Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - IanG-UK - 07-Apr-2017

This is what Monsieur Sannie actually meant to say when he invented his "Love Is In The Air" message:

"1. Expert is a no longer a focus - we just use it is a test vehicle and let the punters weed out the errors

2. (Expert) is definitely not our future - it will never make big money so we are turning to other things

3. We will create an online page where you will hope to find all the latest about our work on Expert - but you won't find anything; later will will do the same with a page promising to cover the streamer board

4. We will make sure our teams get no better at communicating on a regular basis, in fact they will get worse"

With love from Quentin

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 07-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 16:27)IanG-UK Wrote: This is what Monsieur Sannie actually meant to say when he invented his "Love Is In The Air" message:

"1. Expert is a no longer a focus - we just use it is a test vehicle and let the punters weed out the errors

2. (Expert) is definitely not our future - it will never make big money so we are turning to other things

3. We will create an online page where you will hope to find all the latest about our work on Expert - but you won't find anything; later will will do the same with a page promising to cover the streamer board

4. We will make sure our teams get no better at communicating on a regular basis, in fact they will get worse"

With  love from Quentin

Good to see you back General! Shy Shy

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 07-Apr-2017

I who owns both Expert amps and Phantom/Dialog sees this from two angles. I like the way how my 440 sounds no problem with that , I can wait for the streamerboard no problem with that BUT I own a Phantom that is controlled with Spark and Dialog and Devialets constant failiure to fix bugs int this controll platform is rather bad. Some problems have been there fore months perhaps over a year and no fix for it. Dropouts in the sound when you use the optical input on the Dialog, Spark app lives it`s on life and quits playing when it wants to sometimes, erases the playlist and well compared to Roon it is just really bad.....

This is the big problem for me with Devialet and the streamerboard if they cant get the existing products to function I have very little faith in this streamerboard perhaps I sound negative but living with Devialet non Expert products is not so easy.

RE: Streamer board......? - mdconnelly - 07-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 13:29)brit Wrote: I think that it is a little too soon to expect firmware updates to the Pro range as they have only just been released - over the past 4 months or so, that is. The lack of communication is another matter entirely Angry.

Well, it's actually now over 6 months since the Pros were released.  Stranger still is that the Pros were released with firmware 10.0.7 although the latest on their website is only 10.0.5.    Perhaps 10.0.5 is the last firmware that will work on both the old Experts and the new Pros.    

What is strange is that if Devialet doesn't care about the Expert line or it's customers, why in the world did they go to all the trouble to release the Pros, provide an upgrade path, and now have two Expert platforms to support?   Their total lack of communication on all aspects of the Expert Pro makes no business sense and is only generating customer disgruntlement in very public venues such as here and on their site.  A little communication on their site - the very venue they created to do so - would go a long way.

RE: Streamer board......? - thumb5 - 07-Apr-2017

To quote P G Wodehouse, "if not actually disgruntled, [I am] far from being gruntled".

(Thanks, mdconnelly, for giving me that opportunity!)

RE: Streamer board......? - mdconnelly - 07-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 18:58)thumb5 Wrote: To quote P G Wodehouse, "if not actually disgruntled, [I am] far from being gruntled".

(Thanks, mdconnelly, for giving me that opportunity!)

Love it!    It's important that we keep perspective.   These are very 1st world issues effecting only those of us that have awesome audio systems that we get to listen to every single day.   For that I am quite gruntled ;-)

Devialet will do what it will do and we will eventually learn what they're up to.

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 07-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 17:41)octaviars Wrote: I who owns both Expert amps and Phantom/Dialog sees this from two angles. I like the way how my 440 sounds no problem with that , I can wait for the streamerboard no problem with that BUT I own a Phantom that is controlled with Spark and Dialog and Devialets constant failiure to fix bugs int this controll platform is rather bad. Some problems have been there fore months perhaps over a year and no fix for it. Dropouts in the sound when you use the optical input on the Dialog, Spark app lives it`s on life and quits playing when it wants to sometimes, erases the playlist and well compared to Roon it is just really bad.....

This is the big problem for me with Devialet and the streamerboard if they cant get the existing products to function I have very little faith in this streamerboard perhaps I sound negative but living with Devialet non Expert products is not so easy.

This is worrisome if the Phantom line and its associated software is, as you write, plagued with design faults and unresolved issues.  Not being familiar with the product, I had niavely assumed all was well.   Does this tell us the company is fighting battles on both fronts, the Expert and Phantom lines?

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 08-Apr-2017

(07-Apr-2017, 22:40)Wdw Wrote:
(07-Apr-2017, 17:41)octaviars Wrote: I who owns both Expert amps and Phantom/Dialog sees this from two angles. I like the way how my 440 sounds no problem with that , I can wait for the streamerboard no problem with that BUT I own a Phantom that is controlled with Spark and Dialog and Devialets constant failiure to fix bugs int this controll platform is rather bad. Some problems have been there fore months perhaps over a year and no fix for it. Dropouts in the sound when you use the optical input on the Dialog, Spark app lives it`s on life and quits playing when it wants to sometimes, erases the playlist and well compared to Roon it is just really bad.....

This is worrisome if the Phantom line and its associated software is, as you write, plagued with design faults and unresolved issues.  Not being familiar with the product, I had niavely assumed all was well.   Does this tell us the company is fighting battles on both fronts, the Expert and Phantom lines?

There have been lots of different problems with the software in Dialog and Spark some have been fixed but some have been there for months so I see all this in a bigger picture. If the software development cant fix these problems in Dialog/Spark what makes them capable of building a streaming solution to implement in the Expert series without all these problems. Perhaps they can do it but if Devialet builds the streaming solution to the Experts on the same platform as Dialog /Spark I see no meaning to even bother with trying to use it and will continue to use AIR and Roon. I may seem a bit pesimistic but my experience with Devialet software to controll their products is not good.....

If Devialet as they say have Expert series as their main focus and the streamerboard is supposed to be someting special why wont they show that in Munich? Almost every other brand have Munich as one of the places to show their new products as Munich is perhaps the most imoprtant place today to show the products. Seems a bit strange to me or perhaps Devialets focus is elswere and not in the highend market Dodgy

RE: Streamer board......? - K4680 - 08-Apr-2017

Hello people, the wishes and functionality what the streamer board can or should be are all nice but probably evaporate! My Klimax you will not be able to reach the water anyway. I did not upgrade because of the streamer board. If the board should come sometime, I will nail it to the wall or sell. Honestly, it would not come into my mind 1500 € for any equipment to invest of which I know no data etc.! But Devialet has taught me a better, it seems to work. Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - baconbrain - 09-Apr-2017

(08-Apr-2017, 07:13)octaviars Wrote: There have been lots of different problems with the software in Dialog and Spark some have been fixed but some have been there for months so I see all this in a bigger picture. If the software development cant fix these problems in Dialog/Spark what makes them capable of building a streaming solution to implement in the Expert series without all these problems. Perhaps they can do it but if Devialet builds the streaming solution to the Experts on the same platform as Dialog /Spark I see no meaning to even bother with trying to use it and will continue to use AIR and Roon. I may seem a bit pesimistic but my experience with Devialet software to controll their products is not good.....

If Devialet as they say have Expert series as their main focus and the streamerboard is supposed to be someting special why wont they show that in Munich? Almost every other brand have Munich as one of the places to show their new products as Munich is perhaps the most imoprtant place today to show the products. Seems a bit strange to me or perhaps Devialets focus is elswere and not in the highend market Dodgy

Also surprised that Devialet is not bringing at least a beta of the streaming board to Munich, and from the sound of things, they may even be a complete no show. Confused

When it comes to software, Devialet is certainly not the best, but on the other hand, I find it difficult to name a product which has always worked without a glitch. Even my beloved Roon is now suffering from random disconnects after the 1.13 update ...