Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 11-Apr-2017

The following has just appeared on Devialet's OS Streamer Board page:

"2017, April 11th Update
  • The Devialet OS Board will be internal and will replace both Duet and Wifi boards
  • New powerful dual-band 2.4/5GHz wifi and Gigabit Ethernet modules
  • The OS board will feature a Linux-based operating system tailored for audio applications and streaming 
  • There will be no music storage on Devialet OS board 
  • The Devialet OS board will be offered and installed for free to all Expert Pro and Original d'Atelier owners"
Not really that much more but probably a sop to those who have commented on the lack of info from Devialet.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 11-Apr-2017

(11-Apr-2017, 12:02)brit Wrote: The following has just appeared on Devialet's OS Streamer Board page:

"2017, April 11th Update
  • The Devialet OS Board will be internal and will replace both Duet and Wifi boards
  • The OS board will feature a Linux-based operating system tailored for audio applications and streaming 
  • The Devialet OS board will be offered and installed for free to all Expert Pro and Original d'Atelier owners"
Not really that much more but probably a sop to those who have commented on the lack of info from Devialet.

Basically doesn't say anything at all... Dodgy

Guillaume

(11-Apr-2017, 12:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(11-Apr-2017, 12:02)brit Wrote: The following has just appeared on Devialet's OS Streamer Board page:

"2017, April 11th Update

Basically doesn't say anything at all... Dodgy

Guillaume

Yep, that's about it  Blush

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 11-Apr-2017

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!  I mean, it is almost like they are deliberately trying to be annoying.

Although I am very pleased that they have confirmed that the OS board will be "tailored for audio applications and streaming", I was a little worried that it might be tailored for something else.

RE: Streamer board......? - thumb5 - 11-Apr-2017

If it gives a decent, reliable wi-fi connection without having to have the D sitting right on top of an access point that would be a useful step forward in itself. Provided it doesn't then cause other problems, of course... Not sure whether that constitutes €1500-worth, though.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 11-Apr-2017

Quote:The Devialet OS board will be offered and installed for free to all Expert Pro and Original d'Atelier owners"

Phew!  Big Grin

Quote:The OS board will feature a Linux-based operating system tailored for audio applications and streaming

Which audio applications? Which streaming services? I think for many on here the detail is actually quite important. 

I think the situation is fast approaching the farcical.  Confused

Guillaume

(11-Apr-2017, 12:47)GuillaumeB Wrote:
Quote:The Devialet OS board will be offered and installed for free to all Expert Pro and Original d'Atelier owners"

Phew!  Big Grin

Quote:The OS board will feature a Linux-based operating system tailored for audio applications and streaming

Which audio applications? Which streaming services? I think for many on here the detail is actually quite important. 

I think the situation is fast approaching the farcical.  Confused

Guillaume

I can feel it in my waters that it will be solely tailored to extending the use of Spark to the Expert line, and offering Tidal and Qobuz, but NOT ROON compatibility. I hope that I am wrong, but I fear not Sad.

RE: Streamer board......? - yabaVR - 11-Apr-2017

(09-Apr-2017, 18:41)baconbrain Wrote: Also surprised that Devialet is not bringing at least a beta of the streaming board to Munich, and from the sound of things, they may even be a complete no show.  Confused

I think they will show in Munich the same as last year...only by the German Distributor 'Audio Components'. 2016 they played L’Original d’Atelier with a Wilson Sasha. What was odd though that I don't remember to have seen any Phantoms on the fair though that's their leading product for world domination Rolleyes

If I were Devialet I wouldn't present a Beta Streamerboard in Munich. I see them like to 'keep' an image of clean and perfect Confused that they still have in the world of 'Non Devialet Owners' and a Beta doesn't fit in that...also they don't have the balls to stand the questions of their customers.

gui

RE: Streamer board......? - Waiski - 11-Apr-2017

Linux is positive.

RE: Streamer board......? - uroshsi - 11-Apr-2017

"2017, April 11th Update

These are exact specifications of Cubietruck Plus SBC, which sell for 99 USD.

https://www.board-db.org/product/123/

Kind regards
Uros