Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 10-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 21:27)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(09-Jul-2017, 20:22)Cylob Wrote: "but you will need to be a little patient"

In Devialet time that will be around a year... or three.

I'm very optimistic and even excited about what's coming.  That said, I hope the irony of Devialet asking their customers to be patient isn't lost on them...... I'd actually be happier if they had a bit of a sense of humour about it, and delivered it with a cheeky wink. Only Confused knows.

So, October 17 is when it's officially announced and then I guess we have to get in line for some sort of return process, wait for our slot, send, wait, get it back. I wonder when the first ones will appear in people's systems?  Plus those OdA owners are going to be trying to muscle in and hog resources having their upgrades done too... Bl***y cheek Tongue

I will have my OdA packed and ready to ship ON the 17th of October and expect to send it the day after the announcement. No rush...  Angel

RE: Streamer board......? - pisabell - 10-Jul-2017

Hello,

Is it known whether or not the upcoming streamer board will be compatible with models that predate the PRO series (e.g. the 200 or the 250)?

Thanks,

Pierre

RE: Streamer board......? - agentsmith - 10-Jul-2017

(09-Jul-2017, 17:56)Confused Wrote: One thing I forgot to mention from my OAC visit.  Apparently for dual mono users it is indeed only the Master that needs to go back to Devialet.  So I'm guessing that whatever those modifications are that were mentioned in earlier posts are indeed simply for accommodating the new OS Board.

Plus, am I right in thinking that Godot never actually turned up?  I'm not sure?

While the master is sent off for surgery, would my 220 slave be able to be used as it's own stereo amp with no USB/LAN connectivity?

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 10-Jul-2017

I dont see why you couldn't use the companion for that purpose. Even if the remote has to go back, you can still control it with the IOS  application. One should in theory just need to reconfigure it with the online Configurator. Of course this is all theoretical but that is what I was thinking of doing with it as well.

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 05:37)baddog Wrote: I dont see why you couldn't use the companion for that purpose. Even if the remote has to go back, you can still control it with the IOS  application. One should in theory just need to reconfigure it with the online Configurator. Of course this is all theoretical but that is what I was thinking of doing with it as well.

If the slave dont have the ethernet board how will it be able to connect to the network and be controlled by the app?

RE: Streamer board......? - Mka - 10-Jul-2017

As the new board will replace Duett and wifi board it should be possible to send I. The slave for the upgrade.....(as the slave is the same as a master without theses boards).

I hope they still stick to the idea that for non OdA User the board can be installed by the user)

RE: Streamer board......? - thumb5 - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 09:05)Mka Wrote: As the new board will replace Duett and wifi board it should be possible to send I. The slave for the upgrade.....(as the slave is the same as a master without theses boards).

Clever, I like your thinking!

(10-Jul-2017, 09:05)Mka Wrote: I hope they still stick to the idea that for non OdA User the board can be installed by the user)

Me too; even if it could be installed by the dealer that should save a lot of (risky) UPS shipments.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017

Since they've said they need to make some other motherboard adjustments, it seems unlikely any dealers will be able to do it. And also - assuming this is true - sending your companion to Devialet would mean it would always have to stay as master once it was returned (assuming you were using the new board). But that might be quite nice - two masters with the option of either generation streaming tech? Somehow I doubt Devialet would go for that though?

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 10-Jul-2017

Have Devialet stated that they only will need the master and not the companion?

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017

I believe Confused mentioned it in an earlier post.