Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 17-Mar-2017

(17-Mar-2017, 21:03)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Mar-2017, 20:12)Dr Tone Wrote: I have to think the Twitter rants worked unless it's a very crazy coincidence Air and a sneak peak of a prototype board appears 1 day later.

If it is this easy to get them going please Twitter about them every day  Big Grin

Seconded. Big Grin

Not giving much away about about the board though is it - that could literally be a picture of half of any old circuit board!

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 17-Mar-2017

(17-Mar-2017, 21:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Mar-2017, 21:03)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Mar-2017, 20:12)Dr Tone Wrote: I have to think the Twitter rants worked unless it's a very crazy coincidence Air and a sneak peak of a prototype board appears 1 day later.

If it is this easy to get them going please Twitter about them every day  Big Grin

Seconded.  Big Grin

Not giving much away about about the board though is it - that could literally be a picture of half of any old circuit board!

Tough crowd.....   Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 18-Mar-2017

(17-Mar-2017, 21:26)Wdw Wrote:
(17-Mar-2017, 21:12)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(17-Mar-2017, 21:03)octaviars Wrote: If it is this easy to get them going please Twitter about them every day  Big Grin

Seconded.  Big Grin

Tough crowd.....   Big Grin

Hey,

It's a start!  I would welcome a site where various Devialet personnel would easily log on and offer a comment or two but, and as Pee Wee Herman said "we all have a big butt",  there are a some angry and cynical posters on this site.  
I wonder if the expected shit storm resulting keeps them away.

wdw

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 18-Mar-2017

Well, if they'd participated a while back when the mood started going sour, they could probably have avoided most of the negative feeling in the first place.

Even if they turned up now, they'd probably get a bit if heat and then things would turn constructive again. Like everything it really depends on how they act. If they have any employees that are a bit more like Rob Watts, and also found a way to communicate honestly without all the BS, they'd probably have a great time here and DC would be an even more useful resource for owners.

But I don't think it's negative posters here holding them back. They barely communicate on their own site. Or to their dealers.

A photoshopped, symmetrical picture of a circuit board seems more like marketing spin again, rather than 'communication'. It's a hint with no useful information. I just don't think they get it. Had it been an engineers iPhone photo of a board, and a few little hints about what it's going to actually do, we might all start getting genuinely excited.

That's why they're up against a tough crowd IMO.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 18-Mar-2017

Some progress it would seam. I must admit I did have a chuckle at Dr Tone and Hifi_swlon marvelling at the incredible speed Devialet can react to social media, although I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long. For me, I'm not so sure Devialet were that speedy, the point being that there has been the odd response on Twitter and Facebook for a few weeks now, usually related to the streamer board or communication. (Indeed, Dr Tone has been Twitter responding for months now, back from the #AIRisajoke days) What I think has changed in the last week is such responses appeared to be gaining some good momentum, so this may well have motivated Devialet to react. I guess we will never know. One question I have to those who have posted responses to Devialet Tweets or on Facebook, is did anyone get a personal message(s) from Devialet in response? I'm not asking anyone to post Devialet's private responses on here, that would be unfair as the term 'private' means something, I'm just curious as to if anyone did get a response. (I received some PM's from Devialet a week ago, following a response I made on a Devialet Tweet) Anyway, whatever the reasons are, this appears to have worked, so well done to anyone who made the effort to post something.

What we do know for sure is that we now have a picture of a quarter of a circuit board, posted in sufficiently low resolution such that you cannot discern the numbers on the chips, or anything else of interest. So the picture is a bit rubbish to be honest. For me, I think the big prize here is the 'Comments' section. My hope is that this comment section will prove to be informative. I think what is needed is that this slowly fills up with some good considered questions, then we can hope this will prompt Devialet to come up with some responses and maybe a bit of dialogue. In this regard, I think Warren (wdw) makes a very good point in the post above. I think there is a risk that the 'comments' section could descent into being a conduit for trolling Devialet, this would not sit well with Devialet and I am sure the page would then quietly disappear. However, if the comment section simply fills up with decent questions, then there is just a chance that that this new page might prove to be useful. In that regard, I see Gordy and Warren have started posting questions. So kudos to Gordy for being first in! Plus I think Gordy and Warren have pitched the tone of their queries about right, so a great start. Let's hope it stays positive and we get some input from Devialet.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 18-Mar-2017

An update......  The writing of my last post overlapped with Hifi_swlon's last post.  So I need to revise my statement 'I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long'.  In Hifi_swlon's case it is back already! Shy

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 09:21)Confused Wrote: An update......  The writing of my last post overlapped with Hifi_swlon's last post.  So I need to revise my statement 'I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long'.  In Hifi_swlon's case it is back already! Shy

Haha, well, no not entirely.... Shy

I just get defensive about the idea it's somehow angry users here that stop Devialet communicating with their customers. Angry I think their issues run a lot deeper than that.....

And I'm sitting here listening to AIR with high-res material for what is surely a record-breaking time for me! So there's some positivity. Wink

I guess I just don't like their style, and wish they'd change. Regardless of what we think of the products, in the hands of Rob Watts or the Uptone crew, this streamer snippet would have been a nice treat and opened up a cheeky dialogue (forgive the pun) about the board. Here it just seems, well, a bit pointless and faceless hype rather than actually for our benefit - a 'try and shut them up by showing we're working on it' type thing.

They just need to inject a bit of human personality back into their brand. The stuff that apparently used to happen (and I read about) before I bought mine. Maybe they just can't change. And I probably won't either, so I guess long term a divorce is on the cards...

But meanwhile AIR 3 is keeping me in counselling..... and more positive!

I didn't see a comments section when I looked. Will go back and have another peek.

RE: Streamer board......? - Antoine - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 09:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Well, if they'd participated a while back when the mood started going sour, they could probably have avoided most of the negative feeling in the first place.

Even if they turned up now, they'd probably get a bit if heat and then things would turn constructive again. Like everything it really depends on how they act. If they have any employees that are a bit more like Rob Watts, and also found a way to communicate honestly without all the BS, they'd probably have a great time here and DC would be an even more useful resource for owners.

But I don't think it's negative posters here holding them back. They barely communicate on their own site. Or to their dealers.

<cut>

+1

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 09:18)Confused Wrote: Some progress it would seam.  I must admit I did have a chuckle at Dr Tone and Hifi_swlon marvelling at the incredible speed Devialet can react to social media, although I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long.  For me, I'm not so sure Devialet were that speedy, the point being that there has been the odd response on Twitter and Facebook for a few weeks now, usually related to the streamer board or communication.  (Indeed, Dr Tone has been Twitter responding for months now, back from the #AIRisajoke days)  What I think has changed in the last week is such responses appeared to be gaining some good momentum, so this may well have motivated Devialet to react.  I guess we will never know. 

I haven't tweeted anything to @devialet since the petition days.  I follow @Devialet and they have never tweeted anything concrete about the streamer board.  You get the odd marketing tweet about the Pros but it's mostly about the Phantom that's it.

If you feel things have changed in anytime since the petition you might to have to change your user name from Confused to Delusional.   Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - Nightmare - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 14:22)Dr Tone Wrote: (...) they have never tweeted anything concrete about the streamer board.

Oh, they did. The ´diced´ price Big Grin