Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - G51 - 03-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 16:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: What I would be very interested to know is what Devialet have done with regards to sound quality. Have they come up with a way to integrate the streamer board into their 'Magic Wire' DAC so that it sounds much better than any outboard application. I can imagine that if they have a small buffer (Say 1 Gb) they could clock that internally and have in theory a very good change to enter the DAC 100% jitter free.

I sincerely hope to read more about SQ when the board becomes available.

+1. Sound quality is the most important factor as an audiophile.

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 03-Jul-2017

Is it my imagination, or have the posts re the so called announcement been withdrawn Huh.

RE: Streamer board......? - sven911 - 03-Jul-2017

For SQ i think it is best if Roon is talking AIR directly to the Devialet.
I will buy a NUC and install Rock when this is available. The streamer board will be used for Airplay and Qobuz.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 03-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 17:57)brit Wrote: Is it my imagination, or have the posts re the so called announcement been withdrawn Huh.

No, they were posted in the thread about EVO updates, so we tried to move things back over here.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4349&page=5

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 03-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 21:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(03-Jul-2017, 17:57)brit Wrote: Is it my imagination, or have the posts re the so called announcement been withdrawn Huh.

No, they were posted in the thread about EVO updates, so we tried to move things back over here.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4349&page=5

Many thanks, I put it down to my age Blush. But I still haven't seen any e-mail from Devialet, and Monday is nearly over  Huh.

David

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 04-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 16:54)G51 Wrote:
(03-Jul-2017, 16:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote: What I would be very interested to know is what Devialet have done with regards to sound quality. Have they come up with a way to integrate the streamer board into their 'Magic Wire' DAC so that it sounds much better than any outboard application. I can imagine that if they have a small buffer (Say 1 Gb) they could clock that internally and have in theory a very good change to enter the DAC 100% jitter free.

I sincerely hope to read more about SQ when the board becomes available.

+1. Sound quality is the most important factor as an audiophile.

Yes, agreed.  I too have some wild thoughts that having the OS Board directly integrated with the ADH could result in superb sound quality.  Having said that, with virtually zero technical details advised so far, this is nothing more than pure speculation, hope and optimism. 

Oddly enough, the OS Board has already proved to be a huge bonus for me.  After living with the Pro for a while, I have found myself having thoughts of upgrading the 'front end'.  Not that that my current microRendu / Mutec combination is poor in anyway, it is just a case of the Pro being just so very revealing I cannot help but think that with a better 'front end' things could only get better, the Pro deserves to be fed the best if you like.  However, all the unknowns regarding the streamer board has driven me to a 'wait see mode', no rash decisions, lets patiently wait until we know exactly what this OS Board can do and what implications it may have.  Since deciding to wait, a number of very interesting 'front end' options have emerged in the market, so come October 17, I will have a much better choice.  So well done Devialet! Shy

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 04-Jul-2017

(04-Jul-2017, 13:00)Confused Wrote: I too have some wild thoughts that having the OS Board directly integrated with the ADH could result in superb sound quality. 

I think on the one side you are removing connections (i.e. cables) between streamer and ADH, and that can only be a good thing.

On the other you are adding to the noise generated by digital electronics inside the chassis, in my mind this isn't such a good thing. (It's my personal opinion, I know many on here think this noise thing is simply my tinnitus playing tricks on me. Big Grin )

Will be interesting to see how this see saw swings.

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 04-Jul-2017

(03-Jul-2017, 22:37)brit Wrote: ....But I still haven't seen any e-mail from Devialet, and Monday is nearly over  Huh.

Devialet - business as usual then. Angel

RE: Streamer board......? - The Sofa Has Ears - 04-Jul-2017

Rather than speculate on the significance of 17th October in French culture, perhaps those UK members might find it more beneficial to pencil in  the 21st and 22nd October in their diaries. These are the dates of the Hi Fi News show in Windsor and a certain French organisation of our aqaintance are slated as exhibitors.

It is not beyond the bounds of credibilty that they may have a working example of the Board to demonstrate. Just think, a chance to hear what it can do before you commit your pride and joy to the gentle hands of UPS and a trip across the Channel to await major surgery in the bowels of the Devialet factory. Wot no anaesthetic!

At the least it will be an opportunity to ask questions of the staff, but please leave the Gaberdine Mac and rubber hose at home as they will almost certainly be employees and may not know much more than the announcement from earler in the week. However if you treat them nicely, who knows what you might be able to find out.

The chances of anyone senior being there are probably slim. Some of the natives of this site are "restless" and as we know from Presidents, Prime Ministers and Chairmen of inner London Boroughs, they will likely take avoiding action. After all an Assagai up the fundament must hurt, however much deserved.

The Sofa Has Ears.

RE: Streamer board......? - yabaVR - 04-Jul-2017

At ALL PRO-Owners.

If you send your Dxxx in to Devialet for the streamerboard to install do first, before you send it, plug out the Wifi-Board and the Duett-Board (or let it be done by your dealer).
Because chances are not minor that the new board has lots of functionality but ALSO (most likely) decreases SQ by its powerfull processor and new (more powerfull) Wifi components.
So if you keep the two modules as spare parts you can get back to the better (old) SQ any time in the future if SQ comes first for you.

gui