Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - baddog - 14-Jul-2017

Don't feel bad agentsmith, while I did receive the Core Infinity Announcement, I have not received the Roon offer. I would suggest dropping a line to Devialet support.

RE: Streamer board......? - agentsmith - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 05:12)baddog Wrote: Don't feel bad agentsmith, while I did receive the Core Infinity Announcement, I have not received the Roon offer. I would suggest dropping a line to Devialet support.

Thanks, I did place a support call to make sure I am registered.

I have long been a lifer the Roon.  But the marriage of Roon and Devialet is definitely a marketing dream for both companies.  I now see Roon as a platform for audio hardware, turning every network audio devices into another Sooloos machine, a MS Windows of networked Audio.

RE: Streamer board......? - vgbfamily - 14-Jul-2017

Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.
250Pro, 800d3 and High Fidelity Cables are ears openers. ?️‍♀️

RE: Streamer board......? - petrik - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 08:42)[email protected] Wrote: Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.

Thank you for sharing this.

Have you already checked a following link and configured Roon as suggested there?
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Sound_Quality

RE: Streamer board......? - agentsmith - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 08:42)[email protected] Wrote: Sorry to say that after 24 hours with Roon the sq is in no way better compared to what I can get from JRiver and the new Sublime from Qobuz thru regular Devialet Air. Unless I do something wrong it's even an understatement.

That is interesting, given that Roon is accessing the Devialet directly without Devialet Air resident driver, it should give better SQ.  

May be give it a little listen with different kinds of music to further confirm?

RE: Streamer board......? - f1eng - 14-Jul-2017

IME this would be what I would expect. More convenient (for a non-Qobuz user), maybe but I wouldn't expect the SQ to be better than what is, IME, the pretty optimised digital system you are already using...

RE: Streamer board......? - tategoi - 14-Jul-2017

I was using a NUC 6i5 as the core and a 2011 Mac Mini as the output. 

Now that Roon is in the Air, the Devialet functions as the end point the noise floor just plunges and the sound quality improves quite a bit. Very very happy with the new setup. Now I can get rid of the Mac Mini.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Jul-2017

Just a quick reminder that this is the Streamer / OS Board thread.

Clearly the new Roon integrated AIR is creating much excitement, which is great. Smile  Indeed, there are now multiple threads covering Roon AIR.

So it is a little puzzling that we are getting many Roon AIR sound quality related posts in the Streamer Board thread?

My current observation is that the streamer board is completely silent, due to it not existing. Angry

So folks!  Why not keep the posts on topic in the many other AIR Roon threads, and leave this one for it's intended purpose of endlessly speculating, spreading rumours, and complaining about Devialet. Huh

Thanks!

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 14-Jul-2017

Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.