Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Rama - 01-Apr-2017

The best thing for me was that they even offered an upgrade to the customers in first place. Very few companies offer to upgrade products that might be a couple of years old. Can you imagine Apple upgrading your 2014 Macbook to a 2017 model, ofcourse not they want to sell you a new model and on top make it more expensive. Such is the game in the tech world. But here Devialet took care of its loyal customers and even provide an all new 5 year warranty plus free hardware in future. Streamer board something to look forward to at the end of this year, more time to build my music library.

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 01-Apr-2017

(30-Mar-2017, 07:30)marcor Wrote:
(30-Mar-2017, 06:16)octaviars Wrote: I wonder what will happen to AIR3 with this new streamerboard, will it live on or just pass on to the shadows of the dead......

Probably a lot of people will skip the board update and will keep going with the current AIR 3.0.# (whichever .# works for you) that allows streaming with Roon. If you are on mac you will miss DSD streaming but at least the PCM seems to work reliably. I am on 3.0.2 and has been working fine since I installed it. I am not even bothering to move to .4
If in the future I will feel I really miss DSD I will look to some other solution. But I agree with Axel I would be happy to get the money of the board back....

Well that is fine if only AIR did work to a 100%. I use Roon/HQPlayer/AIR and that works ok most of the time but I still get the bluescreen and restart of the computer and the crashlog sasy it is AIR that have caused it.

As I see it many that are really happy with the Devialets are not using AIR and use other streaming solutions that is fine but I bougt my first D200 as a single box that could do it all with just a computer. Well that did not work out very well with the AIR 2.x.x versions atleast not to me....so I have run different sorts of streaming solutions up to AIR 3.0.1 came out and I gave that a try and it worked ok so I sold my other streaming solution but now it is not as solid as I thought it would be Confused  and the latest 3.0.4 is worse in that regard to 3.0.2 in my system that is....

Ok then the Pro upgrade comes along, I did upgrade my 400 to a 440 and yes it is better but I am happy that I payed the lower price for the upgrade as upgrading my speakers made a lot bigger improvment in sound (I did upgrade speakers before I upgraded to 440 Pro so I have run bot 400 and 440 on my Sopra 2).

I still like my D440Pro and the sound is good but I dont like how Devialet handles things and perhaps the route they are on with their other products as I see it Expert models are just a little tiny bit in their plan to take over the world with products in cars, tv and so on. Perhaps they will still evolve the Expert range but if we look back at the amount of firmwares that they put out when I bougth my first 200. Right now I dont think they do much about the Experts more than completing the streamerboard and perhaps some sort of firmware to control it (this just might be a remade Spark app to controll the Experts aswell).

Perhaps we can agree that the Experts are a nice piece of equipment that brings really good sound to most of us so the streamerboard must deliver high quality sound otherwise it just seems like they built it just for the cause of delivering something. If Devialet as they say is all about the quality of sound and the Expert range is their main thing then the streamerboard must perform like this, why even bother doing it in the first place if we only get compability with Phantoms/Dialog/Spark/upnp and so on, I dont see this as options to geting the best out of my system and I dont think this is the main priority for Experts owners to do either but perhaps they will surprise us who knows?

I just think that we must respect that we have different ways of seeing this, some are happy and some are not so happy about this. Some have been on the ride from the begining and have perhaps seen more of the problems and some just came along on the ride and are doing fine with the way things are working out right now.

Streamer board......? - jbp - 01-Apr-2017

I must say I am very happy with Devialet because:
-- they offered an upgrade at a fair cost IMHO, including 5 more years of warranty
-- it sounds great without competition at its price point
-- not too many cables and boxes around

I can understand the frustration around Air. I bought a dedicated fanless computer with windows 10 pro connected through Ethernet to Devialet and connected to the home network with wifi. Everything with fixed IP. For me it worked since day 1 together with jriver/jremote. Cost was around 300 euros.

I don't have many expectations regarding the streamer board. But it was clear from the beginning that the features were unknown and the release date was not firm, so there is not much to complain.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 02-Apr-2017

I see a couple of interesting comments have appeared on the Devialet 'OS board page over the weekend:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001996589-The-first-Devialet-OS-card-prototype-has-just-landed-in-our-engineers-hands

Including one from our very own hifi_swlon, so rumours that he has been banned by Devialet would appear to be utterly unfounded. Shy  Perhaps love is indeed in the air. Huh

I think all the comments that have been posted on the page so far are good. I did have a bit of a double take at the one from 'D Payne' though, whilst it was an excellent comment and one which I agree with 100%, I am surprised that Devialet let it through!

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 02-Apr-2017

(My original post is still stuck 'pending approval' so I just made a new one which seemed to go through. No idea why...)

RE: Streamer board......? - G51 - 06-Apr-2017

Maybe off topic - except the upcoming streamer board with unclear function and almost zero information and which we have to wait another three to four months at least, I think many users have lost interest on the Devialet. There is no firmware update for a long time. The official website is always "more to come soon" which meant nothing to us. Official AIR release is good but it is a bug fix only.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 06-Apr-2017

(06-Apr-2017, 15:55)G51 Wrote: Maybe off topic - except the upcoming streamer board with unclear function and almost zero information and  which we have to wait another three to four months at least, I think many users have lost interest on the Devialet. There is no firmware update for a long time. The official website is always "more to come soon" which meant nothing to us. Official AIR release is good but it is a bug fix only.

Makes you kinda wonder if Devialet even have a marketing department at the moment. Definitely a big chill in comms at the moment. Undecided 

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 06-Apr-2017

(02-Apr-2017, 12:00)Confused Wrote: I see a couple of interesting comments have appeared on the Devialet 'OS board page over the weekend:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001996589-The-first-Devialet-OS-card-prototype-has-just-landed-in-our-engineers-hands

Including one from our very own hifi_swlon, so rumours that he has been banned by Devialet would appear to be utterly unfounded. Shy   Perhaps love is indeed in the air. Huh

I think all the comments that have been posted on the page so far are good.  I did have a bit of a double take at the one from 'D Payne' though, whilst it was an excellent comment and one which I agree with 100%, I am surprised that Devialet let it through!

Thought that Markus Hübner's direct request to @Olivier to be interesting.  Just really don't understand their posture on this.  They are killing brand loyalty when a few simple updates would suffice.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 07-Apr-2017

Who are Markus and Olivier? What have I missed?

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 07-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 00:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Who are Markus and Olivier? What have I missed?

His post, M.H's., is on the web page followed by D. Payne's question addressed to him.  Assume M.H. is addressing Olivier P. = Marketing Devialet and the one responsible for posting the image of the board on the web site.
From the tone of M. Hubner's post, sounds like they may be colleagues and made this simple request that Mr. P post some further info. ....all conjecture on my part. Would be nice to get some more info from Devialet...baffled why it is so difficult.