Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Chris Marshall - 02-Jul-2017

I'm now starting to think Devialet want to delay any Roon integration until the streamer board which will be really annoying, given that Roon have a beta that works with AIR directly to the amplifier!

I'm going to get my speakers SAMed on Thursday so will ask but I'm not expecting an answer.

anyone know how to get on the Roon beta list?

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 02-Jul-2017

(02-Jul-2017, 20:08)brit Wrote: I notice that they Don't Love Us anymore Big Grin! It seems that they have dropped that ridiculous "strap Line".

David

Well, that's something at least.

Small steps.....

RE: Streamer board......? - Zappydev - 02-Jul-2017

(02-Jul-2017, 20:27)Chris Marshall Wrote: I'm now starting to think Devialet want to delay any Roon integration until the streamer board which will be really annoying, given that Roon have a beta that works with AIR directly to the amplifier!

I'm going to get my speakers SAMed on Thursday so will ask but I'm not expecting an answer.

That's a good point. Maybe Devialet want to see how many people pay to upgrade to the new board before Roon is allowed to offer a better solution for free ?  Huh

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 03-Jul-2017

(02-Jul-2017, 20:27)Chris Marshall Wrote: I'm now starting to think Devialet want to delay any Roon integration until the streamer board which will be really annoying, given that Roon have a beta that works with AIR directly to the amplifier!

My guess is that Roon guys have found out some problems in the AIR concept and now we are waiting for Devialet R&D to fix the issues... It might take a while Big Grin

Streamer board......? - Chris Marshall - 03-Jul-2017

Could be that, it was a beta after all. Does anyone know an anonymous beta tester who could at least give us some idea if we need to keep checking for a new Roon version daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 03-Jul-2017

(02-Jul-2017, 21:28)Zappydev Wrote:

That's a good point. Maybe Devialet want to see how many people pay to upgrade to the new board before Roon is allowed to offer a better solution for free ?  Huh
Sorry to ask but is the OS streaming board free to new Expert Pro purchasers, it it then an upgrade for purchase for non Expert Pro users? Just checking.

RE: Streamer board......? - maxijazz - 03-Jul-2017

Universal upgrade story:
https://www.stereophile.com/content/improvement-disease

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 03-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 13:01)dan46 Wrote:
(02-Jul-2017, 21:28)Zappydev Wrote:

Sorry to ask but is the OS streaming board free to new Expert Pro purchasers, it it then an upgrade for purchase for non Expert Pro users? Just checking.

If you bought the upgrade in 2016 the OS board is free, if you bought the upgrade in 2017 or a new Expert Pro I guess you have to pay for the OS upgrade if you want it.....If the OS board is included in new Expert Pro bought after October 2017 and if the prices stays the same I asume time will tell. 
The new OS board is only for Expert Pro old Expert models will not be able to get this board.

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 03-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 14:44)octaviars Wrote:
(03-Jul-2017, 13:01)dan46 Wrote:
(02-Jul-2017, 21:28)Zappydev Wrote: That's a good point. Maybe Devialet want to see how many people pay to upgrade to the new board before Roon is allowed to offer a better solution for free ?  Huh

If you bought the upgrade in 2016 the OS board is free, if you bought the upgrade in 2017 or a new Expert Pro I guess you have to pay for the OS upgrade if you want it.....If the OS board is included in new Expert Pro bought after October 2017 and if the prices stays the same I asume time will tell. 
The new OS board is only for Expert Pro old Expert models will not be able to get this board.
Thanks, just asking, it is for Devialet to clear up eventually so the following rules to the new OS streaming board apply as we understand them :

1. Upgraded in 2016 it is free
2. Upgraded in 2017 not sure might need to pay
3. Bought a new Expert Pro in 2017 not sure might need to pay
4. Buy new Expert Pro after Oct 2017 assume it is included
5. Buy in Oct 2017 or later an older stock 130 Expert Pro (maybe discounted due to board not being inside) not sure might need to pay

I'm getting new to Devialet but crumbs it seems a little unclear, I assumed all Expert Pro units bought would be entitled to the upgrade for free. Still if by some miracle it is quite cheap or perhaps staggered cost to upgrade depending on model and date purchased/registered?

If this is the case with number 5. no one is going to buy them until the new OS board is out, killing all existing stock, unless the new Expert Pro models are more expensive :-)

EDIT : See this on the PDF from the site : Among other major improvements, Expert Pro line will integrate the new Devialet OS in 2017. A free upgrade will soon open the path for many uses of dematerialized music such as UPnP/DLNA. Is this just software then or both, so sorry to be adding to this thread if already discussed playing huge catch-up, thanks all.

From Devialet via there support page :

2017, April 11th Update

The Devialet OS Board will be internal and will replace both Duet and Wifi boards
New powerful dual-band 2.4/5GHz wifi and Gigabit Ethernet modules
The OS board will feature a Linux-based operating system tailored for audio applications and streaming
There will be no music storage on Devialet OS board
The Devialet OS board will be offered and installed for free to all Expert Pro and Original d'Atelier owners

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 03-Jul-2017

What I would be very interested to know is what Devialet have done with regards to sound quality. Have they come up with a way to integrate the streamer board into their 'Magic Wire' DAC so that it sounds much better than any outboard application. I can imagine that if they have a small buffer (Say 1 Gb) they could clock that internally and have in theory a very good change to enter the DAC 100% jitter free.

I sincerely hope to read more about SQ when the board becomes available.