Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 17:49)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Mar-2017, 17:47)petrik Wrote: I lately visited Devialet's store at Paris. The sales personnel over there were really nice and polite. It was fun listening some "lost recordings" there.

Of course I had to ask about the streamer board but the only answer I got from them was "Q4/2017"... Nothing about features. I wasn't too happy about that, but what can you do. Perhaps they can now positively surprise us and release it even before Q4? Rolleyes

Q4/2017?!  

Guillaume

Sorry, but that's what they said. But perhaps I just heard it wrong? Or perhaps there was some language barrier since I couldn't speak French with them?  Dodgy

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 17:49)GuillaumeB Wrote: Q4/2017?!  

Guillaume

So it's already been pushed as far as possible in Q terms and we're still in Q1. Anyone think they've actually started this project yet?

What's next, week 52, 2017?

Or maybe it's misinformation - under-promise and over-deliver? (something I'm a big fan of personally)

Or maybe the pennies dropped and they realise a Spark solution is going to go down like a lead balloon?

No, most likely they haven't started yet.

Amazing they said they got the pro line designed and built in what, a few months, but a streamerboard takes a year or so......

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 13-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 21:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Amazing they said they got the pro line designed and built in what, a few months, but a streamerboard takes a year or so......

Considering their last streaming solution still doesn't work for some after how many years, they are currently ahead of schedule on this one.   Undecided

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 13-Mar-2017

I might be wrong here, but I believe that Devialet have never promised anything other than the streamer board being available in 2017. No mention of Q2, Q3 or anything else. To be clear, I am referring to publicly available written communication. I am aware that the UK rep Antoine mentioned Q3 to another forum member recently, but he also stated that Kudos were running Devialet amplification at the Bristol show. As things turned out, Kudos were using Naim amps.

It is perhaps fair to say that there has not been much in the way of publicly available written communication from Devialet at all. If you don't write it, you can never be proved wrong?

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 13-Mar-2017

I was sure I'd read a Q2 mentioned somewhere around the time I was considering the upgrade, but I could easily be mistaken.....

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 14-Mar-2017

Here's what I have from Support last month:

Eva February 13, 2017 13:44

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Expert upgrade, your feedback is important to us and i will gladly share your thoughts with the Expert team.

I apologize if this is an inconvenience but we currently do not have specific date as to when the OS will be released. Devialet owners will be notified via newsletter.

Nonetheless, our engineers are working very hard in an effort to expedite the board and I'm a confident that it will probably occur after this first quarter of the year.

Please keep in touch with us to find out more.

Best,
Eva
Eva | Customer service & support Devialet

RE: Streamer board......? - Axel - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 00:33)Wdw Wrote: Here's what I have from Support last month:

Eva                                   February 13, 2017 13:44

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your feedback regarding  your Expert upgrade, your feedback is important to us and i will gladly share your thoughts with the Expert team.

I apologize if this is an inconvenience but we currently do not have specific date as to when the OS will be released. Devialet owners will be notified via newsletter.

Nonetheless, our engineers are working very hard in an effort to expedite the board and I'm a confident that it will probably occur after this first quarter of the year.

Best,
Eva

After the first quarter of the year could still mean December.  Undecided

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 02:44)Axel Wrote:
(14-Mar-2017, 00:33)Wdw Wrote: Here's what I have from Support last month:

Eva                                   February 13, 2017 13:44

Dear Warren,

Thank you for your feedback regarding  your Expert upgrade, your feedback is important to us and i will gladly share your thoughts with the Expert team.

Best,
Eva

After the first quarter of the year could still mean December.  Undecided

True.....silly me...

RE: Streamer board......? - Music or sound - 14-Mar-2017

The exact time frame of the streamer board is less important to me than the lack of information of the planned capabilities and functions of that board. I guess selling something (paid already through the recent upgrade) which has no specifications does not strike me as a honest business practice.
It also hinders everyone to make prudent investments in digital sources. It does not matter how good the amp section is if it data input is suboptimal. At least I have my SD transport for best resolution , my CD transport and simple Spotify on my MacBook to discover new music!

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 14-Mar-2017

If you sell your upgraded amps does the new owner get the streamerboard or is that option lost then? Does anybody know that?