Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - iamwappie - 06-Jul-2017

(06-Jul-2017, 11:26)Baldoun Wrote: In the French message, it is "17 octobre", which means "October the 17th" in English.

It is October 17 but it could very well be 2018 as they don't mention a year Big Grin

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 09-Jul-2017

I managed to find a little time to visit Oxford Audio this week during their 'SAM Lab' event. I spent a while watching the Devialet guys doing their SAM Lab stuff, which was certainly very interesting. During this there was some casual chat about all things Devialet, and as you might expect the topic of the OS Board came up. The interesting thing here was that when discussing the OS Board, one of the Devialet guys asked if I used Roon, so they raised the Roon topic, not me or anyone else. Then one of the Devialet guys then went into full Devialet cryptic mode, saying something along the lines of 'if you like Roon then you will not be disappointed but you will need to be a little patient'. He did have a very sincere looking smile on his face when he said this. I also asked if Mathieu Pernot had any involvement with the design of the streamer board, the two Devialet SAM guys discussed this point between themselves for a few seconds, almost like they were not 100% sure, before responding with a very clear 'yes'.

We then had a conversation regarding how the Devialet extracts clock signals from AES3 feeds, referring to how different sources influence the resulting sound quality. This conversation did not really go anywhere, I think what they were trying to say was that the amp generates its own clock signals and is basically source agnostic, which is not my experience to be honest..... I plan to maybe revisit that one at a Devialet event planned at OAC later in the year, when Mathieu Pernot should be in attendance.

The other thing I gleaned is that it appears that 'October 17' is indeed a specific date, that is Tuesday 17th of October 2017. Believe it or not folks....

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 09-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 09:48)Confused Wrote: I managed to find a little time to visit Oxford Audio this week during their 'SAM Lab' event.  I spent a while watching the Devialet guys doing their SAM Lab stuff, which was certainly very interesting.  During this there was some casual chat about all things Devialet, and as you might expect the topic of the OS Board came up.  The interesting thing here was that when discussing the OS Board, one of the Devialet guys asked if I used Roon, so they raised the Roon topic, not me or anyone else.  Then one of the Devialet guys then went into full Devialet cryptic mode, saying something along the lines of 'if you like Roon then you will not be disappointed but you will need to be a little patient'.  He did have a very sincere looking smile on his face when he said this.  I also asked if Mathieu Pernot had any involvement with the design of the streamer board, the two Devialet SAM guys discussed this point between themselves for a few seconds, almost like they were not 100% sure, before responding with a very clear 'yes'.

We then had a conversation regarding how the Devialet extracts clock signals from AES3 feeds, referring to how different sources influence the resulting sound quality.  This conversation did not really go anywhere, I think what they were trying to say was that the amp generates its own clock signals and is basically source agnostic, which is not my experience to be honest.....   I plan to maybe revisit that one at a Devialet event planned at OAC later in the year, when Mathieu Pernot should be in attendance.

The other thing I gleaned is that it appears that 'October 17' is indeed a specific date, that is Tuesday 17th of October 2017.  Believe it or not folks....

"Then one of the Devialet guys then went into full Devialet cryptic mode, saying something along the lines of 'if you like Roon then you will not be disappointed but you will need to be a little patient'." A bit like "Waiting for Godot" Sad. But thanks for that useful (I think) bit of feedback.

One thing I forgot to mention from my OAC visit. Apparently for dual mono users it is indeed only the Master that needs to go back to Devialet. So I'm guessing that whatever those modifications are that were mentioned in earlier posts are indeed simply for accommodating the new OS Board.

Plus, am I right in thinking that Godot never actually turned up? I'm not sure?

RE: Streamer board......? - Cylob - 09-Jul-2017

"but you will need to be a little patient"

In Devialet time that will be around a year... or three.

I actually think you guys are being a little pessimistic here. OK, considering Devialet's past performance with AIR, and some other issues, being a touch cynical is of course entirely understandable. But I think the key point here is that it was the Devialet guys who brought up Roon as a topic, nobody else had mentioned it. I think they would have kept quiet on the topic if they were not planning to announce something in the reasonably near future.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 09-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 20:22)Cylob Wrote: "but you will need to be a little patient"

In Devialet time that will be around a year... or three.

I'm very optimistic and even excited about what's coming. That said, I hope the irony of Devialet asking their customers to be patient isn't lost on them...... I'd actually be happier if they had a bit of a sense of humour about it, and delivered it with a cheeky wink. Only Confused knows.

So, October 17 is when it's officially announced and then I guess we have to get in line for some sort of return process, wait for our slot, send, wait, get it back. I wonder when the first ones will appear in people's systems? Plus those OdA owners are going to be trying to muscle in and hog resources having their upgrades done too... Bl***y cheek Tongue

RE: Streamer board......? - markush - 09-Jul-2017

The OS Board has been announced by Devialet way back then. Still no news on features,timeline / workflow ... and asking for patient for something that has already been delayed for that long is quite bold.
They finally might realize that Expert line users are their most valuable users and they urgently have to come up with a solution to keep it up to date

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 09-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: One thing I forgot to mention from my OAC visit.  Apparently for dual mono users it is indeed only the Master that needs to go back to Devialet.  So I'm guessing that whatever those modifications are that were mentioned in earlier posts are indeed simply for accommodating the new OS Board.

Plus, am I right in thinking that Godot never actually turned up?  I'm not sure?

You are right Godot does not show up, but it feels that way with Roon and Devialet Dodgy .

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 10-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 21:27)Hifi_swlon Wrote: ........I'm very optimistic and even excited about what's coming........

Wa?  HiFi Swion, I hardly recognize you !!!  Smile