Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Soniclife - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 08:57)Confused Wrote: To quote information from an earlier post "- We will take this opportunity to do a few modifications on the motherboard to improve the performance of your unit".

OK, Hifi-swlon has already speculated that this actually means 'they didn't quite get all the specs right for the interface between the two boards so have to do some hacks to accommodate it.'  To be honest, I suspect Hifi-swlon is correct here, however, there is another and indeed far more direct way of interpreting this.  Maybe they have found a few modifications they need to make to the motherboard to improve the performance of the unit?  This being the case, would this not mean for dual mono users that both Master and Companion would need to go back to Paris for surgery?

That will be a good question to ask when it's time.  My guess is they are bug fixing the hardware, for issue like the remote, maybe the over voltage problem, and who knows what else they know about.  I don't expect it to sound better or worse afterwards, that's my guess.

RE: Streamer board......? - ogs - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 09:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 06:27)ogs Wrote: Because Devialet just announced a firm delivery date....

Big Grin

Ok, who's taking bets on when the first customers get their boards installed?  Angel

Oh I do not know about firm date  Big Grin   I thought I saw mention of a date somewhere, but maybe they will stick to the month.. you never know with Devialet! What if they surprise us this time by being early Huh

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 05-Jul-2017

I'll give you good odds on that. Tongue

RE: Streamer board......? - Chris Marshall - 05-Jul-2017

I have to say, if the spec mentioned in the other thread is right (plus Roon or Roon doing AIR of course), it looks great. Decent wifi (with an external aerial) allows easy positioning, and the Bluetooth and streaming services will make it easier for my wife and daughter to use without needing the Sonos I have connected currently.

They now just need to make a decent interface and make sure it sounds as good or better than it currently does, should be no problem? ?

RE: Streamer board......? - Chris Marshall - 05-Jul-2017

(22-Jun-2017, 18:23)Music or sound Wrote: I do not expect any significant new upgrade of the amplification part of the experts after Pro but DSP can be further developed. I would be interested in better cross-over functionality and speaker correction past 200Hz but I am thinking that would be not a priority for most expert users.
I am all for speaker correction but room correction is a misnomer as one alters the speaker output and does not correct the room. The room has to be corrected by acoustical means so I hope Devialet continues to not implement room correction.
The main aspect that has to be improved and updated is connectivity to digital data. So one can hope that the "upcoming" streamer board will be a major improvement and make the experts competitive with others recent high end DACs/amps. I am thinking that USB will be never the optimal link and a more audio optimized connection like Ravenna or something similar will/should be the developed. That must be with a wider platform accepted by many more companies as Ravenna is now (Merging and Genelec).

(05-Jul-2017, 13:43)ogs Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 09:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(05-Jul-2017, 06:27)ogs Wrote: Because Devialet just announced a firm delivery date....

Big Grin

Ok, who's taking bets on when the first customers get their boards installed?  Angel

Oh I do not know about firm date  Big Grin   I thought I saw mention of a date somewhere, but maybe they will stick to the month.. you never know with Devialet! What if they surprise us this time by being early Huh

I just looked at the announcement email on the other thread and October 17 might just mean October 2017 rather than the 17th October, so maybe we do only have the month to go on?

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 05-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 15:30)Chris Marshall Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 18:23)Music or sound Wrote: I do not expect any significant new upgrade of the amplification part of the experts after Pro but DSP can be further developed. I would be interested in better cross-over functionality and speaker correction past 200Hz but I am thinking that would be not a priority for most expert users.
I am all for speaker correction but room correction is a misnomer as one alters the speaker output and does not correct the room. The room has to be corrected by acoustical means so I hope Devialet continues to not implement room correction.
The main aspect that has to be improved and updated is connectivity to digital data. So one can hope that the "upcoming" streamer board will be a major improvement and make the experts competitive with others recent high end DACs/amps. I am thinking that USB will be never the optimal link and a more audio optimized connection like Ravenna or something similar will/should be the developed. That must be with a wider platform accepted by many more companies as Ravenna is now (Merging and Genelec).

(05-Jul-2017, 09:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Big Grin

I just looked at the announcement email on the other thread and October 17 might just mean October 2017 rather than the 17th October, so maybe we do only have the month to go on?

Has anyone actually seen this Announcement e-mail? As far as I was aware the original poster shared this as a "forthcoming announcement". It was, as I understand it from the Post, going to be officially announced on Monday, but I certainly have not had an official e-mail from Devialet detailing any programme, or any more detail of the new OS Streamer Board.

Am I missing anything Confused.

David

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 06-Jul-2017

(05-Jul-2017, 15:30)Chris Marshall Wrote:
(22-Jun-2017, 18:23)Music or sound Wrote: I do not expect any significant new upgrade of the amplification part of the experts after Pro but DSP can be further developed. I would be interested in better cross-over functionality and speaker correction past 200Hz but I am thinking that would be not a priority for most expert users.

(05-Jul-2017, 09:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Big Grin

They write 'on' October 17. If they meant the month they should have written 'in' October 17. Then again, it's Devialet and they aren't exactly known for their excellent communication skills  Tongue

RE: Streamer board......? - Baldoun - 06-Jul-2017

In the French message, it is "17 octobre", which means "October the 17th" in English.

RE: Streamer board......? - IanG-UK - 06-Jul-2017

(04-Jul-2017, 19:52)ogs Wrote: I got this from Thierry Massoubre this morning:

- - - - - - - - - - -
The Core ∞ module needs to be installed in your Devialet Expert Pro in France for several reasons:
- The module replaces 2 modules inside the Expert and the installation, though not difficult, is a precise operation since there are many connectors underneath the board.
- We will take this opportunity to do a few modifications on the motherboard to improve the performance of your unit
- We will give the possibility to add an external WiFi antenna
- We will reprogram your remote control to improve the stability of operation.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

so both the modules yabaVR recommends us to remove will be replaced by the new core module. In a follow up mail I asked whether the I/O lay out will be changed (AES/EBU, SPDIF, USB, ethernet...) the answer was:

- - - - - - - - - - -
The connectivity will not change as far a I know. We will anyway come with a whole set of information in due time.
- - - - - - - - - - -

This first element is in some ways the best news in this thread. Thierry was always willing to communicate speedily, even if it was just "I cannot tell you any more at present".

Let's hope his presence is maintained - it is what has been missing for (?) 3 years.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 06-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 19:17)IanG-UK Wrote:
(04-Jul-2017, 19:52)ogs Wrote: I got this from Thierry Massoubre this morning:

- - - - - - - - - - -
The Core ∞ module needs to be installed in your Devialet Expert Pro in France for several reasons:
- The module replaces 2 modules inside the Expert and the installation, though not difficult, is a precise operation since there are many connectors underneath the board.
- We will take this opportunity to do a few modifications on the motherboard to improve the performance of your unit
- We will give the possibility to add an external WiFi antenna
- We will reprogram your remote control to improve the stability of operation.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

so both the modules yabaVR recommends us to remove will be replaced by the new core module. In a follow up mail I asked whether the I/O lay out will be changed (AES/EBU, SPDIF, USB, ethernet...) the answer was:

- - - - - - - - - - -
The connectivity will not change as far a I know. We will anyway come with a whole set of information in due time.
- - - - - - - - - - -

This first element is in some ways the best news in this thread. Thierry was always willing to communicate speedily, even if it was just "I cannot tell you any more at present".

Let's hope his presence is maintained - it is what has been missing for (?) 3 years.

I was also happy to hear from Thierry.

Guillaume