Devialet Chat
Core Infinity board - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Core Infinity board (/Thread-Core-Infinity-board)

RE: Core Infinity board - petrik - 07-Oct-2017

I think it's very cheeky for them to say that they are not planning to fix the crackle issue that I'm experiencing and instead of fixing the problem they recommend using Airplay. Airplay would be fine in background listening but I think it just cannot replace the AIR. Airplay is limited to 48 kHz as marcor already said and I'm 99 % sure that it sounds worse than AIR.

I wonder what next, will they recommend playing mp3s instead of Flacs?

RE: Core Infinity board - nduchatel - 07-Oct-2017

(06-Oct-2017, 16:30)petrik Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 14:02)Confused Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 13:49)petrik Wrote: Thank you very much for sharing this! Very exciting.

Are you sure that they understood what is the difference between RoonAIR and RAAT?

I am never 100% sure regarding anything Devialet might say!  But yes, I think in this case all was clear and understood.

I got a following reply from Devialet support today. I'm definitely not happy with this Confused

Quote:Furthermore, I do believe that Air in Roon will not be a feature you will use in December. Because one you receive your Devialet with the Core card, Roon will be played via airplay (even if you have a windows Airplay is still used).
I do not have feedback of crackling sound when customers stream roon via airplay. I'll have a look into it.

Danny from roon seems to be more optimistic

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/devialet-group-zone-waiting-for-roon-ready/28214

RE: Core Infinity board - PeterS - 13-Oct-2017

What I’m afraid of is that the new board isn’t going to solve any problems. I have a music server with a Qobuz streaming subscription. If the new board also supports this then I can sell my music server, but streaming music is not a problem. I also have a MacMini that runs the Roon software and that works great. So if the new board can run Roon then I can use my MacMini for something else, but that doesn’t solve any problem.
Anyway, I expect the email to send my amp to France any day, so we’ll wait and see.

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 14-Oct-2017

(13-Oct-2017, 20:42)PeterS Wrote: What I’m afraid of is that the new board isn’t going to solve any problems. I have a music server with a Qobuz streaming subscription. If the new board also supports this then I can sell my music server, but streaming music is not a problem. I also have a MacMini that runs the Roon software and that works great. So if the new board can run Roon then I can use my MacMini for something else, but that doesn’t solve any problem.
Anyway, I expect the email to send my amp to France any day, so we’ll wait and see.

What *would* solve a problem is if the new board includes convolution and/or room correction capabilities.

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 15-Oct-2017

(07-Oct-2017, 07:29)petrik Wrote: I think it's very cheeky for them to say that they are not planning to fix the crackle issue that I'm experiencing and instead of fixing the problem they recommend using Airplay. Airplay would be fine in background listening but I think it just cannot replace the AIR. Airplay is limited to 48 kHz as marcor already said and I'm 99 % sure that it sounds worse than AIR.

Is Airplay 2 still limited to 48k? I thought I read it had been upgraded...

RE: Core Infinity board - marcor - 15-Oct-2017

(15-Oct-2017, 02:55)watchnerd Wrote:
(07-Oct-2017, 07:29)petrik Wrote: I think it's very cheeky for them to say that they are not planning to fix the crackle issue that I'm experiencing and instead of fixing the problem they recommend using Airplay. Airplay would be fine in background listening but I think it just cannot replace the AIR. Airplay is limited to 48 kHz as marcor already said and I'm 99 % sure that it sounds worse than AIR.

Is Airplay 2 still limited to 48k?  I thought I read it had been upgraded...
Not according to apple
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4053&pid=66861#pid66861

RE: Core Infinity board - watchnerd - 16-Oct-2017

(15-Oct-2017, 03:48)marcor Wrote:
(15-Oct-2017, 02:55)watchnerd Wrote:

Is Airplay 2 still limited to 48k?  I thought I read it had been upgraded...
Not according to apple
https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4053&pid=66861#pid66861

Well, as long as the new board supports RAAT, I can get by with Airplay for the 'convenience' feature moments and save RAAT for the high rez listening.

RE: Core Infinity board - blair.athol - 16-Oct-2017

2017 : AIR 3 - AIR is fully Roon-integrated 

Core Infinity : Starting October 17th, integration in Expert Pro systems for enhanced compatibility with current and future digital streaming protocols including UPnP renderer, Airplay, Spotify Connect and many more to come.
Devialet products are based on an innovative platform principle that intricately blends hardware and software. Key functions such as power conversion within the main power supply or ADH® core management are controlled by software.
By optimizing power supply software, you can improve power conversion – both in terms of efficiency and response time. Superior ADH® core management radically enhances sound reproduction quality.

AIR® technology gives you the freedom to enjoy all your locally stored music. With zero compromise (up to 24 bits/192kHz).

Available via Wi-Fi and Ethernet, AIR® instantly transforms any Expert Pro into your very own universal smartphone, Mac or PC sound card. Music, films, podcasts… All your audio and multimedia content, ready to go on Expert Pro.

AIR ® offers two different set-up options, asynchronous BitPerfect or asynchronous fixed broadband, to ensure the best possible service quality in even the most unreliable network environments. Asynchronous BitPerfect mode provides optimal audiophile-grade conditions: music is transferred from your computer or smartphone to the amplifier with zero alteration to audio samples. This mode of transfer occurs at the exact same rate as Expert Pro digital-analog conversion rather than the speed imposed by your computer. The amplifier therefore dictates computer behavior rather than the opposite, with AIR® intelligence split evenly between the two devices.
Smart buffer management guarantees minimal latency and optimal capacity availability. It’s as though your music were already pre-downloaded and available from RAM memory immediately upstream from digital-analog conversion.
By dramatically clearing the pathway from audio content source to analog conversion, AIR® keeps overall digital jitter to an absolute minimum. For radically superior clarity and transparency all throughout playback.