Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - pjcamera - 14-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 16:48)Confused Wrote: Just a quick reminder that this is the Streamer / OS Board thread.

Clearly the new Roon integrated AIR is creating much excitement, which is great. Smile  Indeed, there are now multiple threads covering Roon AIR.

So it is a little puzzling that we are getting many Roon AIR sound quality related posts in the Streamer Board thread?

My current observation is that the streamer board is completely silent, due to it not existing. Angry

So folks!  Why not keep the posts on topic in the many other AIR Roon threads, and leave this one for it's intended purpose of endlessly speculating, spreading rumours, and complaining about Devialet. Huh

Thanks!

Why not, nearly every other thread goes to over 40 pages. Why should this one be any more focussed. Besides, I'm interested in the Roon stuff that's been raised here

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 15-Jul-2017

(14-Jul-2017, 22:54)pjcamera Wrote:
(14-Jul-2017, 16:48)Confused Wrote: Just a quick reminder that this is the Streamer / OS Board thread.

Clearly the new Roon integrated AIR is creating much excitement, which is great. Smile  Indeed, there are now multiple threads covering Roon AIR.

So it is a little puzzling that we are getting many Roon AIR sound quality related posts in the Streamer Board thread?

My current observation is that the streamer board is completely silent, due to it not existing. Angry

So folks!  Why not keep the posts on topic in the many other AIR Roon threads, and leave this one for it's intended purpose of endlessly speculating, spreading rumours, and complaining about Devialet. Huh

Thanks!

Why not, nearly every other thread goes to over 40 pages. Why should this one be any more focussed. Besides, I'm interested in the Roon stuff that's been raised here

Yes, I understand your point, very often when threads go off topic, the off topic stuff can be far more interesting that the original subject.  I apologise if the tone of my post made me sound like the forum police or Head Mistress or something.  So if you wanted to pick up on the specifics of a Roon / AIR related post here then of course that is fine.

Although to clarify why I made the post, I too am interested in the Roon / AIR topic, and indeed I have recently posted on the topic in this thread:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4247

So for me it is a case that if things can be kept neat and tidy and on topic, it does make the forum more useful.  As an example, sometimes I might recall an issue or problem that was posted a couple of months ago, or even a year or more ago.  If I come to this forum to find this old post, it is much easier to find if it is in the correct thread.  Indeed, a new user coming to this forum in a years time to read about Roon / AIR, will very likely find and read the thread linked above, but will then miss relevant information if it is posted in the OS Board thread.  Note that non 'Pro' users will have less interest in the OS Baord as a topic anyway.   OK, I am indeed sounding like the Head Mistress now!  Confused Just trying to explain my thinking, that's all, but of course don't let me stop you posting whatever you wish, it's all good!

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 15-Jul-2017

Confused, your suggestion post made perfect sense, seemed really sensible and in the interest of the whole forum population.

I don't think you need to justify it.

We all go off topic all the time, but when there are threads that already exist for specific topics (especially well established ones) it makes no sense to start fresh ones - it's just more confusing for people looking for the info.

Maybe DC needs a bit more moderation? I quite like the Roon forums where they (mods) rarely step in, but spend a lot of time merging and splitting out topics where it makes sense. Would make the less 'community spirited' among us (see above) less of an issue. I'm not sure how easy it is to go here - it's quite clear on the discourse forum what's been moved/split/merged.

(Oh, maybe this has been merged!?)

Devialet have actually posted a response on their OS Board page:

Yaohan YANG
Yesterday at 23:45
guys, always keep an eye here, so focused on delivering what we announced recently.
personally so moved by many comments here, we owe you a lot of explanation and i hope a better mechanism would be in place soon to improve the com.

So they do still love us! Heart

Joking aside, and taking the sentiment in Yaohan's post at face value, this is very positive indeed.  Good stuff!

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 10:07)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Confused, your suggestion post made perfect sense, seemed really sensible and in the interest of the whole forum population.

We all go off topic all the time, but when there are threads that already exist for specific topics (especially well established ones) it makes no sense to start fresh ones - it's just more confusing for people looking for the info.

Maybe DC needs a bit more moderation?  I quite like the Roon forums where they (mods) rarely step in, but spend a lot of time merging and splitting out topics where it makes sense. Would make the less 'community spirited' among us (see above) less of an issue. I'm not sure how easy it is to go here - it's quite clear on the discourse forum what's been moved/split/merged.

I'm more than happy to merge all the Roon threads together. 

As to Roon being mentioned in the streamer board thread that is hardly surprising since Roon is a streaming protocol after all (well Roon RAAT is but you catch my drift  Wink ). However given that Roon has now been announced for AIR it doesn't really make sense to discuss Roon SQ issues here.

So until Roon is part of the Core Infinity project let's refrain from discussing Roon here.

Cheers folks, and thanks to Confused and Hifi_swlon (and others too) for the helpful suggestions. 

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - GuillaumeB - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 10:07)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Confused, your suggestion post made perfect sense, seemed really sensible and in the interest of the whole forum population.

Maybe DC needs a bit more moderation?  I quite like the Roon forums where they (mods) rarely step in, but spend a lot of time merging and splitting out topics where it makes sense. Would make the less 'community spirited' among us (see above) less of an issue. I'm not sure how easy it is to go here - it's quite clear on the discourse forum what's been moved/split/merged.

As to Roon being mentioned in the streamer board thread that is hardly surprising since Roon is a streaming protocol after all (well Roon RAAT is but you catch my drift  Wink ). However given that Roon has now been announced for AIR it doesn't really make sense to discuss Roon SQ issues here.

So until Roon is part of the Core Infinity project let's refrain from discussing Roon here.

Cheers folks, and thanks to Confused and Hifi_swlon (and others too) for the helpful suggestions. 

Guillaume

Can I just confirm that this is what everyone wants? One single thread for Roon?

Guillaume

RE: Streamer board......? - Pim - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:39)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Can I just confirm that this is what everyone wants? One single thread for Roon?

Guillaume

Yes. Although I'm not everyone...

RE: Streamer board......? - brit - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:39)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: I'm more than happy to merge all the Roon threads together. 

Guillaume

Guillaume

Agree - a single thread for Roon.

David

RE: Streamer board......? - BoyScout - 15-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 12:52)brit Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(15-Jul-2017, 12:39)GuillaumeB Wrote: Can I just confirm that this is what everyone wants? One single thread for Roon?

Guillaume

Agree - a single thread for Roon.

David
+1.

For me I would say:

Roon is a general topic for most things Roon.
AIR integration into Roon is a specific sub-topic, as this may have specific technical issues, sound quality observations and so on.
Roon is a topic in the OS board thread, but currently only as far as will the OS Board support it or not, which is not yet confirmed.

But I'm fairly relaxed about all this, we will never keep everyone happy that is for sure! Shy