Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 14:22)Dr Tone Wrote: ....... you might to have to change your user name from Confused to Delusional.   Big Grin

That was funny!  Didn't someone recently call him "the confused one" as well!   Smile
I'm suspect you are likely correct about this but will be interesting to see if we get any replies and if they had intended that page to be a forum at all.
I received the emails showing the last two posting but yours doesn't show on the page...at least on my iPad.
Cheers, wdw

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 18-Mar-2017

Not sure if mine appeared, it said 'awaiting approval'. I'm probably on an offenders list.

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 15:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not sure if mine appeared, it said 'awaiting approval'. I'm probably on an offenders list.

My mistake, it was your post  Confused

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 15:55)Wdw Wrote:
(18-Mar-2017, 15:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Not sure if mine appeared, it said 'awaiting approval'. I'm probably on an offenders list.

My mistake, it was your post  Confused

Haha, I suppose on the upside at least someone at Devialet will read it for approval even if it never sees the light of day (not that I thought it was too bad or anything).

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 18-Mar-2017

I might be the only one higher on the offenders list, I'll just stay away from "fake" streaming card photo/blog entry.  Tongue

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 14:22)Dr Tone Wrote:
(18-Mar-2017, 09:18)Confused Wrote: Some progress it would seam.  I must admit I did have a chuckle at Dr Tone and Hifi_swlon marvelling at the incredible speed Devialet can react to social media, although I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long.  For me, I'm not so sure Devialet were that speedy, the point being that there has been the odd response on Twitter and Facebook for a few weeks now, usually related to the streamer board or communication.  (Indeed, Dr Tone has been Twitter responding for months now, back from the #AIRisajoke days)  What I think has changed in the last week is such responses appeared to be gaining some good momentum, so this may well have motivated Devialet to react.  I guess we will never know. 

I haven't tweeted anything to @devialet since the petition days.  I follow @Devialet and they have never tweeted anything concrete about the streamer board.  You get the odd marketing tweet about the Pros but it's mostly about the Phantom that's it.

If you feel things have changed in anytime since the petition you might to have to change your user name from Confused to Delusional.   Big Grin

Indeed, apart from a single Tweet a couple of days back, there have been no @devialet Tweets from yourself since the petition days.  My apologies for being a little misleading with the wording in my post. Sad 

Anyway, normal service resumed!  It's good to have the fully cynical Dr Tone back.  As for my feelings, no, I do not think much has changed.  I do try to be optimistic, but when rationalising things I tend towards the cynical and pessimistic end of the scale.  For the record, I reckon that any input from Devialet on the new streamer page will be in the style of nominally appearing to answer queries, but will in fact be lacking in any details or hard information.  So normal Devialet service.  My optimistic side still hopes we will get some decent input and information from Devialet, but realistically, I very much doubt it.  Time will tell.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 15:28)Wdw Wrote:
(18-Mar-2017, 14:22)Dr Tone Wrote: ....... you might to have to change your user name from Confused to Delusional.   Big Grin

That was funny!  Didn't someone recently call him "the confused one" as well!   Smile
I'm suspect you are likely correct about this but will be interesting to see if we get any replies and if they had intended that page to be a forum at all.
I received the emails showing the last two posting but yours doesn't show on the page...at least on my iPad.
Cheers, wdw
Yes, that was IanG-UK, AKA the 'The General'.  He is very rude to me sometimes Angry , but he is The General, so he can call me anything he wants. Huh

RE: Streamer board......? - Dr Tone - 18-Mar-2017

(18-Mar-2017, 16:22)Confused Wrote:
(18-Mar-2017, 14:22)Dr Tone Wrote:
(18-Mar-2017, 09:18)Confused Wrote: Some progress it would seam.  I must admit I did have a chuckle at Dr Tone and Hifi_swlon marvelling at the incredible speed Devialet can react to social media, although I am sure their normal cynicism will return before too long.  For me, I'm not so sure Devialet were that speedy, the point being that there has been the odd response on Twitter and Facebook for a few weeks now, usually related to the streamer board or communication.  (Indeed, Dr Tone has been Twitter responding for months now, back from the #AIRisajoke days)  What I think has changed in the last week is such responses appeared to be gaining some good momentum, so this may well have motivated Devialet to react.  I guess we will never know. 

I haven't tweeted anything to @devialet since the petition days.  I follow @Devialet and they have never tweeted anything concrete about the streamer board.  You get the odd marketing tweet about the Pros but it's mostly about the Phantom that's it.

If you feel things have changed in anytime since the petition you might to have to change your user name from Confused to Delusional.   Big Grin

Indeed, apart from a single Tweet a couple of days back, there have been no @devialet Tweets from yourself since the petition days.  My apologies for being a little misleading with the wording in my post. Sad 

Anyway, normal service resumed!  It's good to have the fully cynical Dr Tone back.  As for my feelings, no, I do not think much has changed.  I do try to be optimistic, but when rationalising things I tend towards the cynical and pessimistic end of the scale.  For the record, I reckon that any input from Devialet on the new streamer page will be in the style of nominally appearing to answer queries, but will in fact be lacking in any details or hard information.  So normal Devialet service.  My optimistic side still hopes we will get some decent input and information from Devialet, but realistically, I very much doubt it.  Time will tell.

I'm not going to lie, I have some pipe dreams for the streaming board myself and I don't know if it's feasible with the rest of the amp but I want 384kHZ PCM and DSD128.  Since finding HQPlayer I only want to go higher.

If they do it, I'll personally apologize to the CEO for doubting Devialet via Twitter. Smile   I hope you get the opportunity to hold me to it.

RE: Streamer board......? - tyefighter - 18-Mar-2017

Thank you for the kudos Confused, I was hoping to keep my question simple and polite even though I have a fair bit of frustration built up surrounding the streamer board. It has to be said this frustration is self inflicted, fueled by an optimism that the streamer board and new OS will bring us something that we'll actually want. The primary reason I upgraded was the fear of missing out, so if this board turns out to be inconsequential I'll feel a bit of an idiot.

I have posted the odd question via twitter/facebook regarding the streamer board but never received any response from Devialet

@Hifi_swlon my post on the streamer board page went instantly 'live' which is unusual for pages like these. My guess is Devialet woke up this morning to a couple of posts and realised they had overlooked the moderation process. I did get notification of your post however and thought it was very well worded asking some great questions, so I hope it will get approved soon.

I guess if nothing else Devialet are aware of our posts ...unless of course Hifi_swlon really is on a banned list Tongue

RE: Streamer board......? - Cylob - 18-Mar-2017

Same happened to me before...
I'm on the white list again though it seems: my last Love is in the air post was posted right away.
I was close to calling them wankers there earlier this week. I counted to ten and deleted that post.
Great timing it seems. Big Grin
I still wanna call 'em wankers though for not fixing my default playback device bug and several other easy fixable bugs.
I'll start counting again...