Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Emerald - 05-Jul-2017

Why are we discussing October now? was there any announcements we missed?

RE: Streamer board......? - ogs - 05-Jul-2017

Because Devialet just announced a firm delivery date for the streamer board. Look here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4349&page=5

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 05-Jul-2017

To quote information from an earlier post "- We will take this opportunity to do a few modifications on the motherboard to improve the performance of your unit".

OK, Hifi-swlon has already speculated that this actually means 'they didn't quite get all the specs right for the interface between the two boards so have to do some hacks to accommodate it.' To be honest, I suspect Hifi-swlon is correct here, however, there is another and indeed far more direct way of interpreting this. Maybe they have found a few modifications they need to make to the motherboard to improve the performance of the unit? This being the case, would this not mean for dual mono users that both Master and Companion would need to go back to Paris for surgery?

RE: Streamer board......? - iamwappie - 05-Jul-2017

Ah I missed that previous post but reading "We will reprogram your remote control to improve the stability of operation." makes me glad because a numerous number of people suffer from that if the batteries drain, the remote control decides to have a life of its own and turn the volume up or down itself. I assume with this statement that they will solve this issue.

RE: Streamer board......? - ovo - 05-Jul-2017

+1 for a fix to the remote.Does that mean that they follow customer's problems here? Or did they discover it themselves?
Either way, having had one near catastrophic jump in volume upwards and several puzzling, but not dangerous, drops to -95dB in between tracks, I'll be happy to have a remote that I can trust again.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 06:27)ogs Wrote: Because Devialet just announced a firm delivery date....

Big Grin

Ok, who's taking bets on when the first customers get their boards installed? Angel

RE: Streamer board......? - thumb5 - 05-Jul-2017

Am I right in thinking the announcement so far has only gone to dealers, so "officially" we customers still don't have any specifications or release date...?

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 08:57)Confused Wrote: This being the case, would this not mean for dual mono users that both Master and Companion would need to go back to Paris for surgery?

Confused, you're so on the ball. I hadn't even thought not to send both. Then again, The OdA box would be too much out of balance if we didn't.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 10:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 08:57)Confused Wrote: This being the case, would this not mean for dual mono users that both Master and Companion would need to go back to Paris for surgery?

Confused, you're so on the ball. I hadn't even thought not to send both. Then again, The OdA box would be too much out of balance if we didn't.

Shy In the case of the O'dA, I wouldn't worry too much about the crate, I think the amp would be a little out of balance if you 'Pro' upgraded just the Master.

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 10:27)Confused Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 10:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

Shy In the case of the O'dA, I wouldn't worry too much about the crate, I think the amp would be a little out of balance if you 'Pro' upgraded just the Master.

As I said; on the ball  Smile