Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Emerald - 12-Jul-2017

Will Devialet be able to make an upgrade package for existing Expert users ?

Meaning, that we send our expert amps and get them upgraded to Pro + OS Board at once.

RE: Streamer board......? - ogs - 12-Jul-2017

I don't see why not, that is definitely a question for Devialet... The upgrade program is officially over, but the message from Devialet is, as usual, unclear. It may still be possible to upgrade to Pro. Whether the new Core board is included for free is not known. Devialet has said that the value of the board is €1500.

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 12-Jul-2017

Just got a new 130Pro Expert having previously had NAIM but kept my Sopra 2 and Melco N1A.

Is the new OS board then designed to allow via UPnP the Pro line to connect to Melco via Ethernet, so far I can only use USB, and thus also create a control point, hopefully Roon then becomes available?

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 12-Jul-2017

(12-Jul-2017, 07:13)ogs Wrote: I don't see why not, that is definitely a question for Devialet... The upgrade program is officially over, but the message from Devialet is, as usual, unclear. It may still be possible to upgrade to Pro. Whether the new Core board is included for free is not known. Devialet has said that the value of the board is €1500.

Exactly. Technically we've all crowd-funded the 'core' board so that was the carrot we were given for upgrading - get it free when it's ready. Logic states that since they said it was free up to a certain date after which it would have value, then the upgrade path stopped, that when/if it returns it would cost more to upgrade with the core board.

Not that logic has ever helped us much with Devialet though....

Also it would be a bit weird as I doubt they'd want to ship new Pros or upgrades with older hardware - so it's probably not really optional - just a more expensive upgrade. Or the same. Or it won't matter because they'll have been furiously working to get the pro plus out just in time for the last upgrader to have paid up.

RE: Streamer board......? - thumb5 - 12-Jul-2017

There is a bit of a precedent here: the first Expert series products were offered with an optional streaming board (that we now know as Duet, I believe) to support AIR. IIRC that board was priced at £995 according to Devialet but was provided free for early purchasers. I think there was even a defined date after which it was presumed -- by me at least -- to cost real money on top of the price of the amp. Later it silently just became part of the standard specification and I rather doubt that anyone actually paid extra for that streaming board. Could be wrong, of course...

RE: Streamer board......? - Greg - 12-Jul-2017

Oh dear, all you guys really are so anal, and that includes the American dullard who wants to know who 'France' is  Confused  What a bunch of losers. All this speculation on what is to come. Why not just sit back and let it happen? 

I read so much anal negativity here about Devialet when in my experience they have provided me with a first rate service ever since I bought my 120 amp second hand. They factory upgraded it to 220 Pro, turning it around in ten days, well within their projected time scale and that included a new box, the old one being very (previous owner abuse) tatty. They also UPS forwarded an external packing box to me so I could send the amp back for upgrade. All done at their expense. I have since had an issue with my remote automatically draining the batteries where they lasted less than two weeks, even when the remote was unused. Discussed in a very friendly manner with Océane at Customer Care on line and he arranged the return of my remote which was repaired and returned within a working week. I have nothing but absolute praise for Devialet and their customer service. Absolutely fantastic and furthermore, should I want to deal upgrades through a main dealer, even though I have no purchase history with them, that is apparently ok as well.

Sorry, I've been a bit of a lurker for a while, and this post is principally off topic, but it grips my shit that so many here just knock Devialet over and over again when my experience is very much the opposite of all the negativity many of you post, and frankly, it pisses me off!

Please, why are you all so negative? Wake up, get real and appreciate what Devialet offer you. In my case, the best sound I have ever had. I look forward to the streamer board upgrade. I don't give a toss whether my amp needs to go to France, can be done at the dealer or can be done by me, which I am confident to do. I am also a Roon user through microRendu. I also don't give a toss if the new board supports Roon or not. My sound will continue to be first class whatever.

This forum has the potential to be so good yet there are so many anally negative contributors. What about changing that? I'm sure many members here would appreciate such a change of emphasis, don't you think?

RE: Streamer board......? - streamy - 12-Jul-2017

+1
Not a Expert/Pro customer but owner of multiple Phantoms and Dialogs. Same experience, had a problem with my first Dialog, got fixed within a week. Devialet sent me a new Dialog and UPS stickers to ship the defective one. They fixed via SW update the PSU noise in the Gold Phantoms without big advertisement.
Their constant Firmware and SW updates steadily improved the performance of the Phantom line, this is a commitment to their products much higher than other IT, AV, and Hifi providers like HP, Sony, or Philips that bring out half baked products without solving issues in their SW or HW and only launching in a fast pace new and steadily unfinished products.

RE: Streamer board......? - BoyScout - 12-Jul-2017

+1 (so far...)

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 12-Jul-2017

Good to see the positive replies above, I am new to Devialet as a buyer (130Pro) and just happy to see what will come of the streamer board upgrades hopefully with Roon option (or control point to allow it) and UPnP etc.

Diving into the threads all over Devialet Chat with history over AIR and other issues it does seem to be quite geared towards the negative, say 60/40 split.

Or is it just the way it has all gone over the years?

So far my 130 is working fine, for me all I am missing is UPnP for the Melco so I can have DSM going ( I have no quality audio USB cable as everything up until now has been UPnP/Ethernet/NAS etc)

Not sure I am adding much to the argument mind :-)

RE: Streamer board......? - agentsmith - 13-Jul-2017

Just found out this morning that Roon now fully supports Devialet WITHOUT using the Devialet Air.

They were quite clear that this is very much unlike Devialet Air which is basically a sound card driver.

Similar to their Squeezebox platform support they tap directly into the Devialet and will gain full control including the volume control. And full DSD/DoP support of course.

This is unbelievably good news. Seeing how elegant their support for the Squeezebox was, I have been waiting for that integration with the Devialet for a long time, with the assumption that it would only be possible with the Streamer board.

Now that this is available for the existing platform, I am not sure what the streamer board would add. The plot thickens.

** This also confirms what every person in the know I have met has hinted Roon support, but somehow cannot disclose. No idea why Devialet prefers to annoy their own customers for months by keeping them in the dark, leaving them speculating rather than being upfront, even carelessly hinting something is in the works is better than stone walling.