Devialet Chat
Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS (/Thread-Air-3-0-2-Release-Candidate-for-Windows-and-MacOS)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Dr Tone - 10-Jan-2017

Sorry, windows. DSD is fine, converting DSD to PCM causes clicking.

I want to try 7.1.3 which doesn't have DSD support.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - baddog - 10-Jan-2017

Ah, ok, I will try that tonight and let you know the result.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - baddog - 10-Jan-2017

Ok just tried it on my Intel NUC running latest version of RoonServer. Intel NUC is running Windows 10 Pro, connected via ethernet as is the D440.

Running AIR3 (3.0.1. Public Test)

D440 is running 10.x firmware.

I switched to DSD to PCM conversion in Roon (after verifying it with DSD64). It works fine.

Attached is a screenshot.

(10-Jan-2017, 02:46)baddog Wrote: Ok just tried it on my Intel NUC running latest version of RoonServer. Intel NUC is running Windows 10 Pro, connected via ethernet as is the D440.

Running AIR3 (3.0.1. Public Test)

D440 is running 10.x firmware.

I switched to DSD to PCM conversion in Roon (after verifying it with DSD64). It works fine.

Attached is a screenshot.

I'm on 3.0.2RC.

RE: Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Chris Marshall - 10-Jan-2017

This may be a Roon Problem, I have the same problem with my Meridian Explorer on my main PC, Roon will only play DSD to my Explorer if I turn the volume control on, DSD to PCM isn't working properly although it used to. Volume at 100% makes it work fine.

I would be careful through, I'm not sure what setting volume at 100% in Roon would do to the Devialet volume using Air, it might control it in which case 100% would be a bit loud!

(10-Jan-2017, 09:26)Chris Marshall Wrote: This may be a Roon Problem, I have the same problem with my Meridian Explorer on my main PC, Roon will only play DSD to my Explorer if I turn the volume control on, DSD to PCM isn't working properly although it used to.  Volume at 100% makes it work fine.

I would be careful through, I'm not sure what setting volume at 100% in Roon would do to the Devialet volume using Air, it might control it in which case 100% would be a bit loud!

Roon converts and streams fine to the Devialet and Mcintosh USB DACs just Air 3.0.2RC was giving me issues.

Air 3.0.2 Release Candidate for Windows and MacOS - Chris Marshall - 10-Jan-2017

Strange one that then, have you any 176khz files to try without converting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(10-Jan-2017, 16:23)Chris Marshall Wrote: Strange one that then, have you any 176khz files to try without converting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In hind site yes I should have tried the couple Neil Young albums I have in 176.4.  But I wanted to get to 7.1.3 so I punted Air instead and I'm back on USB.