Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Streamer board......? - rdok - 17-Jul-2017

(16-Jul-2017, 16:47)AllenB Wrote: Thanks for all the debate guys.

I think we all agree that our Expert Pros sound pretty damn fine already. I'm not sure a streamer board can increase SQ, I tend to look at these things from the opposite direction, that is how much detrimental effect does the streamer board have on what is already a fine sounding unit.

So what is special about this board, as Devialet have now intimated in their mail shot ? As said above, an explanation of the motherboard mods would be welcomed. I am guessing that it must be significant for them to do another massive recall, all at no cost to us (well other than the initial upgrade costs). It would be a helluva lot cheaper for them to send out boards for a dealer / user fit. They mention 'numerous capabilities' will be added after the release? Will this make it a Sonos beater, with every streaming service one can shake a stick at?

Me, I am happy with Roon now integrated into Air, with Tidal & Internet Radio (although the latter could do with re-vamping in the front-end department). This was my No.1 wish and it's working well. There's always room for improvement, but I think I trust Roon a whole load more than Devialet for anything on the software side.

But as also mentioned, there is always a niggle when things are updated and one may not have that streamer board upgrade in place to take advantage. Like it or not, it kind of makes it obligatory.

Gents, I posted sometig on the Roon forum that is related to this, and got a reply from Roon shedding just a litthle bit of light on the streamer board in relation to Roon:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-streaming-released/28170/48
(I posted it 16/7, so in the thread look there)

rdok

RE: Streamer board......? - dan46 - 17-Jul-2017

So if the actual board is ROON ready what does this mean, apologies catching up here as a new 130Pro owner.

I have Melco N1A and would like this to be ROON ready too, but would the UPnP allow me to get Melco through the new OS board, and this board being ROON ready mean the Melco mounts also and can e'seen' by ROON as well?

Thanks, Dan.

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017

If the board was RoonReady, it just means a true Roon zone, able to sync with any other Roon RAAT zone and benefit from anything they add to RoonReady devices in the future. Plus it's fully under the control of Roon for support/development. Well, nearly, Devialet obviously do the work their end but a Roon QA it Wink

Not sure how the Melco would fit in. You won't be able to mix upnp with RoonReady. Possibly if the card can mount the Melco over USB it would work but then the music all gets pulled to the Roon core and sent back again. So a bit pointless. Probably the Melco would just be a NAS.

I mean Roons central brain is called the Core, and the new streamerboard is called the 'Core infinity' but I assume that's just a coincidence rather than the Roon Core running on your Devialet... Danny did say on the Roon forum more power in the new streamerboard meant they 'could do more with it' but I guess this is a step too far. Who knows?

RE: Streamer board......? - Confused - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 07:05)rdok Wrote:
(16-Jul-2017, 16:47)AllenB Wrote: Thanks for all the debate guys.

I think we all agree that our Expert Pros sound pretty damn fine already. I'm not sure a streamer board can increase SQ, I tend to look at these things from the opposite direction, that is how much detrimental effect does the streamer board have on what is already a fine sounding unit.

So what is special about this board, as Devialet have now intimated in their mail shot ? As said above, an explanation of the motherboard mods would be welcomed. I am guessing that it must be significant for them to do another massive recall, all at no cost to us (well other than the initial upgrade costs). It would be a helluva lot cheaper for them to send out boards for a dealer / user fit. They mention 'numerous capabilities' will be added after the release? Will this make it a Sonos beater, with every streaming service one can shake a stick at?

Me, I am happy with Roon now integrated into Air, with Tidal & Internet Radio (although the latter could do with re-vamping in the front-end department). This was my No.1 wish and it's working well. There's always room for improvement, but I think I trust Roon a whole load more than Devialet for anything on the software side.

But as also mentioned, there is always a niggle when things are updated and one may not have that streamer board upgrade in place to take advantage. Like it or not, it kind of makes it obligatory.

Gents, I posted sometig on the Roon forum that is related to this, and got a reply from Roon shedding just a litthle bit of light on the streamer board in relation to Roon:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-air-streaming-released/28170/48
(I posted it 16/7, so in the thread look there)

rdok

Looking at the link per rdok's post above, it pretty much looks like the OS Board being 'Roon Ready' in some way is now pretty much confirmed?  Does anyone read this any differently?

Our very own Hifi_swlon even gets a wink from Devialet!  So even if Devialet don't love him now, it at least looks like they are making a move.

RE: Streamer board......? - pjlarge - 17-Jul-2017

Something that just occurred to me.  If they're now saying they want the amp back to install the card, presumably if you're dual mono they'll want them both as logic would dictate the same mods will need to take place to both amps...?

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017

(17-Jul-2017, 15:35)Confused Wrote: Looking at the link per rdok's post above, it pretty much looks like the OS Board being 'Roon Ready' in some way is now pretty much confirmed?  Does anyone read this any differently?

Our very own Hifi_swlon even gets a wink from Devialet!  So even if Devialet don't love him now, it at least looks like they are making a move.

You're too funny! Big Grin

I read it that way.

Hats off to someone actually trying to communicate with us. It should be applauded - even if i wanted to scream!!! Tongue One of the good guys. Hopefully he's too busy finishing off the interface for the convolution engine. Cool

(I still get the 'Devialet Loves You' email headers. Anyone else? I thought someone had posted they'd changed it? If not, maybe it's started to rub off on them....)

Streamer board......? - LBameule - 17-Jul-2017

(15-Jul-2017, 13:18)Nightmare Wrote: My opinion is: specific threads for specific questions/problems. It is very hard to find things in these mega threads later on. And as the chat will have no limitations for more than 100 threads...

Yup, true! +1

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Streamer board......? - Emerald - 18-Jul-2017

Installing streamer board will widen the price gap between main and slave amps.

RE: Streamer board......? - Vivialet - 18-Jul-2017

what I would like to know about the new streamer board:
- it is replacing the Wifi and Duet boards: will it still be AIR compatible or will it completely replace AIR ? In this case the new Roon/AIR integration would not work anymore.
- will it support Roon initally ? If not anyone who buys a new Roon license now cannot use it anymore (maybe via dlna ? )
- will it be possible to return to the Duet board in case the SQ is not as good as before (e.g. optimized Audio PC via AES)

Before I send my unit for update I want to have answers to these questions!

RE: Streamer board......? - Hifi_swlon - 18-Jul-2017

(18-Jul-2017, 12:19)Vivialet Wrote: what I would like to know about the new streamer board:
- it is replacing the Wifi and Duet boards: will it still be AIR compatible or will it completely replace AIR ? In this case the new Roon/AIR integration would not work anymore.
- will it support Roon initally ? If not anyone who buys a new Roon license now cannot use it anymore (maybe via dlna ? )
- will it be possible to return to the Duet board in case the SQ is not as good as before (e.g. optimized Audio PC via AES)

Before I send my unit for update I want to have answers to these questions!

Q1 wifi and duet - already confirmed replacing both boards. See their website for the pic and size.
Q2 AIR - very unlikely to stop since many people use the AIR virtual soundcard thingy
Q3 Roon - it already does via their AIR. RoonReady hinted at.
Q4 revert back - this is very much unknown. Some have suggested sending it back without the old cards. But will the motherboard changes (and presumably firmware update) render them useless?