Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 13-Apr-2017

(13-Apr-2017, 23:02)rwjr44 Wrote: So now we can sell our Nelcos, Aurenders, etc?

That's the plan... Confused

RE: Streamer board......? - Axel - 14-Apr-2017

Will it be possible to fit the Wi-Fi and Duet boards removed from the Master to make way for the new streamer board into the Companion and, with another remote control, effectively have two 220 Pros?

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Apr-2017

(14-Apr-2017, 02:41)Axel Wrote: Will it be possible to fit the Wi-Fi and Duet boards removed from the Master to make way for the new streamer board into the Companion and, with another remote control, effectively have two 220 Pros?

Oddly enough I was thinking exactly the same thing.  The answer to the above has to be yes.  So however good or bad the new OS board turns out to be, it does at least offer the option in the future of repurposing a dual mono as two stereo masters.  At least it's something! Shy

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 14-Apr-2017

(14-Apr-2017, 06:22)Confused Wrote:
(14-Apr-2017, 02:41)Axel Wrote: Will it be possible to fit the Wi-Fi and Duet boards removed from the Master to make way for the new streamer board into the Companion and, with another remote control, effectively have two 220 Pros?

Oddly enough I was thinking exactly the same thing.  The answer to the above has to be yes.  So however good or bad the new OS board turns out to be, it does at least offer the option in the future of repurposing a dual mono as two stereo masters.  At least it's something! Shy

The firmware to set the new board could easily deny the use of the old one.

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 14-Apr-2017

(13-Apr-2017, 18:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Or Spark updates Sad

Today I wanted to listen to some Tidal playlist that I have on my Phantom......well loaded the playlist in Spark and started playing well sound is coming. Wanted to skip a song....presses skip nothing happens.....presses again....Spark skips ten songs and stops playing. Well starts it again and the same thing happens again. I get really sick of Spark and switches to my Google Chromecast and Bubble upnp app starts playback on the same playlist and all is fine.......wait no theres the fucking dropout on the optical input on the Dialog box.......this is the future of Devialet controlled streaming to an Expert amp.

I am looking at an Roon endpoint with toslink so I can ditch the Dialog and go toslink directly to the Phantom and use Roon to play the music in both system.

You who have not used Spark have no clue how bad Devialet are at software that is a GUI.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Apr-2017

(14-Apr-2017, 06:34)Wdw Wrote:
(14-Apr-2017, 06:22)Confused Wrote:

The firmware to set the new board could easily deny the use of the old one.

Agreed.  Although I can't see why Devialet would want to do this.  After all, I suspect many Pro users will never fit the new board.  This will depend on individual users, but why fit something you will never use?  Especially if it has the potential to add noise or any other similar negatives.  Although if Devialet did indeed do this via firmware, then you could still use your second 'master' with old firmware.

RE: Streamer board......? - yabaVR - 14-Apr-2017

Has anybody thought of chances  that  all could end up even worse if Devialet uses all the money and trys to conquer the Roon market (as they conquer the world) and build their own database streaming software. We would end up in Betas for decades  Angel Big Grin

gui

RE: Streamer board......? - mdconnelly - 14-Apr-2017

One of the strong selling points of the Experts and certainly a factor in my decision to buy a 200 initially was the concept of firmware that would be routinely updated to improve SQ and/or add functionality.    I strongly suspect that future firmware updates will be dependent on the new OS board and that would be the primary incentive to adding the new board for all Pros.   For that reason alone, it's hard to imagine Pro owners not choosing to do so.... unless, of course, there's a downside to it.

RE: Streamer board......? - yabaVR - 14-Apr-2017

(14-Apr-2017, 13:11)mdconnelly Wrote: One of the strong selling points of the Experts and certainly a factor in my decision to buy a 200 initially was the concept of firmware that would be routinely updated to improve SQ and/or add functionality.    I strongly suspect that future firmware updates will be dependent on the new OS board and that would be the primary incentive to adding the new board for all Pros.   For that reason alone, it's hard to imagine Pro owners not choosing to do so.... unless, of course, there's a downside to it.

...well, one downside will be that SQ with the new streamerboard will be less because it has to be, especially if the Wifi on the new board is more powerful (try the E×-Wifi-Board soundcheck) The new processor on the board will suck more power, has more pulse/sec. and produce tons of EMF induced into sound dependent parts. So it will be important to keep the 'old' Wifi and Duett-Boards in case you notice such a downside and SQ comes first for you.

gui

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 15-Apr-2017

According to several posters on the Devialet sites streamer board page, all the majority of people want from the board is the ability to stream Qobuz and playback from a NAS.

Whatever the your needs, requirements or desires for the streamer board, I would urge you to post them on the official site. Mine are obviously Roon-centric, but not entirely. Others will have different needs. In any event I think you should voice it.