Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

Streamer board......? - Soniclife - 11-Apr-2017

Remind me what the duet board does?

Had they confirmed gigabit before?

Have they removed the upgrade before date restriction officially now?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 11-Apr-2017

What I am interested in knowing is what the streamer board will offer over an above the Phantom's Dialog. From what I've seen so far, not much. In the UK a Dialog is £249. So I would have to assume that the new OS board is significantly higher quality? Or maybe it's all the new features yet to be announced, such as Room correction, Roon & HQPlayer compatibility, and so on. After all, it is five times the price and does not need a case.

RE: Streamer board......? - Soniclife - 11-Apr-2017

(11-Apr-2017, 18:11)Confused Wrote: What I am interested in knowing is what the streamer board will offer over an above the Phantom's Dialog. From what I've seen so far, not much. In the UK a Dialog is £249. I have to assume that the new OS board is significantly higher quality? After all, it is five times the price and does not need a case.

I've been wondering the same, there is no power supply either. I'm 100% convinced it will look no more valuable than a raspberry Pi once delivered.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 11-Apr-2017

If we only get Spark support it is just stupid....and that it is worth €1500 is even more stupid. €1500 is like puting a Auralic Aries in the Expert amp and right now I have a hard time seeing that if we only get Spark support and DLNA.
With the latest Roon 1.3 build 216 and all the possibilitys in Roon to up-sample and do all sorts of things like eq at least Devialet could perhaps listen to us customers and bring us what we want......but all the times I have asked Devialet about Roon they have told me no they wont work with Roon and Roon also wrote that Devialet have not wanted to work with them.

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 11-Apr-2017

(11-Apr-2017, 16:31)Waiski Wrote: Linux is positive.

Is the Dialog Linux based? In other words, are we looking at a Spark clone or is it definitely something new?

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 11-Apr-2017

Just looked at the picture; is that a battery in the bottom left corner?

RE: Streamer board......? - mdconnelly - 11-Apr-2017

The need for improved wifi and gigabit ethernet will be highly welcome.   And the need for a better OS & processor to run it for ongoing firmware improvements makes total sense as well.  

What makes no sense is the total mystery surrounding this.  In the lack of any concrete information, we're all just surmising.   I have to think that this new OS is critical to their long-term plans for future firmware improvements and updates.   But what they may be certainly seems to be a well kept secret.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 11-Apr-2017

You try and be patient with them, but they make it absolutely impossible.

They finally appear after a wall of silence, and essentially say "we're making an audio streamerboard that fits inside". Oh wow, total enlightenement, thats soooo useful thanks for sharing.

The reality is most likely they don't know more because they haven't got anything working yet, and/or they don't want to say publicly what its planned to do, because they know it's not what anyone wants and there will be a backlash.

I had allowed myself to dream that they might buy in a card that had Roon and be done with it. But that's been dashed now - it's proprietary, and it's April and it's only just appeared in prototype with no info about what it will support. To me that screams months or years from now of pain and delays just to get it working with firmware and the new OS let alone worry about what it supports.

In fact, I'm not relishing the idea of even having it installed.

All we can hope is that they bought in a new team of hires to do it. Maybe some ex <insert brand with rock solid streaming solutions > employees. But this is doubtful.

RE: Streamer board......? - Axel - 12-Apr-2017

(11-Apr-2017, 20:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Just looked at the picture; is that a battery in the bottom left corner?

Yes, I think you're right. It certainly looks like a battery!

RE: Streamer board......? - Music or sound - 12-Apr-2017

(12-Apr-2017, 01:23)Axel Wrote:
(11-Apr-2017, 20:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Just looked at the picture; is that a battery in the bottom left corner?

Yes, I think you're right. It certainly looks like a battery!

maybe soon we can have a thread about your D-xxx. catching fire! Big Grin