Ethernet mode (cable mode).
I would be interested to hear about other people testing it with 192/24 in wifi mode.
Regard
Philoouu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It works quite well for me in ethernet mode - if anything on my PC happens, such as notifications, then I will get white noise/crackling. With Wi-fi at 24-192 I got 35 minutes,14 minutes, 44 minutes and 4 minutes (notification on W10) this morning. I am getting a wi-fi signal strength of appx. -31 at worst.
Before upgrading to 220Pro I could not play wi-fi at 24-192 at all.
Cheers,
   Graeme
PS
 I am using Process Lasso to give priority to Air, Roon, Hqlayer but I don't have much of an idea yet about how to use it properly.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Rocketmannequin - 11-Dec-2016

It works perfectly for me on my 17" MacBook Pro. Only issue is that you can't use the app before rebooting the machine, otherwise you get a generic error message.

Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - ledesc - 15-Dec-2016

It works also perfectly on Win 7 64b, but I went back to 3.0.1beta. I agree with the comment "more veiled"...
I'm waiting for your feedbacks about SQ.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Vivialet - 15-Dec-2016

Wifi mode is perfectly working for me with 24/192.

Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Xander - 15-Dec-2016

Can someone help me to get 3.0.1beta (OS X)?

I replaced it for the RC, but want to go back. Please PB if you have it, I will send you my email to have it send over.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Celts88 - 15-Dec-2016

Xander

I've got a copy of both:
  • DevialetAIR-3.0-public-beta.dmg (11.3Mb)
  • DevialetAIR-3.0-release-candidate.dmg (11.6Mb)
Should be able to email a file this size

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Xander - 15-Dec-2016

great, will bp you my email!

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Celts88 - 15-Dec-2016

(15-Dec-2016, 17:27)Xander Wrote: great, will bp you my email!

Emailed DevialetAIR-3.0-public-beta