Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - Pim - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 12:20)Confused Wrote: I visited the Hifi London / Indulgence show (I hate that name!) yesterday.  Devialet were demonstrating the Gold Phantoms and also the 1000 Pro with Sasha II's.  They also had an 'opened up' 220 Pro on display.  I was hoping to get a nice picture of this showing some kind of exclusive image of the final Devialet OS board installation, but no, the Pro on display had the 'old' Duet and wifi boards installed.  So Elztalbiker gets to keep his well deserved exclusive picture crown.

I do have some news though, if you can call it news.  I spoke to two of the Devialet reps on hand, both confirmed that the Core Intelligence board and upgrade scheme were fully on schedule.  So assuming this information is accurate, we only have two more weeks of speculation on this 62 page thread before we will have the real information.

I also had a strange conversation re Roon compatibility.  I asked if the new OS board would support Roon, the response, 'you already have Roon support!'  (I presume referring to Roon integrated AIR)  I clarified, no I am asking if the new OS board will support Roon.  The response was pretty casual, something along the lines of 'yes of course'.

LOL! You got to give it to Devialet; they are persistent in giving people rubbish information. If only they would have put that persistence into AIR we wouldn't have needed Roon to clean up their mess. Then again, I love Roon so who cares.

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 12:20)Confused Wrote: I also had a strange conversation re Roon compatibility. I asked if the new OS board would support Roon, the response, 'you already have Roon support!' (I presume referring to Roon integrated AIR) I clarified, no I am asking if the new OS board will support Roon. The response was pretty casual, something along the lines of 'yes of course'.

Thank you very much for sharing this! Very exciting.

Are you sure that they understood what is the difference between RoonAIR and RAAT?

RE: Core Infinity board - Confused - 01-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 13:49)petrik Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 12:20)Confused Wrote: I also had a strange conversation re Roon compatibility.  I asked if the new OS board would support Roon, the response, 'you already have Roon support!'  (I presume referring to Roon integrated AIR)  I clarified, no I am asking if the new OS board will support Roon.  The response was pretty casual, something along the lines of 'yes of course'.

Are you sure that they understood what is the difference between RoonAIR and RAAT?

I am never 100% sure regarding anything Devialet might say!  But yes, I think in this case all was clear and understood.

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 06-Oct-2017

(01-Oct-2017, 14:02)Confused Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 13:49)petrik Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 12:20)Confused Wrote: I also had a strange conversation re Roon compatibility.  I asked if the new OS board would support Roon, the response, 'you already have Roon support!'  (I presume referring to Roon integrated AIR)  I clarified, no I am asking if the new OS board will support Roon.  The response was pretty casual, something along the lines of 'yes of course'.

I am never 100% sure regarding anything Devialet might say!  But yes, I think in this case all was clear and understood.

I got a following reply from Devialet support today. I'm definitely not happy with this Confused

Quote:Furthermore, I do believe that Air in Roon will not be a feature you will use in December. Because one you receive your Devialet with the Core card, Roon will be played via airplay (even if you have a windows Airplay is still used).
I do not have feedback of crackling sound when customers stream roon via airplay. I'll have a look into it.

RE: Core Infinity board - blair.athol - 06-Oct-2017

Let's assume this support guy was referring to Airplay 2, the new protocol announced by Apple. Devialet was one of the companies referred to by Apple supporting this new streaming protocol. It will have an increased buffer and multi room features.

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 06-Oct-2017

I’ll have to ask about that.

So good news is that *probably* no crackles with it, but how about SQ and high resolution streaming?

RE: Core Infinity board - marcor - 06-Oct-2017

This is extremely worrying for me.
My Devialet 250 Pro works flawlessly with Roon through Ethernet. No Crackles or drop all the resolution supported even DSD (DoP) working.
Now Devialet will release this mystery board and there is the risk that things could change if what they said in regard to AirPlay is correct. I really would like to know how this board will work before I send my Amp to get it installed. It could well be one of those "update" that is better skip if you are happy with your set up....
AirPlay2 seems to be able to support only 44.1 kHZ or 48 kHZ.

Here the AirPlay2 presentation.
https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/509/
at mark 35 minutes mention supports audio format. If you open the PDF with the slides check page 169
https://devstreaming-cdn.apple.com/videos/wwdc/2017/509v96e4gd96rlqyq/509/509_introducing_airplay_2.pdf

RE: Core Infinity board - baddog - 07-Oct-2017

I personally am not worried that the introduction of the board will result in dropping support for Roon integration. It doesn't make sense, and I don't believe Devialet is proposing removing Roon support and instead offering support via Airplay.

That being said, I don't work for Devialet, so I guess we will have to wait and see shortly.

RE: Core Infinity board - Axel - 07-Oct-2017

I too am worried that Devialet are riding rough shod over us. They should tell us the exact functionality of the CI board. As marcor said, some of us might not want the board fitted if it’s going to be a backward step. I can’t honestly believe that Devialet would get this wrong though. Would they? Confused Confused

RE: Core Infinity board - Chris Marshall - 07-Oct-2017

I agree with Baddog, there is no way Devialet will remove Roon support and rely on Airplay with the new board.

More likely is that Roon RAAT will be introduced to replace AIR for pro owners. I’m sure Roon will continue to support AIR from their side so that will still be available for non-pro owners and I’d be surprised if they removed it from the pro as well, though I wouldn’t expect any more work to make it better!

Airplay, Bluetooth, etc are great convenience features but I can’t imagine Devialet relying on them, remember how focused they are on great sound.