Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 14:56)GuillaumeB Wrote: What Devialet have said in writing is UPnP and Bluetooth and integration with Phantom. I believe this is what they will deliver. Anything more will be a bonus but don't count on it.

Guillaume

If that's the case, then the whole streamer board would be totally useless for me. I really hope there would be some other features included.

Perhaps I should just buy an external streamer and forget the whole streamer board and AIR...

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 15-Mar-2017

I guess many of us are (not very sensibly) clinging onto the 'such as' part of their blurb. That, and them using common sense with what to add.

Quote:A free upgrade will soon open the path for many uses of dematerialised music such as UPnP/
DLNA.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:08)petrik Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 14:56)GuillaumeB Wrote: What Devialet have said in writing is UPnP and Bluetooth and integration with Phantom. I believe this is what they will deliver. Anything more will be a bonus but don't count on it.

Guillaume

If that's the case, then the whole streamer board would be totally useless for me. I really hope there would be some other features included.

Perhaps I should just buy an external streamer and forget the whole streamer board and AIR...

Well the new Devialet OS will mean that new features could be added relatively easily, but to start with I think Devialet will deliver on UPnP, Bluetooth and Phantom/Spark integration. 

The elephant in the room of course is Roon. I'm pretty sure if Devialet were talking to Roon we would know by now. In fact I think it's the case that they aren't. As we've seen with dCS and other companies, becoming Roon Ready takes a reasonable amount of time. I think Totaldac did it the quickest in something like 6 months.

With all this said, Devialet have also hinted at something fairly substantial. The conjecture continues...  Big Grin

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Well the new Devialet OS will mean that new features could be added relatively easily, but to start with I think Devialet will deliver on UPnP, Bluetooth and Phantom/Spark integration. 

The elephant in the room of course is Roon. I'm pretty sure if Devialet were talking to Roon we would know by now. In fact I think it's the case that they aren't. As we've seen with dCS and other companies, becoming Roon Ready takes a reasonable amount of time. I think Totaldac did it the quickest in something like 6 months.

With all this said, Devialet have also hinted at something fairly substantial. The conjecture continues...  Big Grin

Guillaume

After sending many emails to Devialet support, and asking for Roon integration, they finally admitted that they at least liked Roon Big Grin But of course they didn't promise anything, as usual.

"We heard your feedbacks on Roon, we love roon ourselves !"

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: Well the new Devialet OS will mean that new features could be added relatively easily, but to start with I think Devialet will deliver on UPnP, Bluetooth and Phantom/Spark integration. 

Guillaume

Roon staff indicated in the past they were in contact with Devialet and even added Devialet to their hardware forums.  Apparently communication just ended when Devialet quit responding.  Sound familiar?

Maybe something has changes since, Roon personnel would be silent until things were ready to be released.  I highly doubt this is the case.

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume

Guillaume,

If they have any sense of customer service (and perhaps that's a stretch after reading the comment posted on this thread), one should expect that Devialet would tend to listen to comments and questions posed by you.  Any way to let them know the natives are getting restless and looking for something more substantial than rumour?  

Best
Warren

RE: Streamer board......? - Antoine - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:35)Dr Tone Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 15:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: Well the new Devialet OS will mean that new features could be added relatively easily, but to start with I think Devialet will deliver on UPnP, Bluetooth and Phantom/Spark integration. 

Guillaume

Roon staff indicated in the past they were in contact with Devialet and even added Devialet to their hardware forums.  Apparently communication just ended when Devialet quit responding.  Sound familiar?

Maybe something has changes since, Roon personnel would be silent until things were ready to be released.  I highly doubt this is the case.

They met two years ago and Devialet made them sign a NDA. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-tidal/717/6

But like you said Devialet, at least to up to a year ago, did not do anything/was not willing to be moved into motion: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-tidal/717/86

Probably still aren't...and I don't care! Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 15-Mar-2017

(15-Mar-2017, 15:43)Antoine Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 15:35)Dr Tone Wrote:

Guillaume

They met two years ago and Devialet made them sign a NDA. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-tidal/717/6

But like you said Devialet, at least to up to a year ago, did not do anything/was not willing to be moved into motion: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-tidal/717/86

Probably still aren't...and I don't care! Big Grin

The sad part is Danny actually has a D200.  I've seen his frustration with the USB driver implementation in a few threads.

RE: Streamer board......? - Woodman - 15-Mar-2017

Having just had to send my pro back to France, I have had it back with damaged packaging and its clearly been dropped and is not functioning properly. They really have to sort out their courier service. Mine is going back, but If I knew what I know now I wouldn't bother to get the upgrade.

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 16-Mar-2017

A couple tweets directed to the Devialet CEO, maybe some of you Twitter users might want to reply to, like and or retweet.

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/status/842195126956912640

https://twitter.com/OriginalDrTone/status/842196105102204929