Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 11:29)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I believe Confused mentioned it in an earlier post.

I missed that.

But is it not possible that Devialet just want the one amp with the serielnumber that the new master got?

As usual it is all speculations when Devialet is doing their stuff..... Big Grin  I dont even know why I am reading this as I dont own a Devialet anymore but I would like to get the owner of my 220 Master to be able to get the streamerboard.

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 06:38)octaviars Wrote:
(10-Jul-2017, 05:37)baddog Wrote: I dont see why you couldn't use the companion for that purpose. Even if the remote has to go back, you can still control it with the IOS  application. One should in theory just need to reconfigure it with the online Configurator. Of course this is all theoretical but that is what I was thinking of doing with it as well.

If the slave dont have the ethernet board how will it be able to connect to the network and be controlled by the app?

Ooops, good point....guess that shoots that idea down as I don't know of any other way to control the volume without a remote... Sad

RE: Streamer board......? - Axel - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 01:11)pisabell Wrote: Hello,

Is it known whether or not the upcoming streamer board will be compatible with models that predate the PRO series (e.g. the 200 or the 250)?

Thanks,

Pierre

Sorry, the streamer board is only compatible with the Pro amps.

RE: Streamer board......? - Axel - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 09:05)Mka Wrote: As the new board will replace Duett and wifi board it should be possible to send I. The slave for the upgrade.....(as the slave is the same as a master without theses boards).

I hope they still stick to the idea that for non OdA User the board can be installed by the user)

I asked almost the same question in post#302 here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4053&page=31

But it was pointed out by Wdw that the firmware could deny use of the Duet and WiFi boards in the Companion.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 15:35)baddog Wrote:
(10-Jul-2017, 06:38)octaviars Wrote:
(10-Jul-2017, 05:37)baddog Wrote: I dont see why you couldn't use the companion for that purpose. Even if the remote has to go back, you can still control it with the IOS  application. One should in theory just need to reconfigure it with the online Configurator. Of course this is all theoretical but that is what I was thinking of doing with it as well.

If the slave dont have the ethernet board how will it be able to connect to the network and be controlled by the app?

Ooops, good point....guess that shoots that idea down as I don't know of any other way to control the volume without a remote... Sad

Well, as long as there was a sensible volume set (including startup/input select volume) before the remote got sent off, you could use software volume control as a stopgap. Source change might be an issue though.....

RE: Streamer board......? - Mka - 10-Jul-2017

I got confirmation from France today, that
- for V6 Platform (pro) user it will be self/dealer replaceable
- No final timeline set yet, but before Christmas 2017

but nothing else...

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 10-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 23:23)Mka Wrote: I got confirmation from France today, that

but nothing else...

So two sets of conflicting information.

To be honest it was a bit disconcerting that Devialet had started putting out clearer messaging on the timings and logistics of the board. I feel right at home now knowing that it's all up in the air, much more 'Devialet'. Big Grin .

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 11-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 22:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-Jul-2017, 15:35)baddog Wrote:
(10-Jul-2017, 06:38)octaviars Wrote: If the slave dont have the ethernet board how will it be able to connect to the network and be controlled by the app?

Well, as long as there was a sensible volume set (including startup/input select volume) before the remote got sent off, you could use software volume control as a stopgap. Source change might be an issue though.....

Source change is easy as I can toggle it by a tap on the power button of the Devialet. Volume though, no such luck.

RE: Streamer board......? - octaviars - 11-Jul-2017

(10-Jul-2017, 23:23)Mka Wrote: I got confirmation from France today, that

but nothing else...

I wonder if they really know what the plan is.....but hey this is Devialet so nothing new here.

But why would Thierry say that they need to go to France and have some "tinkering" on the mainboard when Devialet now tells you it can be made by your self or by the dealer? 

Seems a bit conflicting to me  Huh

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 11-Jul-2017

Respectfully, who is "France"? Is it a Devialet rep?