Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - Waiski - 30-Sep-2017

Will it be possible to use phone as a source(tidal) via wifi?

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 30-Sep-2017

Sure, Airplay and Bluetooth will make that possible Wink

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 30-Sep-2017

Is there any new news around PEQ / convolution?

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 30-Sep-2017

(29-Sep-2017, 18:13)baconbrain Wrote:
(02-Aug-2017, 11:59)Antoine Wrote: Low and behold, there's a Audinate IC there! That probably means some sort of Dante/AES67 support. There was a reference to Dante/AES67 for Devialet's 'Immersive Theater System' I.T.S. using Phantoms here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4111 so it could be there to integrate an Expert in such a system or as an AIR replacement of course since Dante can stream audio over IP (AoIP).

Somehow I missed this post, but am incredibly excited about the possibilities it could bring.  Smile

Excellent stuff!

Wow, that's unexpected!

That opens up all sorts of possibilities.

I wonder if you could stick a BSS London processor in front of the Devialet in order to use JBL Pro series speakers that rely on London BSS for DSP/crossover (e.g. 708i).

RE: Core Infinity board - Music or sound - 01-Oct-2017

Ravenna would one of these possibilities. What I was reading and hearing at the last Highend from Merging Technologies sounds quite promising, no more expensive attempts to ameliorate USB!

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 01:37)Music or sound Wrote: Ravenna would one of these possibilities. What I was reading and hearing at the last Highend from Merging Technologies sounds quite promising, no more expensive attempts to ameliorate USB!

Or just use Roon.

RE: Core Infinity board - Music or sound - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 01:55)watchnerd Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 01:37)Music or sound Wrote: Ravenna would one of these possibilities. What I was reading and hearing at the last Highend from Merging Technologies sounds quite promising, no more expensive attempts to ameliorate USB!

Or just use Roon.

Ravenna is a transmission protocol and Roon is basically a file rendering software and should be in principal not exclusive from each other

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 04:20)Music or sound Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 01:55)watchnerd Wrote:

Or just use Roon.

Ravenna is a transmission protocol and Roon is basically a file rendering software and should be in principal not exclusive from each other

Roon also has RAAT, which is a transmission protocol, and works on generic networking hardware.

RE: Core Infinity board - ogs - 01-Oct-2017

There has been discussion on the Roon forum about Ravenna support in Roon. The Roon guys participated. Some sort of RAAT over Ravenna was suggested to keep zone sync in Roon working. Problem seems to be that if Roon enables Ravenna support, ALL Ravenna capable devices devices would see Roon, also those that are not Roon RAAT enabled. Should be possible to solve, but will probably take some time.

RE: Core Infinity board - Confused - 01-Oct-2017

I visited the Hifi London / Indulgence show (I hate that name!) yesterday. Devialet were demonstrating the Gold Phantoms and also the 1000 Pro with Sasha II's. They also had an 'opened up' 220 Pro on display. I was hoping to get a nice picture of this showing some kind of exclusive image of the final Devialet OS board installation, but no, the Pro on display had the 'old' Duet and wifi boards installed. So Elztalbiker gets to keep his well deserved exclusive picture crown.

I do have some news though, if you can call it news. I spoke to two of the Devialet reps on hand, both confirmed that the Core Intelligence board and upgrade scheme were fully on schedule. So assuming this information is accurate, we only have two more weeks of speculation on this 62 page thread before we will have the real information.

I also had a strange conversation re Roon compatibility. I asked if the new OS board would support Roon, the response, 'you already have Roon support!' (I presume referring to Roon integrated AIR) I clarified, no I am asking if the new OS board will support Roon. The response was pretty casual, something along the lines of 'yes of course'.