Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 14-Mar-2017

(13-Mar-2017, 21:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Amazing they said they got the pro line designed and built in what, a few months, but a streamerboard takes a year or so......

Think about how long it has taken to fix the AIR. We are still waiting for a final release version of that... I wonder will that be released in 2017.

RE: Streamer board......? - Nightmare - 14-Mar-2017

No Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - bernardl - 14-Mar-2017

My 100% un-educated guess is the streamer board will enable us to plug a USB drive in the Devialet USB port and to control the replay via an ipad app.

At least this would be ideal for me. No more need for a Mac mini and the neverending concern with OS and replay app updates.

Of course other interfaces may be supported also.

Cheers,
Bernard

Streamer board......? - Krisp - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 11:45)bernardl Wrote: My 100% un-educated guess is the streamer board will enable us to plug a USB drive in the Devialet USB port and to control the replay via an ipad app.

That would be the best of all. I just moved my music collection onto an external SSD. That would end up in a single unit solution, just the Dev connected to the power line (& speakers).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 11:45)bernardl Wrote: My 100% un-educated guess is the streamer board will enable us to plug a USB drive in the Devialet USB port and to control the replay via an ipad app.

At least this would be ideal for me. No more need for a Mac mini and the neverending concern with OS and replay app updates.

Of course other interfaces may be supported also.

Cheers,
Bernard

Have you tried Devialet Spark? 

If Spark is what Devialet will use in this new OS for us to control playback either from say Tidal or a USB HDD I dont think I will bother even trying it.

I use Spark to control my playback on the Phantom but I have plans to get a small endpoint with toslink out and run that to my Dialog or perhaps straight in to my Phantom and control it with Roon.

What I mean with this is that Spark..... sucks

RE: Streamer board......? - Cylob - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 07:00)petrik Wrote:
(13-Mar-2017, 21:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Amazing they said they got the pro line designed and built in what, a few months, but a streamerboard takes a year or so......

Think about how long it has taken to fix the AIR. We are still waiting for a final release version of that... I wonder will that be released in 2017.

It's not fixed yet. Still in beta phase with some bugs.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 14-Mar-2017

And from my experience 'some bugs' being exactly the same crackling issues that plagued the previous version. Aka it seems like they've applied a bandaid rather than a fix, and it's still not reliable in all network environments (even common gigabit cabled ones).

I don't see it ever being fixed. Which I don't really care about anymore (other than they owe it to provide a working solution for their advertised feature) I just wish they'd provide a decent alternative. And I don't mean upnp. Smile

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 12:10)Krisp Wrote:

That would be the best of all. I just moved my music collection onto an external SSD. That would end up in a single unit solution, just the Dev connected to the power line (& speakers).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I'm genuinely surprised anyone would want that, but we all have different needs and setups.

RE: Streamer board......? - deviousalet - 14-Mar-2017

A Devialet strength is compact size and integration (one small box rather than a stack of boxes) so integrating storage would make some sense, but Devialet will probably assume that we all want to stream our music from the internet not play from a local drive. Also, Devialet needs to rely upon Roon or another service with interface expertise given the lack of that skill at Devialet.

RE: Streamer board......? - Cylob - 14-Mar-2017

(14-Mar-2017, 14:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: And from my experience 'some bugs' being exactly the same crackling issues that plagued the previous version. Aka it seems like they've applied a bandaid rather than a fix, and it's still not reliable in all network environments (even common gigabit cabled ones).

I don't see it ever being fixed. Which I don't really care about anymore (other than they owe it to provide a working solution for their advertised feature) I just wish they'd provide a decent alternative. And I don't mean upnp. Smile

Seems like that bandaid was just applied in order to shut up everyone so they could roll out the pro series without us nagging about support below every review. I just hope for everyone who forked down some serious cash that the software that comes with the streamer board won't have any issues as it might take a while for them to fix it.