Devialet Chat
Switch-on/off click? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Support Desk (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Support-Desk)
+--- Thread: Switch-on/off click? (/Thread-Switch-on-off-click)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Soniclife - 17-Feb-2017

I get quiet clicks from the amps on some input changes, sounds like a relay to me, my non-pro models did it too, doesn't bother me at all.

When I had Fact 12s on loan from the dealer there was some odd quiet noises from the speakers with my 200, apparently that's normal with those speakers, which I don't understand.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 17-Feb-2017

Thanks for all the other data points, folks.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about mechanical relay clicks (which I also hear, although I don't find them at all disturbing) - what I'm trying to sort out is definitely amplifier output through the speakers.

Switch-on/off click? - Soniclife - 17-Feb-2017

Whilst fiddling with something else today my ear was very near the speaker during switch on, and there was a faint noise, but very quiet, sort of a soft plop sound. I'm not at all bothered it happens.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 27-Feb-2017

Well, I must admit this one has stumped me. I've tried all the following changes to the configuration:

- changing the default input back (from co-ax digital) to optical digital
- disabling the co-ax digital input
- disconnecting all the sources

but there's no change.

I did notice that the configurator had surreptitiously enabled DPM, which came as a surprise to me. I've now turned that off, but it didn't make any difference either.

Anyway, it's not something I'm going to lose any more sleep over; I dare say at some point it will just go away as it came. Ho hum.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Devialetuser - 04-Mar-2017

It could be a SAM profile issue.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 05-Mar-2017

(04-Mar-2017, 16:32)Devialetuser Wrote: It could be a SAM profile issue.

I don't have SAM enabled, so I suspect not.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - ada - 10-Oct-2018

@thumb5 Did you find out any solution for this issue? I am having the same problem from the very beginning and I feel it can be related with my house's electricity (or a low quality adapter around my power outlets)

And in addition to this issue, when I come closer to the speaker woofer, there is a static noise comes from the speakers if the volume is around -40db and it disappears around -30db when the DPM is off. If the DPM is on, I need to move it to -20db to get rid of that noise.

I consider to look for electricity solutions for my system but before going for a costly operation, I would like to know if you have any update here.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - thumb5 - 10-Oct-2018

Hello @ada -- thanks for asking, but sorry to say I didn't find a solution and eventually just decided to live with it.  To put it into context, in my system the "click" is much quieter than one often hears when turning a traditional amp on or off - it's just that in the old days my D400 used to be completely silent during on/off transitions.  I have a feeling that this might be a "feature" of the D440 Pro that I simply didn't notice initially.  It's still there, no better or worse, since the CI upgrade.  There's nothing like your "static" noise in my system, though.

RE: Switch-on/off click? - Axel - 11-Oct-2018

Just for the record, I get four clicks in total when switching on via Roon. Three fairly close together and then a fourth when the correct input is selected automatically . They sound like relays clicking to me.