Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - tyefighter - 14-Jul-2017

I've not had any email notifications either Sad
I get messages left right and center about all the other irrelevant stuff Devialet are doing but not a sniff when it comes to my 440

its great tho to see so many happy faces around here as of late Smile

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 16:57)Confused Wrote: It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.

Catchy.

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 14-Jul-2017

(13-Jul-2017, 13:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(13-Jul-2017, 12:47)Rodney Gold Wrote: Bite the bullet and get a lifetime with Roon , apart from streaming to devialet and all the other stuff , with its DSP engine you can do room correction etc.. worth every penny of the $500

They have also hinted a few times over the past year that lifetime may not remain an option forever - and that it was designed as an incentive to get early adopters onboard. No-one knows for sure though, but I'm certainly glad I went lifetime early. They've delivered well beyond my expectations for the money already....

(14-Jul-2017, 16:57)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.

Or DOSCIEPISB for short

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

I have Melco integration questions also, damn :-)

RE: Streamer board......? - Sharone - 14-Jul-2017

While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?

RE: Streamer board......? - mdconnelly - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 18:26)Sharone Wrote: While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?

Whoa!   Now that's thinking outside the Devialet box.  It would be a huge leap.   While none of us really know what that board will fully consist of, it is highly unlikely to have the power to run Roon Core although it could certainly support Roon RAAT if they chose to implement such.

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 19:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(14-Jul-2017, 18:26)Sharone Wrote: While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?

Whoa!   Now that's thinking outside the Devialet box.  It would be a huge leap.   While none of us really know what that board will fully consist of, it is highly unlikely to have the power to run Roon Core although it could certainly support Roon RAAT if they chose to implement such.

I have to agree.  RAAT as an 'endpoint' is now looking highly likely when the current cooperation between Roon and Devialet is considered.  Roon core?  No, it won't happen.  One thing Devialet have announced is that the OS Board will not include music storage, which makes Roon core look somewhere between highly unlikely and pointless I think.

RE: Streamer board......? - Greg - 14-Jul-2017

Ok. I without predudice accept the critisism that has been directed at me because of my blunt post. Anyone offended, please accept my apology. If I had thought a little, I would have realised what I wrote would cause offence.

Never the less, I am grateful for the welcome messages posted and also the support from some regarding my offensive post. Please understand it was a spur of the moment reaction to constantly reading negativity about Devialet who in my experience have been absolutely wonderful.

I am Now streaming from Roon direct to my amp and love it, especially the ability to control the 220 Pro through Roon. I can't say at this stage it is any better than streamed through my microRendu. That will need a bit of a mates listening session to establish.

For our friend who is not impressed with the sound quality of Tidal through Roon, you need to look at your set up. Sound quality should be excellent as I have found.

Once again, thank you for the welcome. Maybe I won't be lurking so much in the future!

Oh and a quick thank you to the boys at Roon who have made setting up direct streaming so bloody easy. I was a bit gob smacked at how easy it really was.

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 21:15)Greg Wrote: Ok. I without predudice accept the critisism that has been directed at me because of my blunt post. Anyone offended, please accept my apology. If I had thought a little, I would have realised what I wrote would cause offence.

Never the less, I am grateful for the welcome messages posted and also the support from some regarding my offensive post. Please understand it was a spur of the moment reaction to constantly reading negativity about Devialet who in my experience have been absolutely wonderful.

I am Now streaming from Roon direct to my amp and love it, especially the ability to control the 220 Pro through Roon. I can't say at this stage it is any better than streamed through my microRendu. That will need a bit of a mates listening session to establish.

For our friend who is not impressed with the sound quality of Tidal through Roon, you need to look at your set up. Sound quality should be excellent as I have found.

Once again, thank you for the welcome. Maybe I won't be lurking so much in the future!

All good Greg Smile

Welcome to Devialet Chat!

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 14-Jul-2017

Much respect for your post Greg! And yes, we could indeed do with many more positive contributors, so no need to lurk to much.