Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - Wdw - 13-Jul-2017

(12-Jul-2017, 21:49)LGreg Wrote: Oh dear, all you guys really are so anal, and that includes the American dullard who wants to know who 'France' is  Confused  What a bunch of losers......

Really?  That American dullard is one of the most helpful and thoughful posters on this site...please go back to lurking if that's the level of your discourse.

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 13-Jul-2017

Thanks @Wdw - I must admit I was a little taken back at being called a "dullard", especially after I looked it up.

RE: Streamer board......? - markush - 13-Jul-2017

Nice to see Roon & Devialet having a good partnership and coming up with that solution:
http://blog.roonlabs.com/roon-devialet/

RE: Streamer board......? - Rodney Gold - 13-Jul-2017

roon and AIR works brilliantly .. roon fixed what Devialet should have done

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 13-Jul-2017

(12-Jul-2017, 21:49)Greg Wrote: Oh dear, all you guys really are so anal, and that includes the American dullard who wants to know who 'France' is  Confused  What a bunch of losers. All this speculation on what is to come. Why not just sit back and let it happen? 

I read so much anal negativity here about Devialet when in my experience they have provided me with a first rate service ever since I bought my 120 amp second hand. They factory upgraded it to 220 Pro, turning it around in ten days, well within their projected time scale and that included a new box, the old one being very (previous owner abuse) tatty. They also UPS forwarded an external packing box to me so I could send the amp back for upgrade. All done at their expense. I have since had an issue with my remote automatically draining the batteries where they lasted less than two weeks, even when the remote was unused. Discussed in a very friendly manner with Océane at Customer Care on line and he arranged the return of my remote which was repaired and returned within a working week. I have nothing but absolute praise for Devialet and their customer service. Absolutely fantastic and furthermore, should I want to deal upgrades through a main dealer, even though I have no purchase history with them, that is apparently ok as well.

Sorry, I've been a bit of a lurker for a while, and this post is principally off topic, but it grips my shit that so many here just knock Devialet over and over again when my experience is very much the opposite of all the negativity many of you post, and frankly, it pisses me off!

Please, why are you all so negative? Wake up, get real and appreciate what Devialet offer you. In my case, the best sound I have ever had. I look forward to the streamer board upgrade. I don't give a toss whether my amp needs to go to France, can be done at the dealer or can be done by me, which I am confident to do. I am also a Roon user through microRendu. I also don't give a toss if the new board supports Roon or not. My sound will continue to be first class whatever.

This forum has the potential to be so good yet there are so many anally negative contributors. What about changing that? I'm sure many members here would appreciate such a change of emphasis, don't you think?

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum.

I understand your frustration but it would be appreciated if you would tone down the insults a bit. The way I approach anything I post on the internet is that I wouldn't post anything that I wouldn't say to someone if they were standing right in front of me. Think of this place as a pub.

As for some people having a whinge; Not everyone has had the same level of service you have received. Some have literally waited for years for AIR to get fixed only to be told that if you really want streaming to work 100% you have to upgrade to Pro and get the streamer board. That's not very Pro-fessional of Devialet. (see what I did there Wink).

So let people AIR their frustrations. (did it again!)  If we don't listen who will? Devialet certainly won't.

RE: Streamer board......? - baconbrain - 13-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 08:20)Pim van Vliet Wrote:  I understand your frustration but it would be appreciated if you would tone down the insults a bit. The way I approach anything I post on the internet is that I wouldn't post anything that I wouldn't say to someone if they were standing right in front of me. Think of this place as a pub.

++1 Something I have really appreciated in this forum since it is one of the few in my opinion which refrains from bashing of individuals.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 13-Jul-2017

Oh dear..... Well first of all, I too will welcome Greg to the forum. Indeed, I agree that the forum has potential to be better if we are all more positive. Although, I think referring to existing members as being 'anal' and a 'bunch of losers' is perhaps not the best way to enhance positivity levels. Also, I think the attack on baddog was unfairly taken out of context, so inaccurate, and I suspect breaks forum rules in terms of abusing someone with respect to their nationality. Plus, I have been on this forum long enough to know that baddog has typically been a very positive and helpful contributor.

Also, some balance. I can think of many times that there has been to much winging on this forum, but that said, it is very clear that in some instances the winging has actually yielded positive results. Someone coming to the Expert series now in 2017 may find it very hard to understand the utter frustration that someone buying a brand new expert in 2013 would have experienced. The issues with AIR and frightening bursts of white noise being the main problem, but there were other issues with firmware updates, the configurator bugs, and so on. I know for a fact that the 'winging' on this forum has brought these issues to Devialet's attention and thus has helped bring the issues to resolution. Devialet do not contribute on this forum, but they do read it. I too love the charm of Océane at Devialet support, but this does not change the fact that Devialet support themselves are not supported by Devialet's technical team. Many times I have sent support requests, and the responses have been poor in the extreme. OK, it looks like I am just winging here now, but trust me, I am just trying to give some balance and perspective. Not long ago in another thread I was accused of 'coming in wearing the French flag', so you see, with things Devialet I am often the number 1 evangelist for the brand.

Some positive for this forum? The AIR petition, this definitely pushed Devialet into sorting out the problems with AIR. If you like Roon, one year ago Devialet were pretty much saying that they were not interested in collaborating with a third party software provider. Much whinging on this forum, and we now have AIR integrated in Roon and it looks like Roon is coming to the streamer board. Other general positives of this forum, many times I have seen people stuck with Devialet related issues, Devialet support have not helped, but forum members here have chipped in and solved the said issue. Some very good things happen on this forum, I could go on here. So for those who want to make this forum a good place, don't forget you are building on something that is, in part at least, already very good indeed.

I will end on the key point though. I participate on some other forums where interesting and useful threads routinely descend into train wrecks, with childish tit for tat abuse and arguments being exchanged. I think that one absolutely remarkable aspect of this forum is just how civil and collaborative it has remained over the last few years. Lets keep it that way.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 13-Jul-2017

Great post Confused, I concur 100%. Excellent summary of the situation.

This is indeed a very friendly place where even people on different sides of an argument can remain civil and constructive. This is largely what differentiates us from other fora and let's keep its this way.

Guillaume

Streamer board......? - Chris Marshall - 13-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 10:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: Great post Confused, I concur 100%. Excellent summary of the situation.

Agreed 100%. The tone on here, even when whinging doesn't descend to the selfishness and name calling in many other forums.

Confused, you are becoming the least confused member on here!

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - ovo - 13-Jul-2017

I'm glad that Greg (and presumably others) have only a positive experience to report, and I share the view of others that any form of personal abuse based on racial or national stereotypes should find another place.

Perhaps Greg might like to consider that he has benefitted from any improvements in Devialet's service because of the people who have posted on here and followed Devialet's responses with a view to encouraging them to get better.

But the point is that there is no other place for Devialet owners - many manufacturers see customer feedback via an official forum as valuable, Twitter and Facebook are not adequate replacements. Direct contact when there is a problem - and the measure of any organisation is how well it deals with problems - is often patchy.

Many issues raised here could normally be resolved between the dealer and the customer, however Devialet moved to a model of direct sales of the phantom with fewer dealers , resulting in a cull which took the people who sold me my original D200 out of the loop, and my D200 companion arrived by post from a dealer some distance from me.

In the absence of 'traditional' avenues of communication, it's hardly surprising that it appears that the moans here outweigh the plaudits - in fact there is nothing worse than a forum where the posts consist entirely of owners seeking to justify their purchases by extravagant praise.

If it's justified -Whinge on, I say.